LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:07 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Took your suggestions, Thran. Thumbs Up

Anyone else?
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
menace64
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:52 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
0 Fear and Doubt Sauron
Condition • Support Area
Skirmish: Exert a Sauron minion (except an enduring minion) to transfer this condition from your support area to a companion skirmishing that minion. Limit 1 per bearer.
Each time bearer uses a special ability, add a burden.
“Boromir sat muttering to himself, sometimes biting his nails, as if some restlessness or doubt consumed him....Then Pippin, who sat in the bow looking back, caught a queer gleam in his eye, as he peered forward gazing at Frodo.”

The problem with making so many of these cards is that it’s possible to win using them.

Wait. That makes no sense. But, for this card, I would say make it cost 2 to play. Seriously... this can corrupt pretty fast in tangent with other copies.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Gleam of Madness Sauron
Condition
Resistance -1
To play, exert a Sauron minion (except an enduring minion). Bearer must be a companion (except the Ring-bearer). Limit 1 per bearer.
Each time bearer exerts, the Free Peoples player must exert the Ring-bearer or add a burden.
At the start of each regroup phase, discard a Sauron card from play.
“‘For I am too strong for you, halfling,’ he cried; and suddenly he sprang over the stone and leaped at Frodo. His fair and pleasant face was hideously changed; a raging fire was in his eyes.”

This is too good, I think. The cost, exertion, and regroup penalty don’t really hurt too badly when the payoff is powerful as it is. I would say, instead of the regroup penalty you have, bounce the condition back to your hand. Not only would that represent the ’temporary’ change in Boromir’s heart, but it would make you pay for it each time you wanted to use it.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:53 am
Menace has got this down cold. Both cards he’s right imho. Particularly the second, its non unique and bouncing would stop you abusing this to death, i would veto this card without m64s suggestion as you already know im not liking the look of the OP-ness to this burden theme. I feel the power is snowballing so much youre gonna burden out by site 5 at least. Old style corruption was pretty darn good with just 2 burden adding conditions here youve already given about 4 awesome non unique burden addding conditions and thats without minions that might do as well. Im started to get scared. Youre 4 best fighters are going to be able to use no special abilites or exert or get inot a fight less then get 2 burdens each and the ring bearer wearing the one ring. Im all for a super great mechanism combo but this is plainly just unstoppable for certain cultures or deck types i.e. those without MASS condition removal will be burdened. I see what m64 is getting at that these cards will make you win. Razz
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:04 am
Good points, I s’pose. Think Okay, I changed Gleam of Madness as recommended, and actually put its old drawback on Fear and Doubt to (hopefully) better balance it as well. Good now? Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down?

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:12 am
better cos theyre still good but balanced as you have to decide how many to play and keep using. I dont know whether you need to say at the start of each regroup, think its ok to just say at the start of the regroup phase.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
NBarden
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:13 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Made a couple tweaks. Thanks, boys! Thumbs Up

I should probably save this next one for a while, but I just can’t wait to reveal it, so here we go! Very Happy Enjoy!

6Sauron, The Enemy Sauron
Minion • Maia
Strength: 5
Vitality: 5
Site: 6
Twilight. Sauron may not take wounds and may not be assigned to a skirmish.
When you play Sauron, you may add [X], where X is the current region number.
Each time the Ring-bearer puts on The One Ring, you may exert Sauron to add a burden (or 2 burdens if the fellowship is at a battleground).
Skirmish: Exert Sauron twice to heal another Sauron or Wraith minion.
“‘There is no life in the void...only death....’”

Nice. Great synergy with the Twilight wraiths. Pity they stink...

Alternatively, I originally made him as a follower. I think the minion version works better, but you tell me....

4Sauron, The Enemy Sauron
Follower
Strength +2
Vitality +1
Aid – 5.
Each time you transfer Sauron to a minion, except a Sauron or Wraith minion, exhaust bearer.
When you transfer Sauron, you may add [X], where X is the current region number.
Each time the Ring-bearer puts on The One Ring, you may exert bearer to add a burden (or 2 burdens if the fellowship is at a battleground).
Response: If bearer is killed, you may remove [X] to transfer Sauron to your support area.
“And suddenly he felt the Eye....A fierce eager will was there.”

Deja vu. Auto-exhaust could get outta hand with enduring. Maybe, except a Sauron, Wraith or enduring minion. I see Enquea, TotO combos, and I like them.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Okay, I tweaked both Saurons after those helpful reviews. Thumbs Up Not sure which one I’ll end up keeping, but I’m inclined to go with the minion version, as I’ve ALWAYS wanted to do a twilight Sauron. We’ll see, though. I might just make some major tweaks to the follower version and keep both. Very Happy

Here are a couple more Sauron conditions that play on companions...including the return of an old favorite I simply couldn’t leave out. Mr. Green Enjoy!

1 Desperate Defense of the Ring Sauron (reprint)
Condition
To play, exert a Sauron Orc. Bearer must be a companion.
Each time bearer is assigned to a skirmish, the Free Peoples player must discard 3 cards from hand or add a burden.
The Company must defend the Ring at all costs.

Really, Dain, I didn’t think you’d stoop so low as to making overpowered cards like this. Its downright disgraceful.

1 Fear and Doubt Sauron
Condition • Support Area
Skirmish: Exert a Sauron minion (except an enduring minion) to transfer this condition from your support area to a companion skirmishing that minion. Limit 1 per bearer.
Each time bearer uses a special ability, add a burden.
At the start of the regroup phase, discard a Sauron card from play.
“Boromir sat muttering to himself, sometimes biting his nails, as if some restlessness or doubt consumed him....Then Pippin, who sat in the bow looking back, caught a queer gleam in his eye, as he peered forward gazing at Frodo.”

Whoa. I love it.

Condition
Resistance -1
To play, exert a Sauron minion (except an enduring minion). Bearer must be a companion (except the Ring-bearer). Limit 1 per bearer.
Each time bearer exerts, the Free Peoples player must exert the Ring-bearer or add a burden.
At the start of each regroup phase, return this condition to your hand.
“‘For I am too strong for you, halfling,’ he cried; and suddenly he sprang over the stone and leaped at Frodo. His fair and pleasant face was hideously changed; a raging fire was in his eyes.”

Whoa. I see Mumak Commander, GatS combos. And Rapid Reload. And it bounces back to hand to reuse over and over? Seriously, a Sauron/Men Corrupt/Archer of Harad auto-exhaust combo = AH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not to mention the synergy with Bloodthirsty. Not sure whether this card is a blast or OP.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:28 am
NBarden wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Condition
Resistance -1
At the start of each regroup phase, return this condition to your hand.

Whoa. I see Mumak Commander, GatS combos. And Rapid Reload. And it bounces back to hand to reuse over and over? Seriously, a Sauron/Men Corrupt/Archer of Harad auto-exhaust combo = AH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not to mention the synergy with Bloodthirsty. Not sure whether this card is a blast or OP.

Stupid Men minions. Evil or Very Mad

I think that would just be a necessary evil. I am only willing to nerf my cards to a degree to make up for Big D’s mistakes. If someone wanted to go with a Men/Sauron combo that way, I guess that’s just too bad for the opponent. It wouldn’t exactly be easy to pull off, and again, I refuse to limit myself ALL the time to cover Decipher’s blunders.

NBarden
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:38 am
BTW, Sauron’s broken with Frenzy of Arrows. No minions followers ever. Shame on you

*Waits to be slapped upside the head.*
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:49 am
NBarden wrote:
BTW, Sauron’s broken with Frenzy of Arrows. No minions followers ever. Shame on you

*Waits to be slapped upside the head.*

Fortunately, Frenzy of Arrows doesn’t work at all since there are no Orc archers. Wink

NBarden
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:50 am
lem0n made some. His DCs are all BROKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Razz

He made a follower AND an Orc archer. Shocked

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards