LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:57 pm
It’s quite funny: the last cards were so long ago, I don’t even remember reviewing them! Wink

DáinIronfoot wrote:
3 Morgul Raider Sauron
Minion • Orc
Strength: 9
Vitality: 3
Site: 6
Tracker.
When you play this minion, you may remove 1 to choose one: draw 2 cards, then discard a card from hand; or make the Free Peoples player draw a card, then discard 2 cards from hand.
The Orcs of Sauron were as focused on self-preservation as on the destruction of their enemy.
- WeyounsLastClone

Shame he hasn’t been around. I sent him a PM about my contest, and it never left my sent box. I do remember this card though. Very WLC.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
2 Morgul Pillager Sauron
Minion • Orc
Strength: 7
Vitality: 2
Tracker.
When you play this minion, you may remove 2 to make the Free Peoples player choose one: discard 2 cards from hand; discard 2 cards from the top of his or her draw deck; or discard 2 Free Peoples cards from play.
“‘Of course the Enemy has other servants, but they will have to journey all the way to the borders of Rivendell....’”

The three choices are not equal, but fair enough.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
4Morgul Marauder Sauron
Minion • Orc
Strength: 11
Tracker.
When you play this minion, you may remove 2 to make the Free Peoples player choose one: add a burden; or discard X cards from hand, where X is the number of other Sauron minions you can spot.
“‘Thus the Enemy knows now that the One is found, that it was long in the Shire; and since his servants have pursued it almost to our door, he soon will know, already he may know, even as I speak, that we have it here.’”

I think one of these guys needs to follow WLC’s route of either giving a good thing for you or a bad thing for the FP player. But whatever.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:04 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

3 Morgul Raider Sauron
Minion • Orc
Tracker.
When you play this minion, you may remove 1 to choose one: draw 2 cards, then discard a card from hand; or make the Free Peoples player draw a card, then discard 2 cards from hand.
The Orcs of Sauron were as focused on self-preservation as on the destruction of their enemy.

Fine.

2 Morgul Pillager Sauron
Minion • Orc
Strength: 7
Tracker.
When you play this minion, you may remove 2 to make the Free Peoples player choose one: discard 2 cards from hand; discard 2 cards from the top of his or her draw deck; or discard 2 Free Peoples cards from play.
“‘Of course the Enemy has other servants, but they will have to journey all the way to the borders of Rivendell....’”

Hmmm nasty but balanced i believe. Id hate facing this guy.

4Morgul Marauder Sauron
Minion • Orc
Strength: 11
Tracker.
When you play this minion, you may remove 2 to make the Free Peoples player choose one: add a burden; or discard X cards from hand, where X is the number of other Sauron minions you can spot.
“‘Thus the Enemy knows now that the One is found, that it was long in the Shire; and since his servants have pursued it almost to our door, he soon will know, already he may know, even as I speak, that we have it here.’”

That is horrendously painful. Cant decide whether it should be remove 3 or not.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:49 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I tweaked the Marauder so that it now must add 2 AND exert for its ability. That should make it better, yes?

I’ll think on Thran’s suggestion about sticking more to WLC’s card. I probably won’t change either of the two news ones I posted, but I may make one or two more that work more like WLC’s.

For now, though, it’s time to get to some non-Orc Sauron minions. In fact, not all of our minions over the next few postings will even be Sauron! Curious about what the heck I have in store? Read on...and enjoy! Smile

2Bill Ferny, Greedy Mischievous Bree-lander Sauron
Minion • Man
Strength: 4
Site: 2
When you play Bill Ferny, if you can spot another Sauron or Wraith card, you may exert him twice to reveal each player’s hand.
While the fellowship is at a dwelling or you can spot 4 burdens, the Free Peoples player may not assign Bill Ferny to a skirmish.
“‘He knows the land round here well enough, but...it is what he may tell others that I am afraid of.’”

2Bill Ferny, Wicked and Scornful Wraith
Minion • Man
To play, spot a Nazgûl (or 2 Wraith or Sauron Men).
Each time you play a Wraith condition, you may exert a Wraith Man or Nazgûl (except an enduring Nazgûl) to add 1.
Each time a burden is added, you may remove 1 to discard a card at random from the Free Peoples player’s hand.
“‘He has an evil name in the Bree-land, and queer folk call at his house. You must have noticed him among the company: a swarthy sneering fellow.’”

That’s right...Men!

I intend to put Ferny and his Bree-terrorizing and Shire-invading henchmen in the Men culture once we get back to them in my RotK set, but for now, I figured Sauron (and some Wraith) were more appropriate. After all, remember that the original Ferny was Wraith, and there are several old-OLD-school Sauron cards centered around the more suspicious Men of Bree.

The majority of the Men I’ll be posting over the next few updates will be Sauron, but as you can see, there will be some Wraith mixed in where appropriate.

Anyway, as for Ferny himself, I wanted each of these to have a "spying" ability, since that was Ferny’s primary function as an antagonist. What better way to spy in LOTR TCG than revealing cards from the opponent’s hand?
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:05 pm; edited 2 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:55 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Minion • Man
When you play Bill Ferny, if you can spot another Sauron or Wraith card, you may exert him twice to reveal each player’s hand.
While the fellowship is at a dwelling or you can spot 4 burdens, the Free Peoples player may not assign Bill Ferny to a skirmish.
“‘He knows the land round here well enough, but...it is what he may tell others that I am afraid of.’”

He does make more sense as a Wraith minion, but fair enough. He’s cool - I like.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Minion • Man
Each time you play a Wraith condition, you may exert a Wraith Man or Nazgûl (except an enduring Nazgûl) to remove 1.
Each time a burden is added, you may reveal a card at random from the Free Peoples player’s hand.
“‘He has an evil name in the Bree-land, and queer folk call at his house. You must have noticed him among the company: a swarthy sneering fellow.’”

Sorry, why would you want to remove 1? Do you mean ’add’? Seems alright. I think I’d probably remove the exertion of Nazgul or the exception for enduring Nazgul to clean up the card a little, but doesn’t matter hugely.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:00 pm
Thranduil wrote:
Sorry, why would you want to remove 1? Do you mean ’add’?

Whoops! Embarassed Uh...I blame it on...um...hey look, a giraffe!

*makes a run for it*
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:26 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Minion • Man
not useful at all compared to the others. make the first ability a players hand IMSO

Minion • Man
Each time you play a Wraith condition, you may exert a Wraith Man or Nazgûl (except an enduring Nazgûl) to add 1.
Each time a burden is added, you may reveal a card at random from the Free Peoples player’s hand.
I would make it discard a card at random

?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:48 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
I tweaked the Marauder so that it now must add 2 AND exert for its ability. That should make it better, yes?

I’ll think on Thran’s suggestion about sticking more to WLC’s card. I probably won’t change either of the two news ones I posted, but I may make one or two more that work more like WLC’s.

For now, though, it’s time to get to some non-Orc Sauron minions. In fact, not all of our minions over the next few postings will even be Sauron! Curious about what the heck I have in store? Read on...and enjoy! Smile

Minion • Man

w00t! Let all cultures gain the benefit of the great mister Ferny.

Minion • Man

Discard at random would pwn. Otherwise, not that useful.[/b]

That’s right...Men!

I intend to put Ferny and his Bree-terrorizing and Shire-invading henchmen in the Men culture once we get back to them in my RotK set, but for now, I figured Sauron (and some Wraith) were more appropriate. After all, remember that the original Ferny was Wraith, and there are several old-OLD-school Sauron cards centered around the more suspicious Men of Bree.

The majority of the Men I’ll be posting over the next few updates will be Sauron, but as you can see, there will be some Wraith mixed in where appropriate.

Anyway, as for Ferny himself, I wanted each of these to have a "spying" ability, since that was Ferny’s primary function as an antagonist. What better way to spy in LOTR TCG than revealing cards from the opponent’s hand?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:53 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Thranduil wrote:
Sorry, why would you want to remove 1? Do you mean ’add’?

Whoops! Embarassed Uh...I blame it on...um...hey look, a giraffe!

*makes a run for it*

Hahahaha GP for hilarity! Im just picturing a dwarf turning and legging it whilst Thran is distracted! Brilliant.

DáinIronfoot wrote:

Minion • Man

Mischievous sounds sort of cheeky like Pippin or something, not really a good word. Id say burdens AND dwelling.

Minion • Man
Each time a burden is added, you may remove 1 to discard a card at random from the Free Peoples player’s hand.

Not very useful DI, wouldnt use him ever let alone over the other fernys.

"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:48 am
The second Bill may not look incredible compared to other versions, but consider the combo he makes with the Wraith version of today’s minion. Twisted Evil

4Squint-eyed Southerner, Ill-Favoured Fellow Dunland
Minion • Man
When you play Squint-eyed Southerner, you may name one: Isengard, Sauron, Wraith; he gains that culture until the end of the turn.
Each Man of Squint-eyed Southerner’s culture is strength +1.
Shadow: Exert Squint-eyed Southerner to reveal X cards from the top of the Free Peoples player’s draw deck, where X is the number of Isengard, Sauron, and Wraith minions you can spot.
“‘If room isn’t found for them, they’ll find it for themselves. They’ve a right to live, same as other folk.’”

I think it’s absolute lunacy that Big D made this guy (and Harry Goatleaf) NON-unique minions. What the heck?!

However, I am not completely abandoning their poor interpritation. Their Men SeS, like most of their later Men minions, focused on strength boosting. This one gives a small nod to that, and it’s darn flexible, too! Obviously works very nicely with our new Wraith and Sauron Men, as well as forming a link to things to come in our next set: Dunland (which is where he’s from) and Isengard Men (who will be big again in the next set). His strength boost is arguably needed the most by those two, but weaker Sauron and Wraith Men can certainly use the help, too. And it makes those auto-assigning Fernys all the more dangerous! Twisted Evil

4Squint-eyed Southerner, Nobody’s Friend Wraith
Minion • Man
To play, spot a Nazgûl (or 2 Man minions).
When you play Squint-eyed Southerner, you may exert him to discard X cards at random from the Free Peoples player’s hand, where X is the number of other Wraith, Sauron, and Isengard Men you can spot.
Each time you play or transfer a Wraith condition onto a companion, you may exhaust a Wraith Man with at least 2 vitality to add a burden.
“In one of the windows he caught a glimpse of a sallow face with sly, slanting eyes; but it vanished at once.”

Speaking of Ferny, this version of SeS forms a lethal combo with our new Wraith Ferny. I’ll let you figure out how, though it likely won’t take you too long. Whistle

He also gives a little reverse-telepathy (as a nod to his spying prowess) and works pretty well with the Nazzies of this set, who, if you remember, got lots of new play-on-or-transfer-to-companion conditions to play with. Twisted Evil So while he’s probably best with Ferny, he can wreak plenty of havoc on his own, too.

P.S. - Okay, okay...technically, these probably don’t belong in my Sauron thread, but trust me when I say that most of the rest of the Men will be. I’m just setting things up. Honest! So sue me already! Razz
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:09 pm; edited 3 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:00 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:

4Squint-eyed Southerner, Ill-Favoured Fellow Dunland
Minion • Man
When you play Squint-eyed Southerner, you may name one: Isengard, Sauron, Wraith; he gains that culture until the end of the turn.
Each Man of Squint-eyed Southerner’s culture is strength +1.
“‘If room isn’t found for them, they’ll find it for themselves. They’ve a right to live, same as other folk.’”

Meh he’s ok.

4Squint-eyed Southerner, Nobody’s Friend Wraith
Minion • Man
To play, spot a Nazgûl (or 2 Man minions).
When you play Squint-eyed Southerner, you may exert him to reveal X cards from the top of the Free Peoples player’s draw deck, where X is the number of Wraith, Sauron, and Isengard minions you can spot.
Each time you play or transfer a Wraith condition onto a companion, you may exhaust a Wraith Man or Nazgûl (except an enduring Nazgûl) to add a burden.
“In one of the windows he caught a glimpse of a sallow face with sly, slanting eyes; but it vanished at once.”

Ok he doesnt form THAT good a combo. Play a condition add 1 exhaust a minion then use that 1 to discard a card from their hand? Not great still think that bill is lame-o. I think this card on its own is probably too OP. For a start its broken. A a minion that is already exhausted can be exhausted again by exerting 0 times. This is directly from the rules "To exhaust a character means to exert that character as many times as you can.". So you would only need 1 minion out to keep "exhausting it". But ignoring that its way too easier way to add burdens me thinks.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards