LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:55 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
no offense but these titles are...monkey crud.
cool cards though.

I agree. Razz Any suggestions?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
AgentDrake
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:00 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
I dunno. Somehow naming a bunch of giant spiders "Dol Guldur this" and "Dol Guldur that" seems sorta dull.
Other minions are easier to get away with (Desert Soldier, Warrior, Spearman,) because you can get plenty of flavor out of the "whatever" part.
But "DG Fury, DG Spider, DG Lurker..." seems sorta overly monotonous.

I’d suggest dropping the formulaic names.

The ideas I came up with for these three:

Great Weaver

Ancient Spider

Great Widow

Love the cards themselves, though.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:35 am
Thranduil wrote:

4 Dol Guldur Lurker Sauron
Minion • Spider
Str: 10
Vit: 3
Sit: 6
Shadow: Exert this minion and remove a threat to make a Sauron or Wraith minion gain terror 1 until the regroup phase.
H3 C 115

Gah easy terror again! Exert twice id say.

4 Dol Guldur Ancient Sauron
Minion • Spider
Enduring.
Skirmish:
Discard a Sauron or Wraith card from play to make a Spider enduring.
H3 U 111

Gah again thats quite easy. Cool but id make it 2 cards.

3 Dol Guldur Fury Sauron
Minion • Spider
Str: 9
Enduring.
Shadow:
Discard a Sauron or Wraith card from play to make a Spider fierce until the regroup phase.
H3 U 114

Balanced. Cool.

Thranduil

"Monkey crud" is possibly a little harsh but i see the point. Im not bothered though theyre your cards and the name are vaible.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:50 am
I can only hope the lack of reviews is a sign that everything’s going well.

And now I think these will be the last Spiderish cards, and so after this we’ll be having some Orcs.

0 Swarming and Crawling Sauron
Event • Shadow
To play, spot 2 Wraith or Sauron minions.
Remove X burdens or X threats to play a Spider. That minion’s twilight cost is -X.
H3 R 122

And continuing the rare Shadow cycle of doing weird things with the Locking mechanic:

1 • Mirkwood Sauron
Condition • Support Area
At the start of the maneuver phase, the Free Peoples player may Lock a companion until the end of the regroup phase to Unlock this condition until the regroup phase.
Each Spider is fierce.
Locked: At the start of each skirmish involving a Spider, remove a threat (or discard that Spider if you cannot spot a threat).
H3 R 121

Alternatively, Evil Broods could give enduring and Mirkwood could give terror. Any preferences?

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:31 am; edited 2 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:37 am
Thranduil wrote:

0 Evil Broods Sauron
Event • Skirmish
Exert a Sauron Spider and spot a Shadow card borne by a companion they are skirmishing to make that Spider gain fierce and terror 1 until the regroup phase.
H3 U 120

Cool.

Event • Shadow
Remove X burdens or X threats to play a Spider. That minion’s twilight cost is -X and it is Locked until the end of the turn.
H3 R 122

Dont think you need to lock it even.

1 • Mirkwood Sauron
Condition • Support Area
At the start of the maneuver phase, the Free Peoples player may Lock a companion until the end of the regroup phase to Unlock this condition until the regroup phase.
Each Spider is enduring.
Locked: At the start of each skirmish involving a Spider, remove a threat (or discard that Spider if you cannot spot a threat).
H3 R 121

Up the cost of this to 3.

Alternatively, Evil Broods could give enduring and Mirkwood could give terror. Any preferences?

Leave it the way it is definately.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:12 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
0 Evil Broods Sauron
Event • Skirmish
Exert a Sauron Spider and spot a Shadow card borne by a companion they are skirmishing to make that Spider gain fierce and terror 1 until the regroup phase.
H3 U 120

Fine.

Thranduil wrote:
Event • Shadow
Remove X burdens or X threats to play a Spider. That minion’s twilight cost is -X and it is Locked until the end of the turn.
H3 R 122

Yeah, you could probably get away with not locking.

Thranduil wrote:
1 • Mirkwood Sauron
Condition • Support Area
Each Spider is enduring.
H3 R 121

Name is very dull, but technically okay, I guess. Up the cost to at least 2, though.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:12 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
0 Evil Broods Sauron
Event • Skirmish
H3 U 120

Fine.

Thranduil wrote:
Event • Shadow
H3 R 122

Yeah, you could probably get away with not locking.

Thranduil wrote:
1 • Mirkwood Sauron
Condition • Support Area
Each Spider is enduring.
H3 R 121

Name is very dull, but technically okay, I guess. Up the cost to at least 2, though.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:19 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:
I can only hope the lack of reviews is a sign that everything’s going well.

And now I think these will be the last Spiderish cards, and so after this we’ll be having some Orcs.

0 Evil Broods Sauron
Event • Skirmish
H3 U 120
snazzy! maybe exert or heal... maybe heal would work better

Event • Shadow
H3 R 122
I think you could safely kill the spotting requirement as it would be quite cool to have it work with shelob IMSO

And continuing the rare Shadow cycle of doing weird things with the Locking mechanic:

1 • Mirkwood Sauron
Condition • Support Area
Each Spider is enduring.
H3 R 121

I think they are good as they are.I likey.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:06 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Name is very dull, but technically okay, I guess.

It’s part of a cycle of similar Shadow cards, all named after the place where those particular people come from. Hence The Underdeeps (Orc) and The Lonely Mountain (Smaug) etc.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Up the cost to at least 2, though.

As I said, it’s a cycle so I want to keep it at 1 if possible. Any suggestions to make that happen? It’s quite easy to Unlock.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Thranduil
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:42 am
This has been inactive long enough, so let’s move onto some lovely Orcs:

2 Soldier of Dol Guldur Orc
Minion • Orc
Str: 5
Vit: 1
Sit: 4
While you can spot 2 Wraith minions, this minion is strength +1 for each burden you can spot.
... grievous harm was done to the fair woods...
H3 C 107

3 Warrior of Dol Guldur Orc
Minion • Orc
Str: 12
Vit: 2
To play, remove a burden.
Each time this minion wins a skirmish, you may spot a Wraith minion to add a burden.
’... [I] secretly explored his ways, and found thus that our fears were true...’
H3 C 109

4 Watchman of Dol Guldur Orc
Minion • Orc
Vit: 2
To play, spot a Wraith minion.
At that start of each skirmish involving this minion, you may transfer a Shadow card borne by a companion to an eligible character skirmishing this minion.
’... many years ago I myself dared to pass the doors of the Necromancer in Dol Guldur...’
H3 U 110

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards