LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:14 pm
HAHA! Thats where youre wrong! I did make archers but i didnt make a follower! I hate shadow followers and wouldnt ever make one!

However i didnt finish my set so technically Dains ok!
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:26 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Fear and Doubt Sauron
Condition • Support Area
Skirmish: Exert a Sauron minion (except an enduring minion) to transfer this condition from your support area to a companion skirmishing that minion. Limit 1 per bearer.
Each time bearer uses a special ability, add a burden.
At the start of the regroup phase, discard a Sauron card from play.
“Boromir sat muttering to himself, sometimes biting his nails, as if some restlessness or doubt consumed him....Then Pippin, who sat in the bow looking back, caught a queer gleam in his eye, as he peered forward gazing at Frodo.”

I’d drop the cost to 0 and change the transfer requirement to spotting a Sauron minion instead. Thumbs Up

DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Gleam of Madness Sauron
Condition
Resistance -1
To play, exert a Sauron minion (except an enduring minion). Bearer must be a companion (except the Ring-bearer). Limit 1 per bearer.
Each time bearer exerts, the Free Peoples player must exert the Ring-bearer or add a burden.
At the start of each regroup phase, return this condition to your hand.
“‘For I am too strong for you, halfling,’ he cried; and suddenly he sprang over the stone and leaped at Frodo. His fair and pleasant face was hideously changed; a raging fire was in his eyes.”

Mumak Commander + This = FREAKIN’ AWESOME! Very Happy Probably too awesome, though, and much overpowered. I’d up the cost to 3 and make it unique. Thumbs Up
I had to put something here.
NBarden
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:43 pm
BTW, don’t say stupid Men. Let’s go to...

Desert Lord + Seasoned Leader, in the old skull days.

Other exert to exert dudes.

And looking at an old skull culture, your cards get broken. Unless you ban every companion exerting card out there, I’d say change the card.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:54 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Arrrrrrgh.

Fine. Card tweaked. Now it’s overly complicated. Happy now? Confused
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:49 pm
Well done. Thumbs Up
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:07 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Okay, good. Moving on then!

I think we have more than enough Sauron conditions played on companions at this point, as well as a goodly number of burdens going around. So now, let’s do something with them. Like this! Twisted Evil Enjoy!

1 Give It To Me! Sauron
Event • Regroup
Exert a Sauron minion to exert a companion bearing a Sauron condition. If that companion is exhausted, add a burden instead.
“‘If any mortals have claim to the Ring, it is the men of Númenor, and not Halflings. It is not yours save by unhappy chance. It might have been mine. It should be mine.’”

2 Taken By Madness Sauron
Event • Skirmish
Make a companion skirmishing a Sauron or Wraith minion strength -2 for each Sauron condition borne by that companion.
“‘Miserable trickster! Let me get my hands on you! Now I see your mind. You will take the Ring to Sauron and sell us all....Curse you and all halflings to death and darkness!’”

2 Servants of The Enemy Sauron
Event • Skirmish
Toil 1.
Spot a Sauron condition to make a hunter Nazgûl or Sauron tracker strength +1 for each burden you can spot.
“‘And I should have killed you already without so much talk. If I was after the Ring, I could have it – NOW!’”
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:20 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Give It To Me! Sauron
Event • Regroup
Exert a Sauron minion to exert a companion bearing a Sauron condition. If that companion cannot exert, add a burden instead.
“‘If any mortals have claim to the Ring, it is the men of Númenor, and not Halflings. It is not yours save by unhappy chance. It might have been mine. It should be mine.’”

Neat. Smile

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Event • Skirmish
Make a companion skirmishing a Sauron or Wraith minion strength -2 for each Sauron condition borne by that companion.
“‘Miserable trickster! Let me get my hands on you! Now I see your mind. You will take the Ring to Sauron and sell us all....Curse you and all halflings to death and darkness!’”

Good. Thumbs Up

DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Servants of The Enemy Sauron
Event • Skirmish
Spot a Sauron condition to make a Nazgûl hunter or Sauron tracker strength +1 for each burden you can spot (limit +6).
“‘And I should have killed you already without so much talk. If I was after the Ring, I could have it – NOW!’”

I would raise the cost to 2. Smile
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:40 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:

1 Give It To Me! Sauron
Event • Regroup
Exert a Sauron minion to exert a companion bearing a Sauron condition. If that companion cannot exert, add a burden instead.
make it maneuver or regroup IMSO

Event • Skirmish
cut cost to 1 IMSO

Event • Skirmish
Spot a Sauron condition to make a hunter Nazgûl or Sauron tracker strength +1 for each burden you can spot (limit +6).

works
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:43 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Okay, good. Moving on then!

I think we have more than enough Sauron conditions played on companions at this point, as well as a goodly number of burdens going around. So now, let’s do something with them. Like this! Twisted Evil Enjoy!

1 Give It To Me! Sauron
Event • Regroup

Or add a burden if that companion is exhausted. I’d cut the spotting requirement altogether, its already culturally enforced by bearing a Sauron condition, and its not so powerful it merits any other spotting requirement, though you COULD have it simply spot a Sauron minion. Exert is to much.

Event • Skirmish

Love it.

Event • Skirmish
Spot a Sauron condition to make a hunter Nazgûl or Sauron tracker strength +1 for each burden you can spot (limit +6).

Or +2 if skirmishing a companion bearing 3 or more conditions?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:44 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Gleam of Madness Sauron
Condition
Resistance -1
To play, exert a Sauron minion. Bearer must be a companion (except the Ring-bearer). Limit 1 per bearer.
Each time bearer exerts (except from a non-Sauron Shadow card), the Free Peoples player must exert the Ring-bearer or add a burden.
At the start of each regroup phase, return this condition to your hand.
“‘For I am too strong for you, halfling,’ he cried; and suddenly he sprang over the stone and leaped at Frodo. His fair and pleasant face was hideously changed; a raging fire was in his eyes.”

Blech! This card makes me want to puke now! Confused There’s nothing in the universe that should call for putting such an annoying and complicated clarification on a card. If you’re forced to do it, then scrap it and start again. I really wouldn’t worry about Southrons or Mumak Commander - if people want to do it, then fine - it’ll be hilarious, and also tough to pull off. Either let it go, or make a new ability and be done with it.

Now that my rant on aesthetics in DCs is over, I can carry on with the reviews. Razz

DáinIronfoot wrote:
I think we have more than enough Sauron conditions played on companions at this point, as well as a goodly number of burdens going around.

I could go for another couple! Twisted Evil

DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Give It To Me! Sauron
Event • Regroup

’If that companion is exhausted’ is a better wording, but an awesome idea, but I think it should be a skirmish event and apply to companions skirmishing the minion instead of bearing conditions, or perhaps both. As a regroup event, it doesn’t need either the twilight or the exertion.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Event • Skirmish

’For each Shadow condition’ as, for a card like that, it should definitely include Wraith conditions.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Event • Skirmish

Take out the limit - who needs it? Razz Once you’ve got more than 6 burdens, you deserve the extra pump from this one event.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards