LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:28 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

3 Orc Prowler Sauron
Minion • Orc
Strength: 7
Vitality: 2
Site: 6
Tracker.
While the Ring-bearer wears The One Ring, this minion is strength +1 for each burden you can spot.
Even simple-minded Orcs seem able to sense the Ring’s pull.

Drop cost to 2. No reason for 3 as his ability will often not work (unless of course youre using the broken 4 x mfd combo! Very Happy)

2 Orc Skulker Sauron
Minion • Orc
Strength: 6
Vitality: 2
Tracker.
Skirmish: Exert this minion to make another Sauron or Wraith minion strength +2 (or +4 if the Ring-bearer wears The One Ring).
The sheer number of the Dark Lord’s forces make them very dangerous.

Tsk tsk shame! We’ve had an orc skulker! Seems fine.

3Oppression of The Ring Sauron
Condition
Resistance -1
To play, exert 2 Sauron minions. Bearer must be the Ring-bearer.
Response: If a Sauron Orc kills a companion, add a burden (or 3 burdens if the Ring-bearer wears The One Ring). Discard this condition.
“The Ring that hung upon its chain about his neck grew heavy, heavier than a great stone, and his head was dragged downwards.”

I dont think i like being able to add a resistance -1 straight on the RB, cut that and this is fine. Then you could make it a support area condition or wherever you wanted.

1Spies of the South Sauron
Condition • Support Area
Response: If the Ring-bearer puts on The One Ring, exert a Sauron minion to make the Free Peoples player discard a card from hand for each burden you can spot. Discard this condition.
“‘They will know all the news now, for they have visited Bill Ferny; and probably that Southerner was a spy as well.’”

Hmmm dunno what i think of this DI, i think its too easy with mad for desire not being unique and burden of responsibility. The ring could go on at any turn. This will decimate the freeps hand and theres nothing they can do if theyre playing a race with no condition removal. mind you they get the choice so its not so bad. Meh im on the fence.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:15 am
I think Spies of the South is fine as a unique and condition with limited usefulness. But, I do agree that Oppression of the Ring should probably be a support area condition, though you definitely need some more conditions borne by companions to go with Mad With Desire.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:20 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Made a couple tweaks. Thanks, boys! Thumbs Up

I should probably save this next one for a while, but I just can’t wait to reveal it, so here we go! Very Happy Enjoy!

6Sauron, The Enemy Sauron
Minion • Maia
Strength: 5
Vitality: 5
Twilight. Sauron may not take wounds and may not be assigned to a skirmish.
When you play Sauron, you may add [X], where X is the current region number.
Each time the Ring-bearer puts on The One Ring, you may exert Sauron to add a burden (or 2 burdens if the fellowship is at a battleground).
Skirmish: Exert Sauron twice to heal another Sauron or Wraith minion.
“‘There is no life in the void...only death....’”

Alternatively, I originally made him as a follower. I think the minion version works better, but you tell me....

4Sauron, The Enemy Sauron
Follower
Strength +2
Vitality +1
Aid – 5.
Each time you transfer Sauron to a minion, except a Sauron or Wraith minion, exhaust bearer.
When you transfer Sauron, you may add [X], where X is the current region number.
Each time the Ring-bearer puts on The One Ring, you may exert bearer to add a burden (or 2 burdens if the fellowship is at a battleground).
Response: If bearer is killed, you may remove [X] to transfer Sauron to your support area.
“And suddenly he felt the Eye....A fierce eager will was there.”
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:21 pm; edited 3 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:49 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:

5Sauron, The Enemy Sauron
Minion • Maia
Sauron’s twilight cost is -X, where X is the current region number.
Each time the Ring-bearer puts on The One Ring, you may exert Sauron to add a burden (or 2 burdens if the fellowship is at a battleground).
Skirmish: Exert Sauron twice to heal a Sauron or Wraith minion (or exert Sauron only once if that minion is a tracker or hunter).
uhhh no. subtitle should be formelss or something

Follower
Strength +2
Vitality +1
Aid – (4-[X]).
X is the current region number.
Each time you transfer Sauron to a minion, except a Sauron or Wraith minion, exhaust bearer.
Each time the Ring-bearer puts on The One Ring, you may exert bearer to add a burden (or 2 burdens if the fellowship is at a battleground).
Response: If bearer is killed, you may remove [X] to transfer Sauron to your support area.

algebra!!! funnnnn WinkI ,personally like the follower better.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:04 pm
He’s gonna work better as a minion, so that’s the one I’ll review.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Minion • Maia
Skirmish: Exert Sauron twice to heal a Sauron or Wraith minion (or exert Sauron only once if that minion is a tracker or hunter).

Wow. Waaaaay hard. Sorta appropriate for Sauron, though...

Cut the reduction. This guy is way to good to come out for 2.

So long as you don’t have a minion that simply exerts to add a burden under some condition, he’s... mostly fine.

Worried about over-poweredness with exert-to-wound minions. Thats 4 wounds from Sauron himself, plus the minion. Or make 4 exert-to-wound guys exert-to-wound-twice guys. Don’t know how to stop that, but it’s over the top, even for the Dark Lord.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:05 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Minion • Maia

I don’t like him much. A Sauron in his non-corporal form is an excellent idea, but he seems to fit a follower or maybe even condition better. That said, I have a version of The Necromancer in the White Council that does exactly the same thing you’ve done, ie. a Saruman-like Sauron. I think he’d be fine without the cost reduction and the skirmish action, because apart from anything he has far too much text. How about a maneuver action to replace the skirmish one that says: ’Maneuver: Exert Sauron to transfer a Shadow condition borne by a companion to another eligible companion’ or if you have some Blade Tip style conditions, add to that ’or transfer a Shadow condition from your support area to an eligible companion.’ I’m not sure he even needs another ability apart from the The One Ring one, but I think, as EL pointed out, yours is very overpowered.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Follower
Strength +2
Vitality +1
Aid – (4-[X]).

I think I’d prefer, rather than the X in his aid cost, ’When Sauron is transferred, you may add [X] where X is the current region number. Slightly different I know, but at least it doesn’t bog us down in mathematics. I’m happier with this one than the one above, though either could work.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
What do you think?

Now that’s a dangerous question. I think you may have to ask first: ’Do I think?’ Razz

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:30 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Minion • Maia

Erm hes ok, i disgaree with el and Thran though. This guy should be the most powerful minion out there so id be less quick to shout OP than normal. However i do think cutting the parenthesis would help and tie in a bit with what el said about the exert to wound guys. After that hes perfectly reasonable.

Follower
Strength +2
Vitality +1
Aid – (4-[X]).

Great but id up the aid to 5-x or even 6.

What do you think?
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:26 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Okay, I tweaked both Saurons after those helpful reviews. Thumbs Up Not sure which one I’ll end up keeping, but I’m inclined to go with the minion version, as I’ve ALWAYS wanted to do a twilight Sauron. We’ll see, though. I might just make some major tweaks to the follower version and keep both. Very Happy

Here are a couple more Sauron conditions that play on companions...including the return of an old favorite I simply couldn’t leave out. Mr. Green Enjoy!

1 Desperate Defense of the Ring Sauron (reprint)
Condition
To play, exert a Sauron Orc. Bearer must be a companion.
Each time bearer is assigned to a skirmish, the Free Peoples player must discard 3 cards from hand or add a burden.
The Company must defend the Ring at all costs.

1 Fear and Doubt Sauron
Condition • Support Area
Skirmish: Exert a Sauron minion (except an enduring minion) to transfer this condition from your support area to a companion skirmishing that minion. Limit 1 per bearer.
Each time bearer uses a special ability, add a burden.
At the start of the regroup phase, discard a Sauron card from play.
“Boromir sat muttering to himself, sometimes biting his nails, as if some restlessness or doubt consumed him....Then Pippin, who sat in the bow looking back, caught a queer gleam in his eye, as he peered forward gazing at Frodo.”

1 Gleam of Madness Sauron
Condition
Resistance -1
To play, exert a Sauron minion. Bearer must be a companion (except the Ring-bearer). Limit 1 per bearer.
Each time bearer exerts (except from a non-Sauron Shadow card), the Free Peoples player must exert the Ring-bearer or add a burden.
At the start of each regroup phase, return this condition to your hand.
“‘For I am too strong for you, halfling,’ he cried; and suddenly he sprang over the stone and leaped at Frodo. His fair and pleasant face was hideously changed; a raging fire was in his eyes.”
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:53 pm; edited 5 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:45 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:

0 Fear and Doubt Sauron
Condition • Support Area
Skirmish: Exert a Sauron minion (except an enduring minion) to transfer this condition from your support area to a companion skirmishing that minion. Limit 1 per bearer.
“Boromir sat muttering to himself, sometimes biting his nails, as if some restlessness or doubt consumed him....Then Pippin, who sat in the bow looking back, caught a queer gleam in his eye, as he peered forward gazing at Frodo.”
make it cost 1 IMHO

0 Gleam of Madness Sauron
Condition
To play, exert a Sauron minion (except an enduring minion). Bearer must be a companion. Limit 1 per bearer.
Each time bearer exerts, the Free Peoples player must exert the Ring-bearer or add a burden.
At the start of each regroup phase, discard a Sauron card from play.
“‘For I am too strong for you, halfling,’ he cried; and suddenly he sprang over the stone and leaped at Frodo. His fair and pleasant face was hideously changed; a raging fire was in his eyes.”

I wikey
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:30 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Desperate Defense of the Ring Sauron (reprint)
Condition
To play, exert a Sauron Orc. Bearer must be a companion.
Each time bearer is assigned to a skirmish, the Free Peoples player must discard 3 cards from hand or add a burden.
The Company must defend the Ring at all costs.

BROKEN! Razz

DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Fear and Doubt Sauron
Condition • Support Area

Could easily be 0. Not only does it require an exertion to transfer, but the FP player can easily avoid its consequences by removing burdens or simply not using special abilities.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
0 Gleam of Madness Sauron
Condition
To play, exert a Sauron minion (except an enduring minion). Bearer must be a companion. Limit 1 per bearer.
Each time bearer exerts, the Free Peoples player must exert the Ring-bearer or add a burden.
At the start of each regroup phase, discard a Sauron card from play.

This I like. Maybe make it 1 with a -1 resistance thing. Oh, and should probably not be borne by the Ring-bearer, lest they have to exert twice.

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards