LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:19 am
I’m having a serious rethink of this culture, as I’ve decided it’s pretty boring. These are some minions I just changed (and I added more lore texts last night, but since then my computer has crashed and naturally I lost all the information, so you’ll have to wait on those a while longer):

6 • Ulaire Enquea, Servant of the Necromancer Wraith
Minion • Nazgul
Str: 11
Vit: 4
Sit: 3
While the Ring-bearer is wounded, Ulaire Enquea is enduring.
While there are 2 wounds on the Ring-bearer, Ulaire Enquea is a lurker.
While there are 3 wounds on the Ring-bearer, Wraith minions cannot take wounds or be exerted (except in the shadow phase).
Out of the wreck rose the Black Rider, tall and threatening...
H3 R

3 Denizen of Dol Guldur Wraith
Minion • Wraith
Str: 7
Vit: 3
Sit: 6
Enduring.
Assignment:
Heal this minion to exert the Ring-bearer.
... a cry of hatred that stung the very ears like venom...
H3 U

4 • Castellan of Dol Guldur Wraith
Minion • Wraith
Str: 9
Enduring.
While the Ring-bearer wears The One Ring, Wraith minions cannot be healed by Free Peoples cards.
A power and mind of malice guided it.
H3 U

0 Black Wind Wraith
Event • Response
Weather.
If the Ring-bearer exerts during the assignment phase, spot a Wraith minion to add a burden.
H3 C

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:22 pm; edited 4 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:37 am
Thranduil wrote:

Minion • Nazgul
While there are 2 wounds on the Ring-bearer, Ulaire Enquea is fierce.
While there are 3 wounds on the Ring-bearer, Wraith minions cannot take wounds (except by Wraith cards).
H3 R

Isnt this just morgul orcs? Combining them with this card is lethal, if i ignore the combo of rotk block i think this is still quite good. Enduring and fierce could get too powerful but theyre ok, its the 3rd ability is my gripe.

Minion • Wraith
Enduring.
Assignment:
Assignment: Heal the Ring-bearer to exert this minion.
H3 U

Hmmm like i said this is just morgul orcs but he seems ok. Again if its this easy to exert the rb i think enquea is too good.

Minion • Wraith
Enduring.
While the Ring-bearer wears The One Ring, each Wraith minion cannot be healed by Free Peoples cards.
H3 U

What free peoples cards heal minions????

0 Black Wind Wraith
Event • Response
Weather. Spell.
If the Ring-bearer exerts during the assignment phase, spot a Wraith minion to add a burden.
H3 C

Fine.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:47 am
lem0nhead wrote:
Isnt this just morgul orcs?

It’s also twilight Nazgul with Resistance Becomes Unbearable and the semi-reprint from this set which heals enduring minions to do the same thing.

lem0nhead wrote:
Again if its this easy to exert the rb i think enquea is too good.

I was worried about that too. Any suggestions?

lem0nhead wrote:

A significant portion of the Elven culture throughout the block, including the White Council, at which this ability is mainly targetted.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:50 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
Minion • Nazgul
While there are 2 wounds on the Ring-bearer, Ulaire Enquea is fierce.
While there are 3 wounds on the Ring-bearer, Wraith minions cannot take wounds (except by Wraith cards).
H3 R

I agree with lem0n...that last one could get out of hand with Morcs or enduring guys. Granted, 3 wounds ain’t easy, but all the same.... I think I’d instead do one of two things:

- Make it a potential drawback by saying "...Wraith minions cannot take wounds or be exerted." Now YOU can’t abuse enduring, yet it’s still a stunner for the FP player.

- Make it "...cannot take wounds (except during skirmishes)." Gives the FP player more of a fighting chance.

Thranduil wrote:
Minion • Wraith
Enduring.
Assignment:
Assignment: Heal the Ring-bearer to exert this minion.
H3 U

My beef is that this can result in a potentially endless loop that all but breaks cards like Too Late, Determined Uruk, Demoralized, and probably a few other cards I’m forgetting. I like the overall idea, but being able to exert and heal a companion over and over like that in the same phase can only lead to problems.

Thranduil wrote:
Minion • Wraith
Enduring.
While the Ring-bearer wears The One Ring, each Wraith minion cannot be healed by Free Peoples cards.
H3 U

Probably better to word it "...Wraith minions cannot be...", but that’s a minor thing.

Thranduil wrote:
0 Black Wind Wraith
Event • Response
Weather. Spell.
H3 C

Yeah, non-Isengard weather cards are always cool. This one makes Denizen of Dol Guldur VERY dangerous. Maybe TOO dangerous...I’d up the cost to 1, at least.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:51 am
Thranduil wrote:
lem0nhead wrote:
Isnt this just morgul orcs?

It’s also twilight Nazgul with Resistance Becomes Unbearable and the semi-reprint from this set which heals enduring minions to do the same thing.

I suppose it was really, but not taking advantage of wounded rbs. Thats morgul orcs. Twilight did it to try and kill him not to keep the wounds on him.

lem0nhead wrote:
Again if its this easy to exert the rb i think enquea is too good.

I was worried about that too. Any suggestions?

Hmm maybe he can just be one of the awesome cards that everyone else wants from a set, maybe he is ok. If the rb isnt frodo theres a good chance u cant get 3 wounds on the rb. maybe change enduring to strength +2 or something? Never mind.

lem0nhead wrote:

A significant portion of the Elven culture throughout the block, including the White Council, at which this ability is mainly targetted.

Still think its not useful as i wouldnt make a deck expecting to face enduring minions but ok.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:54 am
lem0nhead wrote:
Still think its not useful as i wouldnt make a deck expecting to face enduring minions but ok.

No you wouldn’t, you’d make an archery deck that then heals the minions for other bonuses.

Oh and Dain, Demoralized is simply broken so I decided not to worry about it when I made this card for Lem0n’s anonymous contest.

Changed some of the cards. Good?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:58 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
They look much better now, yes. Thumbs Up
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:37 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

Minion • Nazgul
While there are 2 wounds on the Ring-bearer, Ulaire Enquea is a lurker.
While there are 3 wounds on the Ring-bearer, Wraith minions cannot take wounds or be exerted (except in the shadow phase).
H3 R
where is that lore from? maybe except by a shadow player.

Minion • Wraith
Enduring.
Assignment:
Assignment: Heal another enduring minion to exert this minion.
H3 U
so essentially the ringbearer almost automatically gets exhausted.

Minion • Wraith
Enduring.
While the Ring-bearer wears The One Ring, Wraith minions cannot be healed by Free Peoples cards.
H3 U
you’ve made freeps cards that heal...oh duh your elves. gotcha.

0 Black Wind Wraith
Event • Response
Weather. Spell.
H3 C

cool!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:11 pm
All look good. Thumbs Up
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Thranduil
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:36 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
where is that lore from?

I know it’s referring to the Witch-King (there are so few lores referring to Wraiths I had to cheat and use a lot referring to him) and I think it’s from the scene in the Battle of the Pelennor when Eowyn kills his steed, but I can’t say for sure.

sickofpalantirs wrote:
so essentially the ringbearer almost automatically gets exhausted.

I’m not so sure it’s almost automatic. I’d often much rather have wounds on some of the Nazgul or the bigger Wraiths than exerting the Ring-bearer. If you’re lucky with enough cards to wound your minions it would be very effective, but that was a problem with the twilight Nazgul’s anyway - Resistance Becomes Unbearable has never been that effective in my experience.

Now for some more assignment events:

0 Crowned With Fear Wraith
Event • Assignment
Choose one: spot a Nazgul to wound, exert or heal another Wraith minion; or spot a Nazgul bearing a ring to wound, exert or heal up to 3 other Wraith minions.
H3

0 Threat of Darkness Wraith
Event • Assignment
Spot a Wraith minion and discard a Shadow condition from play to take into hand a Wraith spell or Wraith weather card from your discard pile (or draw deck if that minion was a Nazgul).
H3

I think I had lore for both of those before my computer crashed. Oh well.

Oh, and I apologise - I gave Ulaire Enquea above lurker when I shouldn’t have done, as I had previously decided it was not a block keyword. I’d forgotten that Spiders didn’t do it anymore, and it should be fierce or terror 1. Any preferences?

Talking of Spiders, there are other cultures that fit snugly with the Wraith culture, and here’s the first of one of them (you may remember that Spiders love threats and Locked companions):

4 Dol Guldur Rager Sauron
Minion • Spider
Str: 10
Shadow: Exert this minion and heal an enduring Wraith minion to add a burden. The Free Peoples player may add a threat to prevent this.
H3 R 116

More spiders next time, I think.

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards