LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:59 am
Thranduil wrote:

2 Soldier of Dol Guldur Orc
Minion • Orc
Str: 5
Vit: 2
Sit: 4
While you can spot 2 Wraith minions, this minion is strength +1 for each burden you can spot.
... grievous harm was done to the fair woods...
H3 C 107

Hmm either lower his strength to 4 or his vitality to 1 or up his cost to 3. He could get beasty.

3 Warrior of Dol Guldur Orc
Minion • Orc
Str: 12
To play, remove a burden.
Each time this minion wins a skirmish, you may spot a Wraith minion to add a burden.
’... [I] secretly explored his ways, and found thus that our fears were true...’
H3 C 109

Cooooool.

4 Watchman of Dol Guldur Orc
Minion • Orc
Str: 10
To play, spot a Wraith minion.
At that start of each skirmish involving this minion, you may transfer a Shadow card borne by a companion to an eligible character skirmishing this minion.
’... many years ago I myself dared to pass the doors of the Necromancer in Dol Guldur...’
H3 U 110

Nice, but whenever i see cards that says transfer to another bearer i always start thinking of fruit loops like the evil men thing. As long as there isnt abuse here its sound.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:55 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:
This has been inactive long enough, so let’s move onto some lovely Orcs:

2 Soldier of Dol Guldur Orc
Minion • Orc
Str: 5
While you can spot 2 Wraith minions, this minion is strength +1 for each burden you can spot.
... grievous harm was done to the fair woods...
H3 C 107
works

3 Warrior of Dol Guldur Orc
Minion • Orc
Str: 12
To play, remove a burden.
Each time this minion wins a skirmish, you may spot a Wraith minion to add a burden.
’... [I] secretly explored his ways, and found thus that our fears were true...’
H3 C 109
up cost to 4

4 Watchman of Dol Guldur Orc
Minion • Orc
Str: 10
To play, spot a Wraith minion.
At that start of each skirmish involving this minion, you may transfer a Shadow card borne by a companion to an eligible character skirmishing this minion.
’... many years ago I myself dared to pass the doors of the Necromancer in Dol Guldur...’
H3 U 110
this could cost 3.

Thranduil
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:29 pm
DI must have lost this thread somewhere. Oh well.

I think I’ll push on.

Remember my cycle of Orkish hosts? Well, here’s another:

7 • Host of Dol Guldur Orc
Minion • Orc
Str: 15
Vit: 3
When you play this minion, you may spot an Orc or Wraith minion to stack a random site from the Free Peoples player’s adventure deck here.
Skirmish: If this minion is skirmishing, discard a site stacked on it and exert it to add a burden.
Three times Lorien had been assailed from Dol Guldur...
H3 U 96

And now a card to go make this site-stacking not seem so out of place for the Wraith culture which lem0n probably won’t like, but never mind!

2 • Fortress of the Necromancer Wraith
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, you may spot a Wraith minion to stack a site on your Shadow card from your adventure deck.
Response: If a minion is about to take any number of wounds in a skirmish, discard a site stacked here to prevent those wounds.
Shadow: Discard a site stacked here to heal a minion.
H3 C 154

And I think this wraith got lost somewhere, so now it’s found again:

4 • Watcher of Dol Guldur Wraith
Minion • Wraith
Str: 9
Sit: 6
Enduring.
Each time a Locked companion loses a skirmish, you may add a burden.
H3 R 183

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:54 am; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:35 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
DI must have lost this thread somewhere. Oh well.

Oops. Embarassed Well, I don’t see anything I would say that wasn’t said already, so now I get to take the first crack at the new stuff (unless the spammer god beats me to it...wouldn’t be the first time Razz).

Thranduil wrote:
Minion • Orc
When you play this minion, you may spot an Orc or Wraith minion to stack a random site from the Free Peoples player’s adventure deck here.
Skirmish: If this minion is skirmishing, discard a site stacked on it and exert it to add a burden.
H3 U 96

Again with the site stacking. Lem0n’s gonna LOVE this. Rolling Eyes To be honest, I’m wishy-washy on the concept too...but this card seems fine.

Thranduil wrote:
2 Fortress of the Necromancer Wraith
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, you may spot a Wraith minion to stack a site on your Shadow card from your adventure deck.
Response: If a minion is about to take any number of wounds in a skirmish, discard a site stacked here to prevent those wounds.
H3 C 154

One potential problem: if, for some weird reason, you chose to stack the site on a card that didn’t have a way to discard it or return it to your deck, and you ran out of sites, what would happen?

Seems alright other than that, though. Thumbs Up MAYBE make it unique.

Thranduil wrote:
Minion • Wraith
Enduring.
H3 R 183

Interesting. Okay by me.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:39 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
One potential problem: if, for some weird reason, you chose to stack the site on a card that didn’t have a way to discard it or return it to your deck, and you ran out of sites, what would happen?

To clarify the rules for site stacking:

1) Discarded sites return to their owner’s adventure deck.

2) If a player is required to play a site but cannot, their first opponent may choose a stacked site and use that instead.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:43 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:

To clarify the rules for site stacking:

1) Discarded sites return to their owner’s adventure deck.

2) If a player is required to play a site but cannot, their first opponent may choose a stacked site and use that instead.

Remembered the first one, but either forgot or didn’t know the second one. Okay, then.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:54 am
Thranduil wrote:

Minion • Orc
H3 U 96

Gah. I cant say anything more than ive already said about making my feelings clear DI, Thran knows. Apart from the obvious, seems ok.

And now a card to go make this site-stacking not seem so out of place for the Wraith culture which lem0n probably won’t like, but never mind!

Then why make it? Im 1/3 of your reviews whether you like it or not! Very Happy

2 Fortress of the Necromancer Wraith
Condition • Support Area
H3 C 154

Evil or Very Mad *sigh* I dont like its non uniqueness cos its too easier a way to stack sites which seem to be far too useful for this to lack a •.

Minion • Wraith
Enduring.
H3 R 183

Coolio.

Thranduil
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:56 am
lem0nhead wrote:

Then why make it? Im 1/3 of your reviews whether you like it or not! Very Happy

Because there was no Wraith culture in the Battle of the Five Armies and site stacking is one of the major mechanics of this block (whether you like it or not! Very Happy). I think it’s good to have an alternate use for the site path - I’ve always thought so much more could have been made out of adventure decks.

Originally I had planned sites that go into your deck which you can then play from your hand but decided stacking makes a lot more sense.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:56 am
Thranduil wrote:

Originally I had planned sites that go into your deck which you can then play from your hand but decided stacking makes a lot more sense.

Thranduil

OMG. THAT makes your site stacking sound the best thing since sliced bread. Gees. Confused
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:24 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

Minion • Orc
H3 U 96
I guess.

2 • Fortress of the Necromancer Wraith
Condition • Support Area
H3 C 154
sound

Minion • Wraith
Enduring.
H3 R 183

needs lore. give freeps way to prevent.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards