LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:08 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

0 Ring of Wisdom Dwarven
Artifact • Ring
Vitality +1
Bearer must be a Dwarf. Bearer is damage +1.
Skirmish: Discard this artifact to make bearer strength +1 for each Dwarven card in your hand.
”’Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone….’”
not original lore at all...seriously can’t you find anything better then that? and right now to prove it you would have to reveal your hand,,,make it reveal your hand and +1 for each shadow card in it IMSO

3Dáin Ironfoot, Lord of the Lonely Mountain Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 7
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 6
Muster. The twilight cost of each Shadow condition is +1.
At the start of the maneuver phase, you may exert Dáin Ironfoot to play a Dwarven artifact from your draw deck or discard pile.
”’…I have been sent at last by Dáin….’”
coolio! start of each maneuver phase

4 Welcome and Well Met! Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Toil 1. To play, spot 2 Dwarves.
Each time the fellowship moves during the regroup phase, you may exert a Dwarf to wound a minion (and draw a card if you can spot a Dwarven token).
Fellowship: Discard this condition to heal a Dwarf and remove 3.
”’Glóin at your service,’ he said, and bowed still lower.’”

works
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:18 am
Thanks for the reviews, guys! Smile

1Steadfast Companion Dwarven
Condition
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
When you play this condition, you may reinforce a Free Peoples culture token. Response: If a companion of another culture is about to take a wound, you may exert bearer to prevent that.
”’Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens….’”

0Ring of Renown Dwarven
Artifact
Strength +1
Maneuver: Spot a minion to make that minion’s owner choose to either heal 2 Dwarves or prevent that minion from being assigned to skirmishes until the regroup phase. Discard this artifact.
”’Seven the Dwarf-kings possessed….’”
Last edited by Anonymous Prodigy on Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:40 am; edited 2 times in totalI had to put something here.
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:48 am
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

1 Steadfast Companion Dwarven
Condition
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
When you play this condition, you may reinforce a Free Peoples culture token. Response: If a companion of another culture is about to take a wound, you may exert bearer to prevent that.

Cool. Could possibly cost 0. Might make it unique as well less 4 people have this and the shadow wont be able to direct a single wound!

0Ring of Renown Dwarven
Artifact
Strength +1
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Maneuver: Spot a minion and make that minion’s owner choose to either heal 2 Dwarves or make that minion unable to be assigned to a skirmish until the regroup phase. Discard this artifact.

Ermm novel and cool if slightly awkward wording.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:31 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
1 Steadfast Companion Dwarven
Condition
Bearer must be a Dwarf.

I think I’d either make it unique or raise the cost to 2.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
0Ring of Renown Dwarven
Artifact
Strength +1
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Maneuver: Spot a minion and make that minion’s owner choose to either heal 2 Dwarves or make that minion unable to be assigned to a skirmish until the regroup phase. Discard this artifact.

I think it would be okay to give it a damage bonus, like most other Dwarven rings.

Oh, and your quotes are backwards again. Razz Also, your program seems to be doing that very annoying "…" thing instead of "...". See the glaring difference?
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:48 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Oh, and your quotes are backwards again. Razz Also, your program seems to be doing that very annoying "…" thing instead of "...". See the glaring difference?

Yep, I’ll have to fiddle with those. Cards edited. Thumbs Up
I had to put something here.
menace64
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:59 am
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Condition
Bearer must be a Dwarf.

Boring title! It’s lost amid a torrent of Faithful Companion, Steadfast Champion, Steadfast Friend, and about a million other vanilla-named cards. Jump over to dictionary.com and find yourself a sweet synonym for "Strong" and just use that.
It can just read "...reinforce a Free Peoples token."
Drop the "may" from the response ability; if you don’t, the ability is free to use.
This card would be too good if it wasn’t unique. Since it is, Thumbs Up.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

0Ring of Renown Dwarven
Artifact
Strength +1

There are two spaces between "or" and "make." FYI.
This one’s fine too. Right in line with the other Dwarven rings, methinks.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
AgentDrake
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:40 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

0Ring of Renown Dwarven
Artifact
Strength +1

Wording fix:

Maneuver: Spot a minion to make that minion’s owner choose to either heal 2 Dwarves or prevent that minion from being assigned to skirmishes until the regroup phase. Discard this artifact.

Nice!
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:02 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

Condition
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
first a gandalf one now a dwarven one. what next? elf? snazzy

0Ring of Renown Dwarven
Artifact
Strength +1

assigned to a skirmish by any player maybe? your wording might work though,
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:39 am
Thanks for the reviews, guys! Thumbs Up

2 Stout As Any Dwarf Dwarven
Event • Skirmish
Toil 1. Spot a Dwarf with a vitality of X to make another Dwarf strength +X.
"’...we are all too tired-except, no doubt, our sturdy dwarf.’"

2 Sturdiness of the Dwarves Dwarven
Event • Regroup
Spot 2 Dwarves to heal a Dwarf and draw a card (and wound a minion if the fellowship is in region 3).
"’...a Dwarf goes on, be the burden twice his own weight....’"
I had to put something here.
Thranduil
Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:41 pm
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
0Ring of Wisdom Dwarven
Artifact • Ring
Vitality +1
Skirmish: Discard this artifact to make bearer strength +1 for each Dwarven card in your hand.
”’Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone….’”

I agree with SoP that it should specify that you have to reveal your hand. As for the lore, Tolkien basically wrote nothing about the Seven, so this is about as good as any DC maker is going to get! However, I don’t think Wisdom is something that would have been gained from a Dwarven ring, so needs a more dwarven title like Vengeance or something about acquiring wealth.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
3Dáin Ironfoot, Lord of the Lonely Mountain Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 7
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 6
Muster. The twilight cost of each Shadow condition is +1.
At the start of the maneuver phase, you may exert Dáin Ironfoot to play a Dwarven artifact from your draw deck or discard pile.
”’…I have been sent at last by Dáin….’”

A seriously un-Dwarven ability. Is there really nothing else you could give him?

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
4 Welcome and Well Met! Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Toil 1. To play, spot 2 Dwarves.
Each time the fellowship moves during the regroup phase, you may exert a Dwarf to wound a minion (and draw a card if you can spot a Dwarven token).
Fellowship: Discard this condition to heal a Dwarf and remove 3.
”’Glóin at your service,’ he said, and bowed still lower.’”

Probably would work with Toil 2, but very interesting, though again healing and direct wounding are not normally strengths of the Dwarven culture.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Condition
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
When you play this condition, you may reinforce a Free Peoples culture token.
Response: If a companion of another culture is about to take a wound, you may exert bearer to prevent that.

Same note as menace - a thesaurus I think is in order - and he’s also dead right about the ’you may’ in the response ability: it’s NEVER needed in a response, because the option is already implied by the fact that it’s an action, and you can either choose to perform the action or not.

Other than that, it’s alright, but again not much to do with the Dwarven culture. If you made it cost 2 and slapped on a damage bonus (or alternatively replaced the reinforcing with a damage bonus), I would be a lot happier with it.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
0Ring of Renown Dwarven
Artifact
Strength +1

Renown is a reasonably Dwarfish quality, but again healing has little or nothing to do with Dwarves - it’s something they much prefer to leave to other people. I suggest removing threats or twilight instead, because dwarves add threats and like choking.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
2 Stout As Any Dwarf Dwarven
Event • Skirmish
Toil 1. Spot a Dwarf with a vitality of X to make another Dwarf strength +X.
"’...we are all too tired-except, no doubt, our sturdy dwarf.’"

Interesting, but it does sound like you’re saying all dwarves are fat! Razz

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
2 Sturdiness of the Dwarves Dwarven
Event • Regroup
Spot 2 Dwarves to heal a Dwarf and draw a card (and wound a minion if the fellowship is in region 3).
"’...a Dwarf goes on, be the burden twice his own weight....’"

The Dwarven culture really should not have this much healing. A card or two, fine, but basically every other card in this batch is healing someone. There’s far too much emphasis on something the dwarves are not, and should not, be good at.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards