LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
NBarden
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:56 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Well that went pretty well. Smile Let’s move on to Théoden’s sister-son. Enjoy!

3Éomer, Captain of Riders Rohan
Companion • Man
Strength: 7
Vitality: 3
Signet: Théoden
Valiant. Hunter 2. The twilight cost of each other valiant companion in your starting fellowship is -1.
At the start of each skirmish involving Éomer, you may exert him to play a valiant companion or Rohan weapon from your hand or draw deck.
“The Rider leaped from his horse. Giving his spear to another who rode up and dismounted at his side, he drew his sword and stood face to face with Aragorn, surveying him keenly....”

WHOA! NO WAY! Exert him to play a COMPANION from your draw deck? OP! I’d make it a Follower.

3Éomer, Son of Éomund Rohan
Companion • Man
Signet: Aragorn
Valiant.
While you can spot Théoden, Éomer is damage +1.
While you can spot Gandalf, Éomer is defender +1.
While you can spot Aragorn, Éomer gains hunter 1 (or hunter 2 if Aragorn is a hunter).
“‘If we don’t defend our county, Saruman will take it by force.’”

A burrito! Like it. Although possibly, just an idea, all three signets?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:23 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
NBarden wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Companion • Man
Valiant. Hunter 2. The twilight cost of each other valiant companion in your starting fellowship is -1.
At the start of each skirmish involving Éomer, you may exert him to play a valiant companion or Rohan weapon from your hand or draw deck.
“The Rider leaped from his horse. Giving his spear to another who rode up and dismounted at his side, he drew his sword and stood face to face with Aragorn, surveying him keenly....”

WHOA! NO WAY! Exert him to play a COMPANION from your draw deck? OP! I’d make it a Follower.

Aside from companions like Riders of the Mark (who can play during skirmishes normally anyway) and Rohirrim Army, what good is a companion going to do during a skirmish? Assignments have already been made, so you can’t really use them until the next turn anyway. Well, fierce skirmishes, I guess, but you get my point.

What if I made it just from hand, though? Better?
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
NBarden
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:38 pm
Yeah, the problem is from deck. You shouldn’t be able to grab companions directly from deck like that. And circumventing paying twilight cost is another reason. Plus, a lot of companions can pump during the skirmish.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:43 pm
Fair enough. I changed it to hand only. Thumbs Up

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:50 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Companion • Man
At the start of each skirmish involving Éomer, you may exert him to play a valiant companion or Rohan weapon from your hand.

Since youve edited it makes him slightly dull. NB was probably right about the circumventing of pool adding, but now he’s a bit "meh". No way youd use this guy over horsemaster.

Companion • Man
Valiant.
While you can spot Aragorn, Éomer gains hunter 1 (or hunter 2 if Aragorn is a hunter).

Its like Theoden Reknowned which never exactly set my heart racing, id give him the hunter bonus for theoden (and alter the brackets accordingly) and damage for gorn so hes more likely to be stronger.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:14 pm
lem0nhead wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Companion • Man
At the start of each skirmish involving Éomer, you may exert him to play a valiant companion or Rohan weapon from your hand.

Since youve edited it makes him slightly dull. NB was probably right about the circumventing of pool adding, but now he’s a bit "meh". No way youd use this guy over horsemaster.

Do you have a suggestion for making him better? Perhaps exert a minion at the same time or something?

lem0nhead wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Companion • Man
Valiant.

Its like Theoden Reknowned which never exactly set my heart racing, id give him the hunter bonus for theoden (and alter the brackets accordingly) and damage for gorn so hes more likely to be stronger.

Hmmm...not a bad idea. I’ll do that. Thumbs Up

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:48 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Lem0n is right. the skirmish ability is now nearless worthless. except with the guy who when you play him makes other rohan companions strength +2...I think you could make him better my making it just weapon but from your draw deck too.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:55 pm
Hmmmm...I’ll consider that. Not a bad idea.

I would very much appreciate any further ideas for Captain of Riders. I have Éowyn all ready to go, but I’d like to clean up Éomer before I move on....

AgentDrake
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:27 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Maybe have him reveal the top however many cards and play a companion/possession from the revealed cards, then discard/replace/whatever the rest?
Could have it be the top X cards, where X is the number of valiant companions. That way, the more companions you have out, the more cards you reveal, but less chance of getting a companion.
Something like:

At the start of each skirmish involving Eomer, you may reveal the top X cards of your draw deck, where X is the number of valiant companions you can spot. You may play one companion or possession revealed. (Replace/Discard) the revealed cards.

Just a random idea.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:05 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I’d say place them on the bottom of your draw deck.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards