LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
AgentDrake
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:38 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Yeah, I felt bitter and cynical, so I started making a DC parody of people I know. Then it sorta snowballed.

The cultures are:

[Debatinators] Black (SH debaters)

[RS] Gondor (FP debaters. Stands for our team name, which is impossible to actually remember.)

[Ceres] Shire (FP coworkers)

[Chaos] Green (SH coworkers)

[Cobra] Cobra (CobraCards! FP and SH)

[Fantasy] Gandalf (My obsessive-compulsive writing; ie, followers of various characters from the stories I write, and a few real-world things which would be relevant)

[Fate] Ring (the inevitable progress of time, and things which really don’t fit into the other cultures.)

"AQ" in the lore means that the quote is an actual quote by/about the person/event/whatever depicted.

I’m the equivalent of RB, though there’s no actual equivalent of the ring. It’ll just be worked into my own text.

A few random ones to open up the set, including the first version of myself, and the first minion version of NBarden:

0 AgentDrake, The One With the Hat Shire
Companion - AD
Strength 6
Vitality 3
RingedResistance 10
The twilight cost of each Shire possession played on AgentDrake is -1.
Response: If AgentDrake is about to take a wound in a skirmish, you may add a burden instead.
"’He’s the one over there. With the hat....’" (AQ)

^Just for the record, I happen to like my "Mexico Hat." Keeps the sun off.... (It’s just a generic leather hat, not some sorta sombrero, or something, but somehow, it seems to have doubled my reputation at work as the eccentric....)

5 NBarden, Morals Moocher Black
Minion – Debater
Strength 12
Vitality 4
Site 5
Corrupted. (This minion may be played regardless of unique Free Peoples cards.)Muster.
Each time this minion wins a skirmish, you may discard an argument with three Black tokens on it to add a burden.
“‘Okay. I’m done. Objections?’” (AQ)

1 Smarter Than Thou Black
Condition – Support Area
Argument.
To play, exert a Debater minion.
At the end of each turn, if you can spot more Black conditions than Free Peoples conditions, you may place a Black token here.
While there are three tokens here, each of your debaters is strength +1.
Skirmish: Discard this condition to make a debater strength +1 for each token here.
“‘Debate is pretending you’re smarter than your opponent.’” (AQ)

4 *Mad Meredith, The Happy One Shire
Companion – Coworker
Strength 7
Vitality 5
Resistance 12
Muster.
At the start of the maneuver phase, you may exert Mad Mer and add a burden to draw a card.
Response: If a shadow card is about to add any number of burdens, you may exert Mad Mer and discard a Shire event from hand instead.
“‘Whee! Isn’t this exciting, guys?’” (AQ)

2 Mad Mer’s Clone Shire
Companion
Strength 5
Vitality 3
Resistance 10
To play, spot Mad Mer
At the start of each Fellowship phase, you may exert this companion and add a burden to take a Shire condition or event into hand from your discard pile.
“‘Same appearance, and same crazed cheerful expression. To be honest, it was a bit unnerving.’”(AQ)
Last edited by AgentDrake on Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:09 pm; edited 11 times in totalNever kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
Sam-Wise
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:36 pm
Sooooooo, what is this for?
My Greatest friend is Jesus Christ.
He's the source of all power.

X+3=8-2. {X=3}. I love little algebra problems!
macheteman
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:54 pm
dream cards.

good job, if i ever meet this mad mer, i give you my solemn, binding, and holy oath, that i will try my hardest not to laugh. but i can’t promise that i won’t...
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
AgentDrake
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:20 am
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Sam-Wise wrote:
Sooooooo, what is this for?

I posted the Mad Mer one a few days back with a poll, and apparently, people think that "Cynical DCs of real people are funny" so I’m throwing my "real-world parody" DCs all together into a set for the amusement of those who are amused by them.

mm: I’ll hold you to that promise.... Just wait ’till I get the minion version of her up....
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:58 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Hahahahaha...I loved the NBarden debater one. Do I get a debater version of myself?
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
NBarden
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:29 am
OMG! I can’t believe you remembered that quote.

That was when I was a little lacking in tact. Like...

"THE OTHER TEAM IS CHEATING!"

Yeah....okay, first year. Razz

I’d like to see a Caitlin one. Twisted Evil

BTW, the AD ring-bearer can be started as NOT the ring-bearer for 0, as worded now.

Oh, run some sorta Kritik condition for me. I love Kritiks. And use the "THE OTHER TEAM IS CHEATING!!!!"

I’m telling you, Dan just about killed me after that one...

Oh, and don’t forget the LotR Subtournaments at all of the debate tournaments. That’s actually how I got into LotR, matter of fact.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:46 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Kritiks are a must. Counterplans as well. Nuclear War Disadvantages...
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:12 pm
Heheh. Good stuff, Drake. GP
I had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:17 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Pretty amusing stuff. Razz

Don’t mind anyone making fun of your headwear. I have an official Indiana Jones fedora ("official" meaning from the Indiana Jones Store in Disneyworld Rolling Eyes) that I wore all through high school. (Not IN school, mind you, but mostly at marching band practices and such.) People mocked it at first...then they wanted to wear it. Then it became like the symbol of our band, to the point that I became known as "The Hat". Razz I eventually had to replace it because it simply wore out...and I special-ordered a new one from that same store in Disneyworld. I still have both, and in fact, wore the new one just yesterday to keep the snow off my face. Now it looks professional rather than silly since I wear it with my work clothes...just like they did back in the day when nearly EVERYONE wore fedoras. Smile

So, like I said, you wear that hat! And tell anyone that doesn’t like it to bugger off. They’re probably just jealous, anyway. Cool
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
NBarden
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:17 pm
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Kritiks are a must. Counterplans as well. Nuclear War Disadvantages...

Counterplans are to tricky to make work. But they’re a blast. If you can make them work.

And are you kidding? Every disadvantage should end with a communist takeover, nuclear war, and the extermination of the human race!

Actually, Chino-American nuclear D/As were pretty common last year (NATO res).
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards