LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:23 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Well, since my poll about the next culture ended in a tie, I guess I’ll have to choose from the leading votes. And I choose Rohan, since it seems to me to be a natural progression from Gondor, the last FP culture we covered.

And what better way to start then with their king?

3Théoden, Master of Meduseld Rohan
Companion • Man
Strength: 6
Vitality: 3
Signet: Gandalf
Valiant. While you can spot a valiant Man, Théoden’s twilight cost is -1.
Théoden is strength +1 for each Rohan possession and artifact he bears.
“‘If I could have set a spear in rest, riding before my men upon the field, maybe I could have felt again the joy of battle....’”

This is sort of a cross between the original TTT Théodens (with their 6/2 stats) and more "modern" ones (with 7/3 stats). Of course, this version can pump up signifcantly higher than that. Very Happy

3Théoden, First Marshal of the Mark Rohan
Companion • Man
Strength: 7
Signet: Théoden
Valiant. Hunter 1.
The twilight cost of each other valiant companion is -1 (to a minimum of 1).
The twilight cost of each Rohan possession played on a valiant companion is -1.
“‘Every man and strong lad able to bear arms, all who have horses, let them be ready in the saddle at the gate ere the second hour from noon!’”

And here we have the revitalized Théoden, leading his men to war. He trades the potentially big strenght of the other version for making your other Rohirrim better with cheaper weapons and other gear...and cheaper Rohirrim, too! Note that this, of course, could work in the starting fellowship, allowing you to start even most versions of Éomer (and his "while you can spot a Rohan Man, Éomer’s twilight cost is -1") or other such 3-cost companions along with their king! Thumbs Up

Hopefully you can also see that both valiant and hunter will be big for Rohan in this set, as they should have been all along.
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:17 pm; edited 31 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:46 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Companion • Man
“‘If I could have set a spear in rest, riding before my men upon the field, maybe I could have felt again the joy of battle....’”
useful. he can be..., mount shield armor, weapon, ranged weapon...if you didn’t even try about 14 base strength

Companion • Man
Valiant. Hunter 1.
“‘Every man and strong lad able to bear arms, all who have horses, let them be ready in the saddle at the gate ere the second hour from noon!’”

cool! but cut the hunter IMHO
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:17 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Well, since my poll about the next culture ended in a tie, I guess I’ll have to choose from the leading votes. And I choose Rohan, since it seems to me to be a natural progression from Gondor, the last FP culture we covered.

And what better way to start then with their king?

Companion • Man

His subtitle should be Dwarven Lord...Wink

This is sort of a cross between the original TTT Théodens (with their 6/2 stats) and more "modern" ones (with 7/3 stats). Of course, this version can pump up signifcantly higher than that. Very Happy

Companion • Man
Valiant. Hunter 1.

Wow. I like it a lot. And good to see a Theoden hunter.

And here we have the revitalized Théoden, leading his men to war. He trades the potentially big strenght of the other version for making your other Rohirrim better with cheaper weapons and other gear...and cheaper Rohirrim, too! Note that this, of course, could work in the starting fellowship, allowing you to start even most versions of Éomer (and his "while you can spot a Rohan Man, Éomer’s twilight cost is -1") or other such 3-cost companions along with their king! Thumbs Up

Hopefully you can also see that both valiant and hunter will be big for Rohan in this set, as they should have been all along.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Sam-Wise
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:20 pm
How do you guys do this!? How do you come up with cards so easily?!
My Greatest friend is Jesus Christ.
He's the source of all power.

X+3=8-2. {X=3}. I love little algebra problems!
AgentDrake
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:36 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Who says it’s easy?

Agree on all points, Dain. Love both versions, though I’m not sure if the second one should have hunter without seeing some of the other stuff, first.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
NBarden
Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:28 am
Sam-Wise wrote:

Practice, practice, practice.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:04 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Sam-Wise wrote:

intimate knowledge of the game. once you have played it dozens of times and know almost all the cards, its almost second nature
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:17 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Yay u went with rohan! For the mark!

Companion • Man

Sweeeeet.

Companion • Man
Valiant. Hunter 1.

Sound.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:56 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Well that went pretty well. Smile Let’s move on to Théoden’s sister-son. Enjoy!

3Éomer, Captain of Riders Rohan
Companion • Man
Valiant. Hunter 2. The twilight cost of each other valiant companion in your starting fellowship is -1.
At the start of each skirmish involving Éomer, you may exert him to play a valiant companion or Rohan weapon from your hand.
“The Rider leaped from his horse. Giving his spear to another who rode up and dismounted at his side, he drew his sword and stood face to face with Aragorn, surveying him keenly....”

3Éomer, Son of Éomund Rohan
Companion • Man
Signet: Aragorn
Valiant.
While you can spot Théoden, Éomer gains hunter 1 (or hunter 2 if Théoden is a hunter).
While you can spot Gandalf, Éomer is defender +1.
While you can spot Aragorn, Éomer is damage +1.
“‘If we don’t defend our county, Saruman will take it by force.’”
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:15 pm; edited 2 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:25 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Well that went pretty well. Smile Let’s move on to Théoden’s sister-son. Enjoy!

3Éomer, Captain of Riders Rohan
Companion • Man
Valiant. Hunter 2. The twilight cost of each other valiant companion in your starting fellowship is -1.
At the start of each skirmish involving Éomer, you may exert him to play a valiant companion or Rohan weapon from your hand or draw deck.
“The Rider leaped from his horse. Giving his spear to another who rode up and dismounted at his side, he drew his sword and stood face to face with Aragorn, surveying him keenly....”
cut hunter to 1 IMHO

3Éomer, Son of Éomund Rohan
Companion • Man
Signet: Aragorn
Valiant.
While you can spot Théoden, Éomer is damage +1.
While you can spot Gandalf, Éomer is defender +1.
While you can spot Aragorn, Éomer gains hunter 1 (or hunter 2 if Aragorn is a hunter).
“‘If we don’t defend our county, Saruman will take it by force.’”

nice!
"DáinIronfoot"

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards