LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:19 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
0 Friendship Renewed Elven
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, add an Elven token here for each Dwarf you can spot.
Skirmish: Remove an Elven token from here to make a minion skirmishing a Dwarf strength -1.
”’It is long indeed since we saw one of Durin’s folk in Caras Galadhon. But today we have broken our long law.’”
make it -2 IMHO

4Glorfindel, Ranger of Rivendell Elven
Companion • Elf
Strength: 7
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 6
Hunter 1. Ranger.
While you can spot Aragorn, Glorfindel is damage +1.
Fellowship: Exert Glorfindel and discard an Elven card from hand to play an Elven possession from your draw deck or discard pile.
”’This is Glorfindel, who dwells in the house of Elrond….’”
up strength to 8, down vitality to 3 IMHO

2Asfaloth, Steed of Glorfindel Elven
Possession • Mount
Strength +1
Resistance +1
Bearer must be an Elf.
While skirmishing an unmounted minion, bearer gains hunter 1.
Skirmish: If bearer is Glorfindel, exert him twice and add a burden to cancel a skirmish involving another companion.
”…their great steeds were no match in speed for the white elf-horse of Glorfindel.”

cool! maybe just exert him twice...
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:14 am
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, add an Elven token here for each Dwarf you can spot.
Skirmish: Remove an Elven token from here to make a minion skirmishing a Dwarf strength -1.
”’It is long indeed since we saw one of Durin’s folk in Caras Galadhon. But today we have broken our long law.’”

Cool.

Companion • Elf
Hunter 1. Ranger.
Fellowship: Exert Glorfindel and discard an Elven card from hand to play an Elven possession from your draw deck or discard pile.

Seems fine to me.

Possession • Mount
Strength +1
Resistance +1
Bearer must be an Elf.
Skirmish: If bearer is Glorfindel, exert him twice and add a burden to cancel a skirmish involving another companion.
”…their great steeds were no match in speed for the white elf-horse of Glorfindel.”

Excellent.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:03 pm
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Condition • Support Area

I think it should be skirmishing an Elf or Dwarf, but interesting card.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Companion • Elf
Hunter 1. Ranger.

Why the change in stats? I agree with SoP that he should have strength 8 and vitality 3, even though it makes his ability slightly less effective. Solid abilities, though a damage bonus for an Elf is a bit strange.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Possession • Mount
Strength +1
Resistance +1
Bearer must be an Elf.

Very interesting. Probably balanced, though I’m not sure. Maybe it could only exert him once?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:49 am
4Aragorn, Estel Elven
Companion • Man
Strength: 8
Resistance: 8
Ranger. Hunter 1.
While skirmishing a roaming minion, Aragorn is damage +1.
Regroup: Exert Aragorn twice and spot another Elven ranger to reconcile your hand and remove 3.
”’…Aragorn has gone with Elrond’s sons.’”

0 None Will Ever Return Elven
Condition • Support Area
To play, exert an Elven Elf.
Response: If a minion is played, spot 2 Elven Elves and add a burden or a threat to make that minion’s site number +2 until the regroup phase.
”’A strong company of Orcs has passed.’”

2 Blade of Rivendell Elven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be an Elven Elf. If bearer is a ranger, bearer gains hunter 1.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may exert a minion (or wound a minion if you can spot a roaming minion).
”His hand left the bridle and gripped the hilt of his sword, and with a red flash he drew it.”
Last edited by Anonymous Prodigy on Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:00 am; edited 1 time in totalI had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:58 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
4Aragorn, Estel Elven
Companion • Man
Hunter 2. Ranger.
Regroup: Exert Aragorn twice to reconcile your hand and remove 3.

Two minor complaints:

- I think the ranger and hunter should have their places swapped. Just cleaner and more "normal" that way. Thumbs Up
- With the subtitle and lore, I think this should tie in with Elves somehow. Perhaps make him hunter 1 by default and an additional hunter 1 if you can spot another Elven hunter. That alone might do it. Alternatively, keep the stats as they are and have his regroup ability require spotting another Elven hunter, or perhaps "2 other hunters (or another Elven hunter)".

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Condition • Support Area
Response: If a minion is played, spot 2 Elven Elves and add a burden or a threat to make that minion’s site number +2 until the regroup phase.

Nifty.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may exert a minion (or wound a minion if you can spot a roaming minion).
”His hand left the bridle and gripped the hilt of his sword, and with a red flash he drew it.”

With the new Elven Aragorn, perhaps let this one be borne simply by an Elven companion.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:16 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
4Aragorn, Estel Elven
Companion • Man
Hunter 2. Ranger.
Regroup: Exert Aragorn twice to reconcile your hand and remove 3.

Two minor complaints:

- I think the ranger and hunter should have their places swapped. Just cleaner and more "normal" that way. Thumbs Up
- With the subtitle and lore, I think this should tie in with Elves somehow. Perhaps make him hunter 1 by default and an additional hunter 1 if you can spot another Elven hunter. That alone might do it. Alternatively, keep the stats as they are and have his regroup ability require spotting another Elven hunter, or perhaps "2 other hunters (or another Elven hunter)".

I’m trying to work more with ranger than hunter, so I edited it accordingly. What do you think? Smile
I had to put something here.
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:49 pm
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
4Aragorn, Estel Elven
Companion • Man
Ranger. Hunter 1.
Regroup: Exert Aragorn twice and spot another Elven ranger to reconcile your hand and remove 3.

Apart from being OP with the hunter bonus (though not as bad as hunter 2), he seems alright, though I think the first ability is a bit irrelevant and could easily be cut to make sure of his balance.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Condition • Support Area

Take out the exertion and make it discard the condition, then maybe with a recursion ability as well, because say you had 9 companions and no threats, you could theoretically make 1 minion site number +36 by adding 9 threats and 9 burdens. It would probably be better as an ’each time’ ability, and also better without adding either burdens or threats but choosing only one or the other.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1

I think I’m going with DI on this one. Good card overall.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:04 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
4Aragorn, Estel Elven
Companion • Man
Ranger. Hunter 1.

Apart from being OP with the hunter bonus (though not as bad as hunter 2), he seems alright, though I think the first ability is a bit irrelevant and could easily be cut to make sure of his balance.

I respectfully disagree. I think the first line of text makes him useful not only with Elves, but also with Gondor rangers. I like how he could go either way right now, despite his culture.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:22 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
4Aragorn, Estel Elven
Companion • Man
Ranger. Hunter 1.
cool! maybe with the regroup ability cut the removing twilight all together

Condition • Support Area
make it add 1-2 or a threat IMHO

Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1

cool! wheres the lore from?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:24 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
cool! wheres the lore from?

The Fellowship of the Ring, in reference to Glorfindel. Smile
I had to put something here.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards