LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:00 am
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

To kick off the 4-day weekend (for most of us),

Not me :’(

1Galadriel, Queen of Lórien Elven
Companion • Elf
Strength: 3
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 6
Muster.
Skirmish: Exert Galadriel to play an Elven artifact from your draw deck on an Elven Elf skirmishing a minion.
”They were clad wholly in white; and the hair of the Lady was of deep gold….”

I dunno if this matters but id phrase it Spot an elf skirmishing a minion and exert galadriel to play an elven artifact from your draw deck on that elf. Meh. Anyway shes ok but will take a lot keep her alive.

1 Well-protected Borders Elven
Event • Maneuver
Spot an Elven Elf to make a roaming minion strength –X until the regroup phase, where X is the number of burdens you can spot.
”’…there will be many Elves hidden on the northern border before another night falls.’”

Hmmm i dont think taking advantage of burdens is a free peoples thing. It defeats the point in them being bad. Cool card and nicely balanced. The more burdens the greater the risk but then this card gets better. Would just feel better if it spotted something else, cos i cant think of any other freeps cards that D made that like burdens.

3 Hidden Sentinels Elven
Event • Archery
Exert 2 Elven Elves to make the fellowship archery total +2 (or +3 if you can spot a roaming minion).
”’…we went ahead and spoke with feigned voices, leading them on into the wood.’”

Yeah seems balanced and ok.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:26 am
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Companion • Elf
Muster.
Skirmish: Exert Galadriel to play an Elven artifact from your draw deck on an Elven Elf skirmishing a minion.

Seems rather similar to some of your other Elves (though I suppose with Celeborn that was deliberate). Not sure such an easy and powerful fetching ability should warrant an increase in cost, a spotting requirement or the dropping of muster, but it’s something to think about.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Event • Maneuver
Spot an Elven Elf to make a roaming minion strength –X until the regroup phase, where X is the number of burdens you can spot.
”’…there will be many Elves hidden on the northern border before another night falls.’”

I wouldn’t use this card. How many Elven cards add burdens? Not only that, it requires a good number of them on top of 1 and the minion being roaming. Maybe it should make a roaming minion strength -2 until the regroup phase, then with some brackets ’or -1 for each burden you can spot’ so that it works in each case.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
3 Hidden Sentinels Elven
Event • Archery
Exert 2 Elven Elves to make the fellowship archery total +2 (or +3 if you can spot a roaming minion).
”’…we went ahead and spoke with feigned voices, leading them on into the wood.’”

I’d increase the cost and throw on a toil, but no real complaints.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:39 am
Thranduil wrote:
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Event • Maneuver

I wouldn’t use this card. How many Elven cards add burdens? Not only that, it requires a good number of them on top of 1 and the minion being roaming. Maybe it should make a roaming minion strength -2 until the regroup phase, then with some brackets ’or -1 for each burden you can spot’ so that it works in each case.

VERY good idea. Done, and a GP to you! Very Happy
I had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:45 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Companion • Elf
Muster.
Skirmish: Exert Galadriel to play an Elven artifact from your draw deck on an Elven Elf involved skirmishing a minion.

The "involved" is unnecessary. She’s alright otherwise, I think. As I tell everyone who will listen, though, I HATE designing Galadriel DCs, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. Razz

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Event • Maneuver
Spot an Elven Elf to make a roaming minion strength –2 until the regroup phase (or -1 for each burden you can spot).

Weird, but fine.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
3 Hidden Sentinels Elven
Event • Archery

I like the roaming thing you’ve got going on with your Elves. Makes a lot of sense. Oh, and I like this card just fine, too. Smile
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:54 pm
Thanks, Dáin. Smile Now, let’s break away from Lórien (for the present time, anyway) and delve into a few cards revolving around Legolas. Thumbs Up

2Legolas, Friend of Gimli Elven
Companion • Elf
Strength: 6
Archer. Legolas gains hunter 1 for each wound on Gimli.
Skirmish: Exert Legolas to make a minion skirmishing Gimli strength -1 (or -2 if that minion is an Orc).
”Often he took Gimli with him when he went abroad in the land, and the others wondered at this change.’”

2Legolas, Elf of Mirkwood Elven
Companion • Elf
Archer.
Each time Legolas wins a skirmish, you may draw a card or take an Elven event from your discard pile into hand.
”Legolas had loosed his bow. There was a hideous yell, and the leaping shape thudded to the ground….”

1White Knife of Legolas Elven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be Legolas. He gains hunter 1. This possession may be borne in addition to 1 other hand weapon.
Skirmish: Discard this possession to exert a minion Legolas is skirmishing (or wound that minion if it is an Orc or an Uruk-hai).
”Legolas had a bow and a quiver, and at his belt a long white knife.”
Last edited by Anonymous Prodigy on Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:21 pm; edited 3 times in totalI had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:13 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Companion • Elf
Skirmish: Exert Legolas to make a minion skirmishing Gimli strength -2 (or -3 if that minion is an Orc).
”Often he took Gimli with him when he went abroad in the land, and the others wondered at this change.’”

I hope you plan to have a similiar Gimli. But this is already a wicked combo with Counter of Foes, which I’ve actually built an entire SdA deck around. Very Happy

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Companion • Elf
Archer. Hunter 2.
Each time Legolas wins a skirmish, you may draw a card or take an Elven event from your discard pile into hand.
”Legolas had loosed his bow. There was a hideous yell, and the leaping shape thudded to the ground….”

I would limit it to skirmish events (or maybe archery events), and as much as I love the idea of an archer AND hunter 2 Legolas, this one is just too good. So lower it to hunter 1.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Possession • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be Legolas. He gains hunter 1. This possession may be borne in addition to 1 other hand weapon.
Skirmish: Discard this possession to exert a minion Legolas is skirmishing (or wound that minion if it is an Orc or an Uruk-hai).

Since it’s most useful only when discarded, I think the "may be borne in addition" thing is fine. Thumbs Up
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:28 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Companion • Elf
Archer. Hunter 2.

I would limit it to skirmish events (or maybe archery events), and as much as I love the idea of an archer AND hunter 2 Legolas, this one is just too good. So lower it to hunter 1.

Done. Thanks! GP
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:54 pm
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

Companion • Elf
Skirmish: Exert Legolas to make a minion skirmishing Gimli strength -2 (or -3 if that minion is an Orc).

I’m slightly worried about it being OP... Gimli can get loads of vitality.

And I’m not too fond of the second ability. Hunters can already do that with Forth the Three Hunters (although admittedly exerting a different companion), and its even better since they can heal Aragorn with Focus. I think I different sort of ability on legolas would be nice.

Quote:
Companion • Elf
Archer. Hunter 1.

Awesome!

Quote:
Possession • Hand Weapon

Cool.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:20 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
I keep seeing all these cards with "hunter". Seriously, do you guys actually think it’s a good mechanic? Or just use it because "it’s new"? ’cause I HATE the GUTS of it... I expected more from D, they messed up a lot with keywords and mechanichs.
I don't like YOU.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:35 pm
Felipe Musco wrote:
I keep seeing all these cards with "hunter". Seriously, do you guys actually think it’s a good mechanic? Or just use it because "it’s new"? ’cause I HATE the GUTS of it... I expected more from D, they messed up a lot with keywords and mechanichs.

I think hunter is a great mechanic. How can you not like the Three Hunters and Uruk-hai hunters? Not only the potential strength bonuses, but the cards that play off hunter itself: Aragorn, Thorongil, Violent Hurl, Ugluk, Ugly Fellow, With All Possible Speed, Forth the Three Hunters, etc.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards