LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
Alex
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:03 am
Hey guys just a litlle question: the event Deep in Thought(3C30) says spot 4 twilight tokens to discard all shadow conditions, the cost of the event is 4, can i spot the cost of this event to discard all shadow conditions? or i have to spot another 4 twilight tokens. Think

Thx Very Happy
NappyKorn
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:49 am
I’ve thought about this as well. If you think about it chronologically you have to pay the twilight before the card is played so with that in mind you can then spot 4 twilight if that card cost 4 twilight. The card doesn’t say spot another 4 twilght or spot 8 twilight. On the other hand why would decipher bother saying spot 4 twilght if the card cost 4 why not just make it say discard all shadow condition from play when you play this event. Anyway I don’t think this actually helps just thought I put this in. I will await the actually answer from Bib as he always seems to have the correct answer.
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:07 pm
Deep in Thought is a bit confusing. Spotting is considered a requirement (in the context of playing a card or using a special ability), not a cost, and you need to meet requirements first before paying costs.

So for Deep in Thought, you’ll need to spot 4 twilight tokens (as a requirement, even though it comes before "to") before adding 4 tokens (as the cost).
bibfortuna25
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:09 pm
You have to meet the requirements before you can pay the costs. So the 4 twilight has to be in the pool before you play Deep in Thought.
All cards do what they say.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:29 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Indeed, the same case with that event that boosts Gandy’s strength for spotting twilight tokens.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
bibfortuna25
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:32 pm
Under the Living Earth actually will allow you to spot the token you pay for its cost to get an extra +1 strength for Gandalf.

UTLE spots twilight as the effect, not the cost, which is why it works differently than DIT.
NBarden
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:43 pm
Is that the limit +9 one?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
bibfortuna25
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:48 pm
Under the Living Earth is +5, while Undaunted is +8.
NBarden
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:18 pm
Undaunted is the one. That card’s crazy.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Alex
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:14 am
Aww, i just knew it, that was my last shot..well ok thx 4 the quick reply ahh.. by the way can i use Seclusion(12U23) and no discard a condition because there’s no a shadow condition, or i have to discard one of my conditions??? (because the card didn’t say discard up to 1 condition, the card says "discard a condition"), if the anwser is yes(yes, i have to discard one of my conditions) the same s**t happens with this uruk event You Do Not Know Fear (17R137) if i spot 4 uruks and use this event i have to discard 4 conditions, but if i only spot 2 free people conditions i have to discard 2 of my conditions, right?
Thanx again.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions