LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)
NBarden
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:26 am
But a 20/20 indestructible token is SO FUN!

If you can make it work.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:37 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
To Lurkerburger:

Actually, the dreaded hammer came down late, after a huge war of attrition (as I said, my opponent played my UG aggro-control, so he had his own counterspells as well), so my resources were somewhat... Depleted. As I found out, this is the best kind of deck to play hammer in, better than straight aggro (unless, as you siad, you’re playing Troll Ascetic).

As for NBarden’s deck idea, c’mon, dude, isn’t it nice to see a true Timmy at heart? Don’t you remember when YOU were one, trying to squeeze every single dragon in your red deck, just because they are fun? Let’s not ruin it for him. He’ll snap out of it eventually, if he ever starts playing the game for real (in MOL or IRL), but until then, back to the board with building around Dark Depths!

PS: I’m organizing a Cube Draft for our confraternization before new year’s, and Dark Depths is in it, let’s see how low it’ll be picked! That oughta show some things about it to him... Wink
PPS: On the other hand, I played Dark Depths in my Coldsnap deck in the Pre-Release. Never made Marit Lage, even ONCE, and made top 16. Think
I don't like YOU.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:35 pm
Lurkerburger wrote:
BTW, do you need 3x Cryptic Command for deck ?

Why, you have some to spare? I already have my set, but I could get some more for a friend of mine. Think
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:17 pm
Try not to be condescending or I’ll have to whup you at LotR to show you who the master is there.

Wink

I’m trying to get a tone of Merfolk from Corvus in trade...but I don’t think that’s going to work.

I prefer heavy, HEAVY aggro, actually, and milling. Control decks like this aren’t my style, but are fun t experiment with.

Milling is awesome. And believe it or not, Drowner of Secrets is the best way to go with that. Combo Wanderwine Prophets/Merrow Commerce, bwahahaha.

I do like Rimescale Dragon/Rimefeather Owl control decks, however. Those are SWEET!

Skred + Stuffy Doll...bwahaha.
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Lurkerburger
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:45 pm
How bout pariah and stuffy doll :p
no i don’t have cryptic commands. But i have goblin stuff for trade 3x knucklebone witch 1x mad auntie 2x wort 1x auntie’s hovel +one extra jace, if you are interested. i traded all other extra t2 cards to Beta Birds of paradise so i don’t have goodies left
O.o
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:01 am
Felipe Musco wrote:
As for NBarden’s deck idea, c’mon, dude, isn’t it nice to see a true Timmy at heart? Don’t you remember when YOU were one, trying to squeeze every single dragon in your red deck, just because they are fun? Let’s not ruin it for him. He’ll snap out of it eventually, if he ever starts playing the game for real (in MOL or IRL), but until then, back to the board with building around Dark Depths!

*LOL!* Guess I’m a Timmy as well. Stompys are fun!

I think you might like a Serra Avatar / Angelic Chorus deck if you haven’t tried it yet, NBarden. Bonus points if you stick an Armadillo Cloak on it. Mr. Green
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:05 am
And/or Loxodon Warhammer.
I don't like YOU.
veBu
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:31 am
If budget is no problem just forget Armadillo Cloak/Loxodon Warhammer and use Oath of Druids + Diamond Valley Razz

You can even beat real T1 decks with that "combo"... hmmm... maybe not beat but atleast get draw Laughing
veBu's LotR & Vs. System Trade Lists - CC References

Untamed Karhu - strongest in its breed.
Open when it's frosty cold and enjoy the full taste.
Karhu is a full-bodied beer. Cheers
NBarden
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:05 pm
Unfortunately, they aren’t standard legal, are they? Very Happy
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:37 pm
As for now, Standard includes cards that were printed or reprinted in one or more of the following sets:

Coldsnap;
Time Spiral;
Planar Chaos;
Future Sight;
10th Edition;
Lorwyn.

So no, Oath of Druis, Diamond Valley or T1 decks are no longer Standard Legal (I don’t think they’ve EVER been Standard legal, since by that time "Standard" was called Type 2 (or T2), so they were "T2 legal", at most.
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)