LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
NBarden
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:19 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Wow...VERY mixed reviews on Herugrim. Some think it’s overpowered, some underpowered. I tend to side with lem0n here: I think that while it is indeed very powerful, it’s not overly so. I think I will help balance it a little more by following Drake’s suggestion, though. Thumbs Up I also tweaked Snowmane’s ability to trigger during the more conventional "start of each skirmish".

I have more stuff for Théoden, but first let’s do his niece and nephew’s swords. Enjoy!

1Gúthwinë, Sword of Éomer Rohan
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Rohan Man.
If bearer is Éomer, he is damage +1.
Each time bearer is wounded in a skirmish, you may exert a minion in that skirmish.
“‘Gúthwinë!’ cried Éomer. ‘Gúthwinë for the Mark!’”

Love it. I’d make it only bearable by Eomer, though.

1Éowyn’s Sword, Shieldmaiden’s Blade Rohan
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +3
Bearer must be Éowyn.
At the end of each turn during which Éowyn did not lose a skirmish, you may heal a villager.
At the end of each turn during which Éowyn won a skirmish, you may heal a valiant companion.
“‘You have some skill with a blade....’”

You’re slipping on us with lore, Dain. The card is genius. 2, perhaps, but other than those small things, brilliant.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:09 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Wow, I think everyone on the forums reviewed those! Very Happy I tweaked Gúthwinë as a couple people recommended, but I think I’m going to leave Éowyn’s Sword at 1. It’s powerful for 1, to be sure, but I think it’s JUST balanced enough to be okay, personally.

Here are a few more possessions for the Rohirrim trio. Enjoy! Smile

2King’s Mail, Royal Armor Rohan
Possession • Armor
Bearer must be a Rohan Man. If played on Théoden, remove 1.
Bearer takes no more than 1 wound during each skirmish.
Response: If bearer is Théoden and he is about to take a wound that would kill him, add a burden or discard this possession to prevent that wound.
“‘But I will not end here, taken like an old badger in a trap....When dawn comes, I will bid men sound Helm’s horn, and I will ride forth.’”

2Théoden’s Shield Rohan
Possession • Shield
Resistance +1
Bearer must be Théoden.
Théoden may not take wounds except during a skirmish.
Each other valiant companion with the Théoden signet is resistance +1.
“And with that shout the king came....golden was his shield, and his spear was long.”

As prominently mentioned as this is, can you believe Big D never made a card out of it? Shocked

And now back to Éomer, whose Gúthwinë and arguably this possession were ALSO glaring oversights by Decipher....

1Éomer’s Helm Rohan
Possession • Helm
Resistance +1
Bearer must be Éomer.
Each time Éomer wins a skirmish, you may make another Rohan Man strength +1 until the regroup phase.
“Then one rode forward, a tall man, taller than all the rest; from his helm as a crest a white horsetail flowed.”
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:36 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Possession • Armor
Response: If bearer is Théoden and he is about to take a wound that would kill him, add a burden or discard this possession to prevent that wound.
“‘But I will not end here, taken like an old badger in a trap....When dawn comes, I will bid men sound Helm’s horn, and I will ride forth.’”

Neat. Smile

DáinIronfoot wrote:
2Théoden’s Shield Rohan
Possession • Shield
Resistance +1
Bearer must be Théoden.
“And with that shout the king came....golden was his shield, and his spear was long.”

The resistance bonus is a nice touch, and it’s nice that he is immune to archery. Thumbs Up

DáinIronfoot wrote:
1Éomer’s Helm Rohan
Possession • Helm
Resistance +1
Bearer must be Éomer.
Each time Éomer wins a skirmish, you may make a Rohan Man strength +1 until the regroup phase.
“Then one rode forward, a tall man, taller than all the rest; from his helm as a crest a white horsetail flowed.”

I would change "a" to "another," but that’s just a minor nitpick. Good cards! GP
I had to put something here.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:21 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Possession • Armor
maybe and wound a minion he is skirmishing?

2Théoden’s Shield Rohan
Possession • Shield
Resistance +1
Bearer must be Théoden.

As prominently mentioned as this is, can you believe Big D never made a card out of it? Shocked
his golden shield is a card...an event ;)coolio! but how do you miz resistance and signets? they all have 6 resistance automatically?

1Éomer’s Helm Rohan
Possession • Helm
Resistance +1
Bearer must be Éomer.
Each time Éomer wins a skirmish, you may make a Rohan Man strength +1 until the regroup phase.

cool
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:26 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Possession • Armor

Really nice, but not worth 2. Slap an attribute bonus (doesn’t really matter which one) and it would rock!

DáinIronfoot wrote:
2Théoden’s Shield Rohan
Possession • Shield
Resistance +1
Bearer must be Théoden.

Now that’s an awesome combo. The second ability, however, feels a bit more like a condition, and may well make the card too good. I’d prefer something more in line with other shields, especially Erkenbrand’s, so maybe reducing the minion archery total (in which case you could bring the cost down to 1) or cancelling skirmishes. Or maybe that ability would work better on the armour...

DáinIronfoot wrote:
1Éomer’s Helm Rohan
Possession • Helm
Resistance +1
Bearer must be Éomer.

I agree with AP, but it’s nice.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:04 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Possession • Armor

Looks good to me. Maybe also cost 1 less on Theoden?

Quote:
2Théoden’s Shield Rohan
Possession • Shield
Resistance +1
Bearer must be Théoden.

Do you do anything with resistance? Doesn’t seem that great. I never liked archery "deflection" cards like these, because it just makes it easier for the shadow player to add archery to your other companions and finish the ring-bearer.

Quote:
1Éomer’s Helm Rohan
Possession • Helm
Resistance +1
Bearer must be Éomer.

Nice! Mini-captain.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:52 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Possession • Armor
Bearer must be a Rohan Man. If played on Théoden, remove 1.

Sound.

2Théoden’s Shield Rohan
Possession • Shield
Resistance +1
Bearer must be Théoden.

Fine but id lower cost to 1, id never use it for 2.

1Éomer’s Helm Rohan
Possession • Helm
Resistance +1
Bearer must be Éomer.
Each time Éomer wins a skirmish, you may make another Rohan Man strength +1 until the regroup phase.

Fine, could get away with adding something else maybe.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:15 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Been out of it for a couple days, so let’s get back into the swing of things with some more companions! After all, you’ve got to be getting tired of Théoden and his niece and nephew by now. Rolling Eyes

So, we’ll start off by focusing on the exiled éored of Éomer. (Rohan has a lot of "é"s, doesn’t it? Razz) Enjoy!

2Éothain, Éored Rider Rohan
Companion • Man
Strength: 6
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 5
Valiant. Hunter 1. To play, spot a Rohan Man.
Each time the fellowship moves, you may exert a minion for each other Rohan hunter you can spot (or wound that minion if the fellowship is moving to a plains site).
“‘Do we walk in legends or on the green earth in the daylight?’”

I found it a pity that a Rohirrim mentioned rather prominently in The Two Towers recieved only one card version from Big D. Granted, the original ain’t bad at all, but I figured he deserved a facelift.

1Aldred, Éored Rider Rohan
Companion • Man
Strength: 5
Resistance: 6
Valiant. To play, spot a Rohan Man.
At the start of each skirmish involving Aldred, you may discard a card borne by a minion he is skirmishing.
“‘Did you search the slain?’”

This one is NOT prominent in the original text, but I just LOVE the idea of a 1-cost companion so much, I simply had to give little Aldred an upgrade, too. This one has a spotting requirement that makes him a little less versatile than the original, but he’s valiant with 1 more resistance and a more versatile ability, so hopefully that makes up for it. After all, with my Éomer, Captain of Riders (check the first page), he plays for FREE! Thumbs Up
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:24 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Companion • Man
Each time the fellowship moves, you may exert a minion for each other Rohan hunter you can spot (or wound that minion if the fellowship is moving to a plains site).

I’m not feeling this card - I think the brackets definitely make it too complicated than it’s worth. I think I’d just remove them or change it to when you move to plains site, you wound etc. but I wouldn’t have both. Also, note about 2/7/3/5 companion (as usual for me! Very Happy) but seeing as he has a pretty naff ability and a spotting requirement, he’s probably fine.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Companion • Man
At the start of each skirmish involving Aldred, you may discard a card borne by a minion he is skirmishing.

Fine, but starting him for free is very dangerous (and a good reason not to make a new version of him).

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:47 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Companion • Man
snazzy.

Companion • Man

works. could cut the spotting requirement
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards