LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Casual / Other Formats
NBarden
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:44 pm
--- description ---
The cunning mind of those tricky faeries.
--- end description ---

Mana Base:

Secluded Glen x 4
Vivid Marsh x 4
Vivid Creek x 4
Island x 6
Marsh x 2

Creatures (32):

2-drops
Spellstutter Sprite x 4

3-drops
Pestermite x 4
Scion of Oona x 4
Thieving Sprite x 4

4-drops
Glen Elendra Pranksters x 4
Mistbind Clique x 4
Dreamspoiler Witches x 4
Sower of Temptation x 4

Enchantments (4):

Faerie Tauntings x 4

Instants (4):

Faerie Trickery x 4

The point of the deck is to use all the "each time you play a spell during your opponent’s turn" cards to make your opponent’s lose life, their creatures lose power and toughness, and then you can bounce cards back to hand with Glen Endra Pranksters to bounce a couple cheap faeries back and forth between your hand and play to hurt your opponent. You also have shroud, and some pretty good countering spells. Spellstutter Sprite is the best combo. Get then out with the pranksters and then cancel like crazy! While swinging like crazy. Twisted Evil

And then with all your come into play creatures, have a blast!

And basically, use Sower of Temptation to start swinging their own creatures against themselves. Once you get their guy killed on a suicide mission, then you can bounce him back!

Get the point? Basically bounce creatures like crazy!
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:39 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
I tried toying around with Faerie Tauntings, as well, and it’s good on a multiplayer table (chaos or 2HG) , but it’s too slow in a dual. By the time it’s finally hit play, you will have played most of your cards already, and it won’t have taht much impact on the board. You could EASILY get away with cutting it, cutting 1 Scion (althouth not THAT necessary), 1 Dreamspoiler Witches or even 2 (you 4 drop spot is too clogged, and it’s not that great of a card in Constructed, more in Limited), cut 1 Mistbind Clique (too many 4-drops, needs championing), run 3 Sower of Temptation maindeck TOPS (if there’s nothing juicy to steal, it’s just an overpriced faerie), and I’d like to see you run some of the most powerful Faerie cards you left out, like Faerie Harbinger (gets any faerie, and at instant speed, works almost like a direct tutor, as you don’t let your opponent benefit from the information in time, you’ll be drawing the card right away), perhaps run Peppersmoke (MIGHT be good enough for maindeck, AND draws you cards), RUN NAMELESS INVERSION (best damn removal spell, not to mention, you can suddenly swing with a 7/1 Flying Mistbind Clique!, and, of course, run the cream of the cream, Oona’s Prowler (amazing card, almost Hypnotic Specter for Lorwyn Block), and Thoughtseize!
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:16 pm
The point is to have the faeries bouncing back and forth over and over all game with the Prankster.

At which point they keep hitting the table over and over.

A creature IS a spell, right?
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:21 pm
Yep. But ATTACKING, since your creatures BASICALLY have haste (you play them eot anyway), might be a better path to victory. Oh, and I forgot to give honorable mention to Wyden, the Biting Gale. Run 2. AMAZING.
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:13 pm
I saw Wydwen, but I didn’t get why he’s so awesome. Because he’s 3/3?

The return to hand ability is kinda...meh, I’d see it useful if you don’t have any more spells to use with the pranksters, but is that EVER going to happen?

So if you could tell me exactly why he’s awesome, that’d be great.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:09 pm
Ok, let’s see:

- He’s a 4-mana 3/3 flier, which is pretty good on its own.
- He has flash, meaning you won’t EVER need to lock your mana on playing him, as you can play him eot, or as a surprise blocker.
For these 2 arguments, you might argue that Mistbind Clique is even bigger, and not multi-colored, to which you’re right, but he requires championing, which CAN be an issue sometimes, that’s why I avoid to use 4 ofs of Champions.
Now, let’s talk about his return to hand ability:
- It sets off Dreamspoiler Witches when you have no other way to do it, sure, but this is the least good point it has. Of course, if you have A TON of mana, you can do it more than once, but it requires A TON of mana. But even though, CAN be done.
- It gives it a form of "pseudo-vigilance", again requiring A TON of mana, since you can play it eot, then swing on your turn, bounce it back, play it again, untapped.
- It makes it one killer blocker/attacker, since if it connects with a creature that would kill it in the process, you can stack damage, and THEN bounce it back. Wydwen takes no damage, since it’s no longer in play, but the other creature does, since damage was on the stack already. Combine this with the faeries toughness reducing effects, such as Peppersmoke and the Witches themselves, and it’s a pretty powerful tool, both offensive and defensive.
- It’s immune to removal. Seriously. The only removal spell that can kill it is Sudden Death, provided nothing boosted Wydwen’s toughness above 4, and nobody uses Sudden Death anymore. So, basically, it’s a tough beater that simply can’t be killed, period. No wonder it’s legendary, playing 4 of these would be SO OP...
So, do I make my point now? Wink
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Casual / Other Formats