LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:01 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
3Herugrim, Ancient Blade Rohan
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Vitality +1
Bearer must be Théoden. He is damage +1.
When you play Herugrim, you may heal Théoden.
Maneuver: Add a threat and exert Théoden twice (or once if mounted) to make a Rohan companion defender +1 until the regroup phase.
“Háma knelt and presented to Théoden a long sword in a scabbard clasped with gold and set with green gems.”

The maneuver ability seems a bit underpowered; possibly draw a card or reinforce a token too if he is mounted? Think

DáinIronfoot wrote:
2Snowmane, King’s Horse Rohan
Possession • Mount
Strength +1
Resistance +1
Bearer must be Théoden.
At the end of each skirmish involving Théoden, each minion skirmishing him must exert.
“Snowmane snorted and reared, eager to follow....”

Good. Smile
I had to put something here.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:07 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Vitality +1
Maneuver: Add a threat and exert Théoden twice (or once if mounted) to make a Rohan companion defender +1 until the regroup phase.
“Háma knelt and presented to Théoden a long sword in a scabbard clasped with gold and set with green gems.”
personally I think it is too busy and completely overshadows all other herugrim. cut one of the abilities.

Possession • Mount
Strength +1
Resistance +1
Bearer must be Théoden.
At the end of each skirmish involving Théoden, each minion skirmishing him must exert.
)

works. you could cut cost to 1 though
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:38 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Wow...VERY mixed reviews on Herugrim. Some think it’s overpowered, some underpowered. I tend to side with lem0n here: I think that while it is indeed very powerful, it’s not overly so. I think I will help balance it a little more by following Drake’s suggestion, though. Thumbs Up I also tweaked Snowmane’s ability to trigger during the more conventional "start of each skirmish".

I have more stuff for Théoden, but first let’s do his niece and nephew’s swords. Enjoy!

1Gúthwinë, Sword of Éomer Rohan
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be Éomer.
He is damage +1.
Each time Éomer is wounded in a skirmish, you may wound a minion in that skirmish.
“‘Gúthwinë!’ cried Éomer. ‘Gúthwinë for the Mark!’”

1Éowyn’s Sword, Shieldmaiden’s Blade Rohan
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +3
Bearer must be Éowyn.
At the end of each turn during which Éowyn did not lose a skirmish, you may heal a villager.
At the end of each turn during which Éowyn won a skirmish, you may heal a valiant companion.
“‘You have some skill with a blade....’”
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:58 am; edited 1 time in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
menace64
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:48 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Rohan Man.
If bearer is Éomer, he is damage +1.
Each time bearer is wounded in a skirmish, you may exert a minion in that skirmish.

It looks fine to me.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +3
Bearer must be Éowyn.
At the end of each turn during which Éowyn did not lose a skirmish, you may heal a villager.
At the end of each turn during which Éowyn won a skirmish, you may heal a valiant companion.

Unless you’re bringing it back, villager is a defunct keyword. So if you aren’t reintroducing it, drop that for something else.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:49 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Each time bearer is wounded in a skirmish, you may exert a minion in that skirmish.

Good. Smile

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +3
Bearer must be Éowyn.

Excellent! GP
I had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:54 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
menace64 wrote:
Unless you’re bringing it back, villager is a defunct keyword. So if you aren’t reintroducing it, drop that for something else.

Oh, it’s definately back. Very Happy If you’ll notice, Éowyn, Fearless and High-hearted helps villagers out, too.

I have a plan, don’t worry. Whistle
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:53 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Wow...VERY mixed reviews on Herugrim. Some think it’s overpowered, some underpowered. I tend to side with lem0n here: I think that while it is indeed very powerful, it’s not overly so.
yes but it TOTALLY overshadows all other versions of herugrim.

Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
coolio! could up cost to 2...

Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +3
Bearer must be Éowyn.

snazzy.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:27 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Vitality +1
Maneuver: Add a threat and exert Théoden twice to make a Rohan companion defender +1 until the regroup phase.

Possibly the healing is unnecessary and too cluttered - after all, the ROTK Hergurim had just 1 pretty naf ability for the same cost and attribute bonuses as this one.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Possession • Mount
Strength +1
Resistance +1
Bearer must be Théoden.
At the start of each skirmish involving Théoden, each minion skirmishing him must exert.

Could easily cost 1, because it can only be borne by Theoden and is unique.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2

It’s rather weird, and possibly not all that useful, because minions are likely to be exhausted by mounts and javelins before it is likely to trigger. Make it wound and it would be a lot more worth it, though I might then make it apply only Eomer.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +3
Bearer must be Éowyn.

Very interesting. Rare for swords to heal people, but I like it.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:54 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2

Wow seems powerful. Id change to EITHER loses a skirmish or takes a wound from the gametext of a minion.

Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +3
Bearer must be Éowyn.

Cool. Might need to cost 2.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:28 am
I would drop the healing on Herugrim so it doesn’t overshadow the others.

DáinIronfoot wrote:

Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2

Make bearer only be Eomer, and change the second ability to wound.

Quote:
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +3
Bearer must be Éowyn.

Nice!
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards