LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » Open Magic: the Gathering Discussion
NBarden
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:52 pm
Flash/Hulk got even more broken with Lorwyn’s Flamekin Bladewhirl, Goldmeadow Stalwart, and all those other reveal to play cards.

Bah. 4 Dryad Arbor, 4 Goldmeadow Stalwart and 2 Flamekin Bladewhirl all nabbed with two cards and 1Blue.

Let’s not mention 4 Crimson Kobolds, 4 Crookshank Kobolds, 4 Kobolds of Kher Keep, 4 Phyrexian Walker, 4 Ornithopter and 4 Shield Sphere.

"I play 34 creatures from my library for 1Blue..."

I decided to try my hand at some sort of Protean Hulk deck.
Last edited by NBarden on Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:59 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Except if that’s what you expect to win the game with, you’re toast. No. They usually go after the Sliver that gives haste and 4 Virulent Sliver, to win right away. Some versions still use the older way, though (and some newer include them in the sideboard), of getting Carrion Feeder, Karmic Guide and Kiki-Juki, Mirror Breaker. And the first versions, the ones that won on turn 0, did so by fetching Disciple of the Vault. NBarden, Hulk-Flash is a combo deck, and the very definition of those is: "go off and win, or die trying", so it’s no use getting all those creatures you mentioned when a single "free" Massacre ruins your strategy.
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:06 pm
Kobolds + Coat of Arms?

+15/+15 for each creature as soon as you get Coat of Arms out.

That is a pretty cool combo, though. Disciple of the Vault x 4 + Phyrexian Marauder and Shifting Wall, hit play get sent to graveyard, -32 life.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Lurkerburger
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:14 pm
yeah + gaea’s gradle to pull it out on first round. Or or ...mountain Arrow raging goblin Arrow lotuspetal Arrow black ritual Arrow black ritual Arrow hatred Very Happy turn one kill... needs only 6 cards can’t suck
O.o
veBu
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:20 pm
Lurkerburger wrote:
yeah + gaea’s gradle to pull it out on first round. Or or ...mountain Arrow raging goblin Arrow lotuspetal Arrow black ritual Arrow black ritual Arrow hatred Very Happy turn one kill... needs only 6 cards can’t suck

wohooo!!! good old Raging Goblin + Hatred combo Laughing GP
How many time that deck worked? Once? Laughing Laughing
veBu's LotR & Vs. System Trade Lists - CC References

Untamed Karhu - strongest in its breed.
Open when it's frosty cold and enjoy the full taste.
Karhu is a full-bodied beer. Cheers
Lurkerburger
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:32 pm
Actually i traded hatreds away before i made this deck Cool there is just decks that you should forget oh, memories .

And i tought that i had made somethin great with endless life combo Worthy Cause Arrow Shaman En-kor Arrow Daru spiritualist but then i hear that this japanise guy has made top8 with this combo :/ i wasn’t fast enough
O.o
NBarden
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:43 pm
Split?

You are a MtG mod, right F_M?

I’d like to continue the discussion...
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:14 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Done.
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:34 pm
Here’s my deck idea. Vintage

Flash x 4
Protean Hulk x 4
Black Lotus
Lotus Petal
Mox Emerald
Mox Jet
Mox Pearl
Mox Ruby
Mox Sapphire
Disciple of the Vault x 4
Phyrexian Marauder x 4
Shifting Wall x 4
Island x 29
Summoner’s Pact x 4

Pretty simple.

Needed for the combo, Flash, Protean Hulk/Summoner’s Pact, Mox something or Lotus something, and Island.

Flash a Protean Hulk on turn one and grab 4 Disciples. Then grab all your cheap-o artifact creatures and that’s -32 life on turn 1.
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:08 am
I was completely lost the first time I saw Full English Breakfast. Laughing Reminds me a little of the Refuge deck in LotR, it’s jam-packed with a bizarre assortment of creatures. The Timmy in me just loves trying to get Phage the Untouchable to work.

My current "core" has:

1 Cephalid Inkshrouder
1 Phage the Untouchable
1 Psychatog
1 Squee, Goblin Nabob
4 Volrath’s Shapeshifter
4 Survival of the Fittest

Get Survival and Shapeshifter down. Next turn, discard Inkshrouder so the Shapeshifter is unblockable and untargetable. Attack. Discard Phage FTW!

Alternatively discard a Flowstone Hellion, attack, pump 11 times, respond by discarding a Phyrexian Dreadnaught, and hope a 23/1 trample wins the day. But Phage is cooler.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » Open Magic: the Gathering Discussion