LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:42 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
then why is it in our reviews but not in his DC’s?

Because he changed it from ’Remove a...’ to ’If bearer is Gimli...’ and took out the phase action by mistake.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:50 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I see. GP
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:12 am
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

2Gimli’s Battle Axe, Orc Hewer Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf. Bearer is damage +1.
If bearer is Gimli, remove a Dwarven token to make him strength +1 (or +2 if he is skirmishing an Orc).
”…in his belt was a broad-bladed axe.”

The orc hate makes this extremely powerful but its cool.

2Glóin, Revered Dwarf Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 6
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 6
Muster.
Each time another Dwarven companion is about to take a wound, exert Glóin to prevent that and reinforce a Dwarven token.
”’Am I right in guessing that you are the Glóin, one of the twelve companions of the great Thorin Oakenshield?’”

Coooool.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:02 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
If bearer is Gimli, remove a Dwarven token to make him strength +1 (or +2 if he is skirmishing an Orc).

I would do hunter bonuses instead of pure strength. Like this:
Skirmish: If bearer is Gimli, remove a Dwarven token to make him gain hunter 1 (or hunter 2 if he is skirmishing an Orc). I think that balances it a tad more, since an opposing hunter minion can negate it, and I also think it makes it more useful and fun overall since it could turn ANY Gimli into a hunter. Thumbs Up

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
2Glóin, Revered Dwarf Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 6
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 6
Muster.
Each time another Dwarven companion is about to take a wound, exert Glóin to prevent that and reinforce a Dwarven token.
”’Am I right in guessing that you are the Glóin, one of the twelve companions of the great Thorin Oakenshield?’”

Missing an important "you may", but otherwise okay.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:23 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2

I would do hunter bonuses instead of pure strength. Like this:
Skirmish: If bearer is Gimli, remove a Dwarven token to make him gain hunter 1 (or hunter 2 if he is skirmishing an Orc). I think that balances it a tad more, since an opposing hunter minion can negate it, and I also think it makes it more useful and fun overall since it could turn ANY Gimli into a hunter. Thumbs Up

Not a bad idea, but it’s basically a built-in Run Until Found; I prefer to stick with the pure strength bonus. Thumbs Up

2 Seek My Own Land Dwarven
Event • Skirmish
Make a Dwarf strength +1 for each other Dwarf you can spot. Then, if the fellowship is at a mountain or underground site, make that Dwarf damage +1.
”’I will go forward free,’ he said, ‘or I will go back….’”

0 Friendship Renewed Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, add a Dwarven token here for each Elf you can spot.
Skirmish: Spot a Dwarf and remove a Dwarven token from here to make a minion skirmishing an Elf strength -1.
”’It is long indeed since we saw one of Durin’s folk in Caras Galadhon. But today we have broken our long law.’”
Last edited by Anonymous Prodigy on Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in totalI had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:32 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
1 Seek My Own Land Dwarven
Event • Skirmish
Make a Dwarf strength +1 for each other Dwarf you can spot (and damage +1 if the fellowship is at a mountain or underground site).

Yes! GP Dwarves really need an event like this. I’d cap it at +5 or +6, however, or raise the cost to 2. The latter might be better, actually. It’s SLIGHTLY unclear whether the damage accumulates (which I assume it doesn’t)...perhaps say "...you can spot. Then, if the fellowship is at a mountain or underground site, make that Dwarf damage +1." Kinda wordy, yes, but much clearer.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, add a Dwarven token here for each Elf you can spot.
Skirmish: Remove a Dwarven token from here to make a minion skirmishing an Elf strength -1.
”’It is long indeed since we saw one of Durin’s folk in Caras Galadhon. But today we have broken our long law.’”

One sticking point...it needs to require spotting at least one Dwarf to play. Otherwise, as written right now, you can just throw this into your favorite Elven deck without needing any other Dwarven cards around. Not good.

I think I’d make it spot 2 (maybe even 3?) Dwarves, or make it unique and spot just one Dwarf. Thumbs Up
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:39 pm
I entirely agree with DI!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:32 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

2 Seek My Own Land Dwarven
Event • Skirmish
Make a Dwarf strength +1 for each other Dwarf you can spot. Then, if the fellowship is at a mountain or underground site, make that Dwarf damage +1.
cool!

Condition • Support Area
Skirmish: Spot a Dwarf and remove a Dwarven token from here to make a minion skirmishing an Elf strength -1.

maybe or strength minus two if that elf is legolas
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:41 am
Both look good!
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:59 am
1 Axe of Moria Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may reinforce a Dwarven token or draw a card.
”’…messages reported that Moria had been entered….’”

2 Axe of the Lonely Mountain Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf. While you can spot a Dwarven artifact, this possession’s twilight cost is -1.
At the start of the assignment phase, you may add 2 threats to make bearer strength +1 for each wounded character you can spot.
”’…the hearts of the Dwarves of the Lonely Mountain were troubled.’”
Last edited by Anonymous Prodigy on Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:55 pm; edited 2 times in totalI had to put something here.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards