LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
AgentDrake
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:59 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Okay. So now we get to the only reason I manage to survive my summer job with sanity intact. One must either learn to laugh, or go mad. Some people (Mad Mer) do both.

This is what helps me to laugh. They’re shadow cards this time trhough, but there’ll be FP versions of the Followers. (Hence, they are corrupted.) All three cards are based on actual incidents. All three quotes are exact. Well, except for the censoring. I happen to remember the first one because I have it typed into some word document.

2 *Ralph, Object of Terror Green
Follower – Rubber Rat
Strength +1
Corrupted (This follower may be played regardless of unique Free Peoples cards.)
Aid – Remove a Green token.
Bearer must be a minion.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may reinforce a token (or two tokens if that token is a Green token.)
“‘If you have never heard a military officer scream their lungs out in a combination of terror and disgust over what they believe to be a rat – a small, fuzzy, harmless little mammal – then you have no idea what the human voice is capable of.’” (AQ)

^My friend still has this rat.

2 *Howard, Object of Terror Green
Follower – Rubber Rat
Vitality +1
Corrupted (This follower may be played regardless of unique Free Peoples cards.)
Aid – Remove a Green token.
Bearer must be a minion.
Skirmish: Exert bearer to make another minions strength +X, where X is the number of rubber rats attached to characters.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may add a threat.
“‘Today? Today Howard makes his grand debut!’” (AQ)

^ My brother still has this rat.

5 *Phobia Green
Condition – Support Area
To play, spot two Green cards in your support area.
Tokens on this condition may not be reinforced by other cards.
Shadow: Remove 2 and a Green token from your condition to place a Green token here.
Skirmish: Spot six tokens here and discard this condition to make a minion bearing a rubber rat strength +4 and damage +2. The Free Peoples player may discard his or her hand to prevent this.
“‘HOLY [censored]! I HATE RATS!!!’" (AQ)

^My cousin still has this absurd terror of all small fuzzy animals, including (but not limited to) mice, rabbits, rats, guinea pigs, moles, voles, weasels, etc. It also includes rubber rats, apparently.
Last edited by AgentDrake on Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in totalNever kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:57 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I WUV that lore on the first one.

GP
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AgentDrake
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:09 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Wow. Long time.

Let’s have some more fun stuff.
From my recent debate tournament:

3 Annihilating God Gondor
Event - Skirmish
Argument.
Exert AgentDrake and discard an argument to discard a minion skirmishing a companion.
"’Zoom out, until you get to absolute metaphysics. According to the Negative team’s logic, the only way to ’change’ anything is to annihilate God!’" (AQ)

^So they had this weird definition of change, and were basically arguing that in order to make a change, something had to be completely replaced, not altered. They also said that we weren’t changing anything because visa programs were already in place. (our case was changing visa limits, and a few other things.) Alright, so visas are already in place. We’ll replace Immigration law entirely. But wait... law is already in place. Well replace society entirely... wait, humans already exist... zoom out, zoom out, zoom out, hence the lore.

2 *1AR High Gondor
Condition
Strength +2
Vitality +1
Resistance -2
Bearer must be AgentDrake or a Debater companion.
Bearer gains enduring.
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, wound him or her or discard this condition.
I love having a short little five-minute speech to respond to thirteen minutes of Negative Team drivel.

^Heh. I learned just how fast I could talk. It’s amazing what the human voice is capable of.

1 It Happened Again? Gondor
Event - Response
If a Debater companion wins a skirmish, choose one: reinforce X Gondor tokens, where X is the number of debater companions you can spot or remove two burdens.
"’We won? Again? That’s weird.’"

^No comment, because it would sound sarcastic. Rolling Eyes

1 *It’s Posting Time Gondor
Condition
Resistance +1
Song.
To play, Exert Nate Eagleson.
Assignment: Discard this condition and assign a minion to skirmish bearer to heal bearer.
"’So gather up your jackets; / You don’t have time for lunch; / It’s posting time!’"

^Based on a song that one of the graduated debaters sang with his guitar as we sat around reminiscing about ’the good ol’ days.’
’Song’ is unloaded, and will actually be relevant once I get back to some of my summer job stuff.

0 Frozen Wasteland Black
Condition - Support Area
Weather.
To play, spot three debaters.
Response: If the Company moves, discard a card from hand to add 2.
"’On the other hand, maybe the freezing cold air will help invigorate us.... Or maybe not.

^The tournament was in two different buildings. My partner and I almost decided to walk to block to the other building. Fortunately, we didn’t, and we didn’t die of frostbite.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
NBarden
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:59 pm
BTW, what AD’s partner said about their case (and I quote from facebook).

"I don’t like my case either. I just thought it’d be funny as heck if we won w/a case that sucked..."

AgentDrake wrote:
Wow. Long time.

Let’s have some more fun stuff.
From my recent debate tournament:

3 Annihilating God Gondor
Event - Skirmish
Argument.
Exert AgentDrake and discard an argument to discard a minion skirmishing a companion.
"’Zoom out, until you get to absolute metaphysics. According to the Negative team’s logic, the only way to ’change’ anything is to annihilate God!’" (AQ)

I remember this. It was awesome.

^So they had this weird definition of change, and were basically arguing that in order to make a change, something had to be completely replaced, not altered. They also said that we weren’t changing anything because visa programs were already in place. (our case was changing visa limits, and a few other things.) Alright, so visas are already in place. We’ll replace Immigration law entirely. But wait... law is already in place. Well replace society entirely... wait, humans already exist... zoom out, zoom out, zoom out, hence the lore.

2 *1AR High Gondor
Condition
Strength +2
Vitality +1
Resistance -2
Bearer must be AgentDrake or a Debater companion.
Bearer gains enduring.
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, wound him or her or discard this condition.
I love having a short little five-minute speech to respond to thirteen minutes of Negative Team drivel.

Ick. I do the 1AR too, and I don’t like it.

^Heh. I learned just how fast I could talk. It’s amazing what the human voice is capable of.

1 It Happened Again? Gondor
Event - Response
If a Debater companion wins a skirmish, choose one: reinforce X Gondor tokens, where X is the number of debater companions you can spot or remove two burdens.
"’We won? Again? That’s weird.’"

Well...since all the region V titans left, the whole region is up for grabs.

^No comment, because it would sound sarcastic. Rolling Eyes

1 *It’s Posting Time Gondor
Condition
Resistance +1
Song.
To play, Exert Nate Eagleson.
Assignment: Discard this condition and assign a minion to skirmish bearer to heal bearer.
"’So gather up your jackets; / You don’t have time for lunch; / It’s posting time!’"

lol.

^Based on a song that one of the graduated debaters sang with his guitar as we sat around reminiscing about ’the good ol’ days.’
’Song’ is unloaded, and will actually be relevant once I get back to some of my summer job stuff.

0 Frozen Wasteland Black
Condition - Support Area
Weather.
To play, spot three debaters.
Response: If the Company moves, discard a card from hand to add 2.
"’On the other hand, maybe the freezing cold air will help invigorate us.... Or maybe not.

Yeah, it was a mess there. That’s funny.

^The tournament was in two different buildings. My partner and I almost decided to walk to block to the other building. Fortunately, we didn’t, and we didn’t die of frostbite.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
AgentDrake
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:11 pm
Oh, yeah, our case is terrible. It’s just that no-one realizes just how bad it is. Laughing They get all worked up because it isn’t in the sourcebooks, and everyone’s using those as crutches, now.

So apparently we’re brilliant researches... even though we haven’t actually done any research.

Just had to add this. I had an Out-of-Body experience last night. Sort of. I woke up and couldn’t, for the life of me, remember if I was one of the blankets, or the person under the blankets. Yeah, I was really tired. Laughing Rolling Eyes

3 Out of Body Experience Ring
Event - Regroup
Replace a companion (except AgentDrake) in play with a companion in hand or replace AgentDrake with another copy of AgentDrake from hand.
"’It was rather odd....’"
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
NBarden
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:37 pm
Scary....

AD, you seen your psychiatrist lately?

Anyways, yeah, your case is really bad, but you guys are pretty good. Everybody has a ton of research, Blue Book, Blue Book Advanced and Blue Book Midseason. Mr. Green

I’m in a research club, and like to think I have enough wit to argue something that’s not in the sourcebook. Seeing as how we killed sanctuary cities off the Blue Book alone (ah...the joys of theory debate. And fiat), I think I may be able to pull it off.

Nonetheless, we are neg this year 2-4. Razz Hopefully, that’ll change soon.

Our aff case has yet to lose, though.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards