LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:16 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
1 Axe of Moria Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may reinforce a Dwarven token or draw a card.
”’…messages reported that Moria had been entered….’”

Since there’s not much I can really say about this card, I will instead comment on the lore. Laughing I really appreciate how you make sure to do quotes the same as Decipher’s cards, as most people don’t bother. However, I’ve noticed that the first set of quotation marks always seems to be backwards. Is there some flaw in whatever program you use to create the cards? It’s always glaring to me since I’m so interested in lore. Razz

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
2 Axe of the Lonely Mountain Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf. While you can spot a Dwarven artifact, this possession’s twilight cost is -1.
Skirmish: Add a burden to make bearer strength +1 for each wound on bearer (limit +3).
”’…the hearts of the Dwarves of the Lonely Mountain were troubled.’”

I like this one, as it encourages use of Dwarves WITHOUT a Gimli RB, methinks...something that seems lost on most players today. "Dwarves without Gimli BoG? Inconceivable!" Razz
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:24 am
Hey i have a dwarf card stacking deck with frodo as RB! Its not a taboo!

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
1 Axe of Moria Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may reinforce a Dwarven token or draw a card.

Nice, tad powerful with its versatility for such a standard weapon but fine.

Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf. While you can spot a Dwarven artifact, this possession’s twilight cost is -1.
Skirmish: Add a burden to make bearer strength +1 for each wound on bearer (limit +3).

Fair enough.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:39 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
1 Axe of Moria Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
cool!

Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2

works for me
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:14 pm
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
1 Axe of Moria Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf.

I agree with lem0n on this one.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2

Take out the limit and let it be abused by Gimli, Counter of Foes. There’s no Dwarf with more than 4 standard vitality, and while there are loads of vitality bonuses, people don’t use them enough and they deserve to be given a better chance at playability. Also, adding a burden is a very weird cost for a Dwarven card or ability, so, unless you’re planning on making a theme out of it, I’d stick to the usual Dwarven costs so 2 threats, an exertion on another Dwarf perhaps etc.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:37 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
1 Axe of Moria Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf.

Since there’s not much I can really say about this card, I will instead comment on the lore. Laughing I really appreciate how you make sure to do quotes the same as Decipher’s cards, as most people don’t bother. However, I’ve noticed that the first set of quotation marks always seems to be backwards. Is there some flaw in whatever program you use to create the cards? It’s always glaring to me since I’m so interested in lore. Razz

Bah. Just noticed that myself. I use Microsoft Word... I’ll see if I can fix it. Thumbs Up
Thranduil wrote:
Take out the limit and let it be abused by Gimli, Counter of Foes. There’s no Dwarf with more than 4 standard vitality, and while there are loads of vitality bonuses, people don’t use them enough and they deserve to be given a better chance at playability. Also, adding a burden is a very weird cost for a Dwarven card or ability, so, unless you’re planning on making a theme out of it, I’d stick to the usual Dwarven costs so 2 threats, an exertion on another Dwarf perhaps etc.

Even better; not only did I change it to a threat, but I turned it into a nifty (I hope Razz) start-of-assignment ability. Smile
I had to put something here.
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:31 pm
Make it 2 threats or it’s as broken as hell!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:07 am
Wow... 8 days since the last batch of cards. Sad Been a bit busy this week, but here’s the next group of cards: an artifact, a companion, and a condition! Smile

0Ring of Wisdom Dwarven
Artifact • Ring
Vitality +1
Bearer must be a Dwarf. Bearer is damage +1.
Skirmish: Discard this artifact to make bearer strength +1 for each Dwarven card in your hand.
”’Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone….’”

3Dáin Ironfoot, Lord of the Lonely Mountain Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 7
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 6
Muster. The twilight cost of each Shadow condition is +1.
At the start of the maneuver phase, you may exert Dáin Ironfoot to play a Dwarven artifact from your draw deck or discard pile.
”’…I have been sent at last by Dáin….’”

4 Welcome and Well Met! Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Toil 1. To play, spot 2 Dwarves.
Each time the fellowship moves during the regroup phase, you may exert a Dwarf to wound a minion (and draw a card if you can spot a Dwarven token).
Fellowship: Discard this condition to heal a Dwarf and remove 3.
”’Glóin at your service,’ he said, and bowed still lower.’”
Last edited by Anonymous Prodigy on Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:43 am; edited 2 times in totalI had to put something here.
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:15 am
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

0 Ring of Wisdom Dwarven
Artifact • Ring
Vitality +1
Bearer must be a Dwarf. Bearer is damage +1.
Skirmish: Discard this artifact to make bearer strength +1 for each Dwarven card in your hand.
”’Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone….’”

Wow this is really good. The only vitality ring up til now doesnt make bearer damage +1. And this has an uber ability. Very good but maybe not worth changing.

3Dáin Ironfoot, Lord of the Lonely Mountain Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 7
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 6
Damage +1. Muster.
At the start of the maneuver phase, you may exert Dáin Ironfoot to play a Dwarven artifact from your draw deck or discard pile.
”’…I have been sent at last by Dáin….’”

Sound but DI should surely have a more useful ability than that or another 1.

4 Welcome and Well Met! Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Toil 1. To play, spot 2 Dwarves.
Each time the fellowship moves during the regroup phase, you may exert a Dwarf to exert a minion or draw a card.
Fellowship: Discard this condition to heal a Dwarf and remove 4.
”’Glóin at your service,’ he said, and bowed still lower.’”

Remove 2 or 3 id say not 4. Also exerting a dwarf for one exertion or one card aint that hot, make it a bit better.
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:21 am
Edited. Thanks! GP
I had to put something here.
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:53 am
Cooool nice changes.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards