LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:33 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
3Éomer, Captain of Riders Rohan
Companion • Man
Strength: 7
Vitality: 3
Signet: Théoden
Valiant. Hunter 2. The twilight cost of each other valiant companion in your starting fellowship is -1.
At the start of each skirmish involving Éomer, you may exert him to play a valiant companion or Rohan weapon from your hand.
“The Rider leaped from his horse. Giving his spear to another who rode up and dismounted at his side, he drew his sword and stood face to face with Aragorn, surveying him keenly....”

I think he’s fine, but only because he has such a (ludicrously) high hunter bonus to balance it out. An effective 2/9/3/6! Shocked That’s ridiculous! Take his hunter down to 1, then worry about his ability, or leave him the way he is.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
3Éomer, Son of Éomund Rohan
Companion • Man
Strength: 7
Signet: Aragorn
Valiant.
While you can spot Théoden, Éomer gains hunter 1 (or hunter 2 if Théoden is a hunter).
While you can spot Gandalf, Éomer is defender +1.
While you can spot Aragorn, Éomer is damage +1.
“‘If we don’t defend our county, Saruman will take it by force.’”

Again, the hunter 2 is bordering on ’overpowerdness’, especially considering he has quite a useful signet. Quite frankly I think I’d remove the parentheses, which would clean up the card anyway.

And sorry to be such a hunter assassin, but I really think that the hunter on Theoden is also too much. If you want to keep the hunter, you need to tone down his huge and universal abilities.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:06 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Hmmmm. Think Well now I’m not sure what to do.

I think I will leave them as they are. Captain of Riders may be a little weak, but I think he’s novel and useful enough to work...especially with hunter 2, as Thran pointed out.

However, I disagree with Thran about hunter on Son of Éomund and Théoden, First Marshall of the Mark. I think we NEED a hunter Théoden, and considering his only abilities are to save on twilight, I think his simple hunter 1 is okay (considering we’ve had some 8-strength Éomers and Gandalfs and such). Similiarly, considering Éomer, Son of Éomund lacks any abilities and requires a pretty blended fellowship to really turn into something special (and that there’s only one hunter Théoden to even add that second hunter bonus), I think he’s alright too.

I may chew on Captain of Riders a bit more, though. I kind of like some of Drake and SoP’s ideas....

For now, though, let’s get to the daughter of Éomund. Whereas Théoden and Éomer have the potential to get pretty big, Éowyn focuses more on helping those around her and making them better. Enjoy!

2Éowyn, Daughter of Kings Rohan
Companion • Man
Strength: 6
Valiant. While in your starting fellowship, Éowyn’s twilight cost is +1.
Éomer is strength +1 (and gains hunter 1 if he is a hunter).
Théoden is resistance +2.
Aragorn is defender +1.
“Very fair was her face, and her long hair was like a river of gold. Slender and tall she was in her white robe girt with silver; but strong she seemed and stern as steel....”

2Éowyn, Fearless and High-hearted Rohan
Companion • Man
Signet: Gandalf
Valiant.
While at a dwelling or plains site, if Éowyn bears a weapon, she gains hunter 1.
Each time Éowyn wins a skirmish, you may heal a villager.
“Alone Éowyn stood before the doors of the house at the stair’s head; the sword was set upright before her, and her hands were laid upon the hilt. She was clad now in mail and shone like silver in the sun.”
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:33 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Companion • Man
Aragorn is defender +1.
“Very fair was her face, and her long hair was like a river of gold. Slender and tall she was in her white robe girt with silver; but strong she seemed and stern as steel....”

Erm well. I *think* she’s ok, though the bonus for eomer is potentially crazy. She lacks any ability to defend herself so its fair that she boosts others. Something ive just thought of; Seems odd to alter resistances when youre using signets.

Companion • Man
Valiant.
While at a dwelling or plains site, if Éowyn bears a weapon, she gains hunter 1.
“Alone Éowyn stood before the doors of the house at the stair’s head; the sword was set upright before her, and her hands were laid upon the hilt. She was clad now in mail and shone like silver in the sun.”

Bit of a dull subtitle sorry Dain. Hmm fine but possibly needs a bit more, or an alteration to make her slighlty less underpowered imho.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:55 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Companion • Man
Aragorn is defender +1.
snazzy. though I think aragorn should get a damage bonus

Companion • Man
Valiant.

snazzy! now do something with villagers. Wink
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:58 pm
lem0nhead wrote:
Something ive just thought of; Seems odd to alter resistances when youre using signets.

I know, but while signets are back in my sets, I’m not ignoring the fact that this a resistance world now. Razz In truth, the Rohirrim aren’t affected all that much by the loss of resistance here anyway (since most of them normally have only 6 resistance).

And villagers will indeed be big again, SoP. Wink

Anyone else before I move on?
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
AgentDrake
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:23 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Nope. Both look good to me. Thumbs Up
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:30 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
However, I disagree with Thran about hunter on Son of Éomund and Théoden, First Marshall of the Mark. I think we NEED a hunter Théoden, and considering his only abilities are to save on twilight, I think his simple hunter 1 is okay (considering we’ve had some 8-strength Éomers and Gandalfs and such). Similiarly, considering Éomer, Son of Éomund lacks any abilities and requires a pretty blended fellowship to really turn into something special (and that there’s only one hunter Théoden to even add that second hunter bonus), I think he’s alright too.

You can’t compare ANY balanced companion with the hunter companions released by Decipher, because they were all, almost without exception, overpowered, some ridiculously so (a 10 strength Aragorn with an amazing ability? Rumil for 2 with 10 strength against most people? Those guys are just ridiculous). Theoden’s ability makes EACH Rohan possession and companion twilight cost -1, and then has strength 8 for 3? That’s way too much. Cut one of the abilities, or he’s too good not to be used.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Companion • Man
Aragorn is defender +1.

I really like this one, it’s an awesome comparison with the other Rohan burritos that boost themselves. However, again the hunter bonus is rather unnecessary, and it clutters up what would otherwise be a very elegant card, which is also my problem with the Eomer above.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Companion • Man
Valiant.

She’s solid. And I quite like this subtitle.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:37 pm
Overall, seems like Éowyn is alright, so let’s get to some of this trio’s stuff.

We’ll go in order again, so first up is Théoden. Enjoy!

3Herugrim, Ancient Blade Rohan
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Vitality +1
Bearer must be Théoden. He is damage +1.
When you play Herugrim, you may heal Théoden.
Maneuver: Add a threat and exert Théoden twice to make a Rohan companion defender +1 until the regroup phase.
“Háma knelt and presented to Théoden a long sword in a scabbard clasped with gold and set with green gems.”

2Snowmane, King’s Horse Rohan
Possession • Mount
Strength +1
Resistance +1
Bearer must be Théoden.
At the start of each skirmish involving Théoden, each minion skirmishing him must exert.
“Snowmane snorted and reared, eager to follow....”

The subtitles for these might seem kind of meh, but they’re directly from the text of The Two Towers.

More once these get a couple reviews! Smile
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:39 am; edited 2 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

AgentDrake
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Overall, seems like Éowyn is alright, so let’s get to some of this trio’s stuff.

We’ll go in order again, so first up is Théoden. Enjoy!

Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Vitality +1
Maneuver: Add a threat and exert Théoden twice (or once if mounted) to make a Rohan companion defender +1 until the regroup phase.
“Háma knelt and presented to Théoden a long sword in a scabbard clasped with gold and set with green gems.”

Not sure it isn’t OP... Maybe make himself Def plus, or cut the "exert once if mounted." part?

Possession • Mount
Strength +1
Resistance +1
Bearer must be Théoden.
At the end of each skirmish involving Théoden, each minion skirmishing him must exert.

Interesting, exerting at the end of the skirmish instead of the start. Wonder how useful that would actually be, though. Could be good, could be useless, I dunno.

The subtitles for these might seem kind of meh, but they’re directly from the text of The Two Towers.

More once these get a couple reviews! Smile
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:38 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Vitality +1
Maneuver: Add a threat and exert Théoden twice (or once if mounted) to make a Rohan companion defender +1 until the regroup phase.

Hmmm ok. Very powerful but the maneuver is costly so overall balanced.

Possession • Mount
Strength +1
Resistance +1
Bearer must be Théoden.
At the end of each skirmish involving Théoden, each minion skirmishing him must exert.

Erm i dont see why youd wanna do that unless the exerting happens before the wounds are dealt which im not sure they would be. But even so this is uncomfortable wording for me, if u wanna move away from the classic at the start exert, do something else this is weird and less useful.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards