LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:50 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
"(except the Ring-bearer)", as otherwise, this could be instant corruption.

I’m not so sure, because firstly you have to have a wounded Wraith and make them strength -2, and it’s the Free Peoples player’s choice who to assign. Convince me and I’ll happily change it.

Consider Enemy of Old changed.

Now for some more conditions, after which I think some Nazgul are in order Twisted Evil

2 • Terrors of Dol Guldur Wraith
Condition • Support
At the start of each skirmish involving a Wraith minion and a companion with resistance 2 or less, you may exert that minion.
Response: If a twilight minion wins a skirmish, discard this condition to add a burden.
H3 C 174

2 • Call of the Rings Wraith
Condition • Support Area
While the Ring-bearer wears The One Ring, each twilight minion is fierce.
Skirmish: Heal an enduring Nazgul to discard a ring artifact borne by a companion they are skirmishing. Discard this condition.
H3 R 155

And the first of a rare cycle of Shadow cards that put Locking and Unlocking into a whole new perspective:

1 • City of Evil Wraith
Condition • Support Area
At the start of the maneuver phase, the Free Peoples player may add a burden to Unlock this condition until the regroup phase.
Each Wraith minion is damage +1.
Locked: Each Wraith minion is vitality -1.
H3 R 144

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:14 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:

I’m not so sure, because firstly you have to have a wounded Wraith and make them strength -2, and it’s the Free Peoples player’s choice who to assign. Convince me and I’ll happily change it.

There are several ways to assign Nazgul (and other Wraith minions) to a specific companion, including the Ring-bearer...Return To Its Master, for example. It’s not much, but there ARE ways, and they would lead to very powerful (if not all-out broken) combos. It’s just safer to exclude the RB, I think.

Thranduil wrote:
Condition • Support
At the start of each skirmish involving a Wraith minion and a companion with resistance 3 or less, you may exert that minion.
Response: If a twilight minion wins a skirmish, discard this condition to add a burden.
H3 C 174

You forgot "Area". Razz Might want to toss in a little cultural enforcement so that non-Wraith twilight minions can’t use the second part so easily...but it’s not strictly necessary, I don’t think, since there are so few such minions.

Thranduil wrote:
Condition • Support Area
While the Ring-bearer wears The One Ring, each twilight minion is strength +1 and fierce.
Skirmish: Heal an enduring Nazgul to discard a ring artifact borne by a companion they are skirmishing. Discard this condition.
H3 R 155

YIKES! The old twilight Nazzies just got a BIG boost! Maybe too big...see what other reviewers say. I think you can drop "artifact", since I don’t know of any non-artifact rings.

Thranduil wrote:
1 • City of Evil Wraith
Condition • Support Area
At the start of the maneuver phase, the Free Peoples player may add a burden to Unlock this condition until the regroup phase.
Each Nazgul gains toil 1.
H3 R 144

I’m not sure I completely get it. Why would the FP player EVER want to unlock this? Wouldn’t they want to lock it instead?
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:26 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Thranduil wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:

There are several ways to assign Nazgul (and other Wraith minions) to a specific companion, including the Ring-bearer...Return To Its Master, for example. It’s not much, but there ARE ways, and they would lead to very powerful (if not all-out broken) combos. It’s just safer to exclude the RB, I think.

The same argument would apply to Blade Tip or Black Breath.

I may change it however.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
YIKES! The old twilight Nazzies just got a BIG boost! Maybe too big...see what other reviewers say. I think you can drop "artifact", since I don’t know of any non-artifact rings.

I just wanted to make it clear that I wasn’t talking about The One Ring given that it’s the subject of the first ability.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
I’m not sure I completely get it. Why would the FP player EVER want to unlock this? Wouldn’t they want to lock it instead?

You would want to Lock the first ability, but wouldn’t you want all enduring Wraith minions to be -1 vitality? If they manage to Lock the whole card, then good for them as the Unlocking trigger on the card itself would be unusable. But, if you can’t Lock it, you can give the Shadow player something they want to give you something you want.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:03 pm
Thranduil wrote:

Condition • Support
At the start of each skirmish involving a Wraith minion and a companion with resistance 3 or less, you may exert that minion.
H3 C 174

You missed the word area off. Awesome condition may need cost 3 though and id lower it to res 2.

Condition • Support Area
While the Ring-bearer wears The One Ring, each twilight minion is strength +1 and fierce.
H3 R 155

Sweeeeet. Although "and fierce" is nasty, id consider changing that to something else less evil.

1 • City of Evil Wraith
Condition • Support Area
H3 R 144

Perculiar but acceptable in terms of mechanism. Unfortunately i think its too nasty either the locked part needs to be harsher or the toil bit needs to be strength +1 or something similar. Toil is awesome even if they werent enduring.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:46 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

Condition • Support
H3 C 174
maybe each time it is assigned to a skirmish.

Condition • Support Area
H3 R 155
while, first of all NO DISCARDING ARTIFACTS!!!!! second of all, I see why this is necessary. limit it to dwarven rings and I will let you live. it makes more sense story wise that way annyways.

1 • City of Evil Wraith
Condition • Support Area
H3 R 144

very interesting. how does it get locked?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:14 pm
Changed each card. Any complaints, don’t hesitate to tell me.

Here’s some more twilight stuff, because we all love twilight minions!

1 Wraith-World Wraith (reprint)
Event • Skirmish
Spot a twilight Nazgul and the Ring-bearer wearing The One Ring to add 3 burdens.
H3 R 188

1 Weakening Resolve Wraith (semi-reprint)
Event • Assignment
Heal an enduring Wraith minion to exert the Ring-bearer. If that minion was a Nazgul and the Ring-bearer is then exhausted, he or she must wear The One Ring until the regroup phase.
H3 U 184

Now, there’s all this twilight stuff, but so far only 2 cards that make minions twilight (Dread Wraith and Terrible Wraith above), so how about we double that!

0 • Ring of Despair Wraith
Artifact • Ring
Str: +1
Bearer must be a Nazgul.
Bearer gains fierce and twilight.
Response: If a player reconciles, return bearer to your hand.
H3 C 161

0 • Ring of Shadow Wraith
Artifact • Ring
Vit: +1
Bearer must be a Nazgul.
Bearer gains terror 1 and twilight.
Response: If a player reconciles, return bearer to your hand.
H3 R 162

And while we’re on a very similar subject:

2 Winged Beast Wraith
Possession • Mount
Bearer must be a Nazgul.
Bearer gains winged and terror 1.
A creature of an older world, maybe it was, whose kind, lingering in forgotten mountains cold beneath the Moon, outstayed their day, and in hideous eyrie bred this last untimely brood, apt to evil.
H3 U 185

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:59 pm; edited 3 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Anvar
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:23 pm
Thranduil wrote:

0 • Ring of Twilight Wraith
Artifact • Ring
Bearer must be a Nazgul.
Regroup: If a player reconciles, return bearer to your hand.
H3 R 162

There must be a better name than this. Ring of Shadow, Ring of Torment, Ring of Pain...

And while we’re on a very similar subject:

2 Winged Beast Wraith
Possession • Mount
Str: +2
Bearer must be a Nazgul.
Bearer gains winged and terror 1.
A creature of an older world, maybe it was, whose kind, lingering in forgotten mountains cold beneath the Moon, outstayed their day, and in hideous eyrie bred this last untimely brood, apt to evil.
H3 U 185

This seems very powerful, especially for Dol Guldur. remember that the Wraith’s flying mounts weren’t revealed until the War of the Ring. A black steed might be a more appropriate mount for this set, though I see that it would lose the winged keyword.

Thranduil
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:26 pm
Anvar wrote:
There must be a better name than this. Ring of Shadow, Ring of Torment, Ring of Pain...

Point taken.

Anvar wrote:
This seems very powerful, especially for Dol Guldur. remember that the Wraith’s flying mounts weren’t revealed until the War of the Ring. A black steed might be a more appropriate mount for this set, though I see that it would lose the winged keyword.

Yes, but I wanted to make a winged fell-beast, and that’s hard to do if it’s a horse! Razz Also, remember that winged can actually be a disadvantage to enduring minions, because they can only take 1 wound per phase.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

AgentDrake
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:56 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Thranduil wrote:

0 • Ring of Despair Wraith
Artifact • Ring
Str: +1
Bearer must be a Nazgul.
Bearer gains fierce and twilight.
H3 C 161

0 • Ring of Shadow Wraith
Artifact • Ring
Bearer must be a Nazgul.
H3 R 162

Shouldn’t both of those be response actions, not regroup?

Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:55 pm
AgentDrake wrote:
Shouldn’t both of those be response actions, not regroup?

d'oh!

GP for spotting my careless (deliberate Wink ) mistake!

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards