LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Which Culture would you like to see next?

One Ring  
10%
  [ 1 ]  10%

Dwarven  
20%
  [ 2 ]  20%

Elven  
20%
  [ 2 ]  20%

Gandalf  
10%
  [ 1 ]  10%

Gollum  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Gondor  
20%
  [ 2 ]  20%

Men  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Orc  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Rohan  
10%
  [ 1 ]  10%

Sauron  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Shire  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Uruk-hai  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Wraith  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Adventure Path  
10%
  [ 1 ]  10%

Total Votes : 10
menace64
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:05 am
Let’s imagine that Decipher had enough resources to put out one last set after Age’s End - a real farewell to the players and a real way to end the game. In Decipher fashion this set would be named Reflections Gold. Each pack would have 18 cards as before with Reflections: 2 cards of the actual Reflections Gold set; the other 16 cards from earlier sets (and 1 foreign language card).

But, as an added incentive to purchase booster boxes, Decipher introduces - for the first time in LotR TCG history - Box Toppers. Box Topper is a special card inserted randomly into each booster box, above the boosters and wrapped in a special holder.

In Reflections Gold, there are 6 Box Toppers: special site cards not seen before in the game!

In addition to Box Toppers, there is a slew of new and long-awaited Alternate Ring-bearers, such as Aragorn. Utilizing Decipher’s much-unused rights to The Hobbit, Reflections Gold showcases many characters from the stunning prequel to The Lord of the Rings. And, as if that wasn’t enough, Reflections Gold reaches deep into the extended editions of Peter Jackon’s films, as well as delving into the appendixes of J.R.R.’s masterpiece novels!

All in all, Reflections Gold is an experience you can’t afford to miss!

Here’s what’s to be found:
Ring The One Ring (2 Cards):
1. The One Ring, The Willing Ring
2. Passed Out of All Knowledge

Dwarven Dwarven Culture (5 Cards):
3. The Arkenstone
4. Balin’s Tomb
5. Orcrist
6. The Service of Stonewrights
7. Thorin Oakenshield, King of Durin’s Folk

Elven Elven Culture (5 Cards):
8. Arwen, Bearer of Swift Courage
9. Child of the Vanyar
10. Elrond, Bearer of Long Memories
11. Thranduil, King of Mirkwood
12. The Undying Lands

Gandalf Gandalf Culture (4 Cards):
13. Bard, The Bowman
14. The Black Arrow
15. Curunír, Of the White Council
16. Wandlimb, Beholder of Beauty

Gollum Gollum Culture (4 Cards):
17. Déagol, Bearer of the Recovered Lost
18. Hid From the Sun
19. Shelob, Terror of the Pass
20. Ufthak, Taken By the Great Spider

Gondor Gondor Culture (7 Cards):
21. Aragorn, Bearer of Kingly Blood
22. Beregond, Guard of the Tower
23. Bergil, Son of Gondor
24. Gilraen’s Memorial
25. The King of Gondor
26. Pippin, In the Service of Denethor
27. Sceptre of Annúminas

Men Men Culture (3 Cards):
28. Balchoth, Terrible and Tall
29. Saruman, Sharkey
30. Shire Ruffians, Big Men of the North

Orc Orc Culture (6 Cards):
31. Azog, Chieftain of the Horde
32. Goblins of the Grey Mountains
33. Grond, The Wolf of War
34. Smaug, Descendant of Ancalagon
35. Stricken Skies
36. Troll-den

Rohan Rohan Culture (6 Cards):
37. Army of Westfold, The Strength of Erkenbrand
38. Barrow of Thengel
39. Éomer, Bearer of Grim Necessity
40. Gúthwinë
41. Horn of Helm, The Trumpet of Hammerhand
42. Merry, In the Service of Théoden

Sauron Sauron Culture (2 Cards):
43. Descent Into the Dark
44. Where the Shadows Lie

Shire Shire Culture (5 Cards):
45. Barrow-blade
46. The Battle of Bywater
47. The Eagles Are Coming!
48. Frodo, Departing Forever
49. Sam, Home At Last

Uruk-hai Uruk-hai Culture (1 Card):
50. Blasting-fire

Wraith Wraith Culture (2 Cards):
51. Old Man Willow, Dark Heart
52. Whispering Mists

Adventure Path (6 Cards):
53. Deserts of Harad (Box Topper)
54. Field of Cormallen (Box Topper)
55. Lake-town (Box Topper)
56. The Lonely Mountain (Box Topper)
57. Mirkwood (Box Topper)
58. Shelob’s Tunnel (Box Topper)

And, to whet your appetite for what’s to come, here’s your first spoiler.

∙The One Ring, The Willing Ring [One Ring]
Vitality +1
While wearing The One Ring, each time the Ring-bearer is about to take a wound, add a burden instead.
Maneuver or Skirmish: Wear The One Ring until the regroup phase.
Skirmish: Add a burden and make another companion resistance -3 until the regroup phase to make bearer strength +2.
“’A Ring of Power looks after itself…’”
20R+1

As a note on the poll, I’ll be spoiling the set beginning with whichever culture gets the most votes and then moving down from there. So this vote determines how you’ll see the set!
Last edited by menace64 on Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:14 am; edited 4 times in totalRiddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
Shieldmaiden
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:00 am
Joined: 07 May 2007 Posts: 389 Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
What an awesome idea! I voted Gondor, who can resist an Aragorn RB? And I would have liked to have seen Beregond (who helped to save Faramir in the book).

A close second would have been Dwarves, as I would also like to see their much beloved Arkenstone. If only Decipher had made a set like this one, that would have been great!
Trade With Me, I went to Middle Earth, and all I got was this stupid ring!

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around.
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:18 am
Gandalf !!!!!!!!!!!!
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:01 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
first, I vote gondor.

now this is an interesting ring. it can be put on maneuver or skirmish for nottin, can give a small vitality boost, and can give a strength boost as well, for a cost.

I am debating the balance but so far looks good, albeit quite crowded Wink
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:07 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Shiny...shiny....
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:37 pm
Great idea - I look forward to the set with anxious anticipation. Cool

Oh, and good ring, though I’m not a big fan of the subtitle.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
menace64
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:38 pm
All right. We’re starting with Dwarves!

And to get things kicking, here’s what I’m sure a lot of you are waiting for.

3 ∙Thorin Oakenshield, King of Durin’s Folk Dwarven
Companion ∙ Dwarf
Strength-8
Vitality-3
Resistance-6
To play, spot a Dwarf.
While you can spot 2 wounded companions, Thorin Oakenshield is damage +2.
While you can spot 3 wounded companions, Thorin Oakenshield may not be overwhelmed.
“’After that there were no dwarves left alive inside, and he took all their wealth for himself… we still mean to get it back, and to bring our curses home to Smaug – if we can.’”
20R+7

I think if one dwarf could be named The Emo Dwarf, it would be Thorin. Always whining about how things stink, how he’s poor, and how much he hates Smaug. Well, this matches pretty well with his personality. The worse off you are, the better Thorin gets (which might be handy in a pinch).

And, to compliment him...

2 ∙Orcrist Dwarven
Artifact ∙ Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Bearer is damage +1 (or damage +3 while skirmishing an Orc).
At the start of the regroup phase, if bearer is Thorin Oakenshield and he did not lose a skirmish at this site, you may remove a Shadow token or discard a minion stacked on a condition or possession.
“’I will keep this sword in honour,’ he said. ‘May it soon cleave goblins once again!’”
20R+5

The Goblin Cleaver! Biter! That... one sword... that kills things! Hurray for death!
Last edited by menace64 on Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in totalRiddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:21 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
menace64 wrote:

Companion ∙ Dwarf
Strength-8
Vitality-3
Resistance-6
To play, spot a Dwarf.
While you can spot 3 wounded companions, Thorin Oakenshield may not be overwhelmed.
“’After that there were no dwarves left alive inside, and he took all their wealth for himself… we still mean to get it back, and to bring our curses home to Smaug – if we can.’”
20R+7

Nice design, I love the idea of a beserk dwarf running around the battlefield.
Quote:
3 ∙Orcrist Dwarven
Artifact ∙ Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf. When played on Thorin Oakenshield, Orcrist’s twilight cost is -1.
At the start of the regroup phase, if bearer did not lose a skirmish at this site, you may remove a Shadow token or discard a minion stacked on a condition or possession.
“’I will keep this sword in honour,’ he said. ‘May it soon cleave goblins once again!’”
20R+5

Nice card. Good and balanced. And it’s not really possible to abuse that last ability (by doing something like slapping Orcrist on the RB), because removing a Shadow token or discarding a stacked minion aren’t really huge things, so you’d have to weigh the costs/benefits of doing that.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:39 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
menace64 wrote:
∙The One Ring, The Willing Ring [One Ring]
Vitality +1
While wearing The One Ring, each time the Ring-bearer is about to take a wound, add a burden instead.
Maneuver or Skirmish: Wear The One Ring until the regroup phase.
Skirmish: Add a burden and make another companion resistance -3 until the regroup phase to make bearer strength +2.
“’A Ring of Power looks after itself…’”
20R+1

Not bad, not bad. Well-balanced, I think.

menace64 wrote:
Companion ∙ Dwarf
Strength-8
Vitality-3
Resistance-6
To play, spot a Dwarf.
20R+7

Yeah, he was a bit emo. Razz And this captures that well.

menace64 wrote:
3 ∙Orcrist Dwarven
Artifact ∙ Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf. When played on Thorin Oakenshield, Orcrist’s twilight cost is -1.
At the start of the regroup phase, if bearer did not lose a skirmish at this site, you may remove a Shadow token or discard a minion stacked on a condition or possession.
20R+5

Technically, with Glamdring and Sting being possessions, this should be too. But I simply can’t bring myself to recommend it, because I think all three should be artifacts! Razz I love how this is a pure, unabashed beatstick, and with some interesting extras thrown in. Good stuff! GP
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
menace64
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:03 am
Well, with two people calling those cards balanced, I think I can move on!

This is the first card in a cycle of ’tomb’ cards I’ve written up. You’ll see their potential awesomeness here in a second.

0 ∙Balin’s Tomb Dwarven
Condition ∙ Support Area
To play, stack a Dwarf from your dead pile here. If this condition is discarded, return that Dwarf to the dead pile.
Each time a Dwarf is exerted or wounded by a Shadow card, you may make him resistance +1 until the regroup phase.
“‘I fear he had ill tidings to record in a fair hand… The first clear word is sorrow…’”
20R4

So, the first requirement is that a Dwarf dies. That can be rather simple (through ditching a Dwarven Warrior) but with threats running around, there’s also serious risk. But once you’ve got a Dwarf entombed, your other Dwarves become hardened by their loss.

An added bonus of these tomb cards is the potential to circumvent the 9-companion limit. I don’t foresee this being too big of an issue, though.

And, why not - here’s the Gondor tomb card:

0 ∙Gilraen’s Memorial Gondor
Condition ∙ Support Area
To play, stack a Gondor Man from your dead pile here. If this condition is discarded, return that Man to your dead pile.
At the start of each of your turns, you may spot an unwounded Gondor Man to make a Shadow player discard one of his or her conditions.
“’This is our last parting, Estel, my son. I am aged by care… I cannot face the darkness of our time that gathers upon Middle-earth.’”
20R24

Poor, poor Aragorn. An orphan at last. Crying or Very sad
Like Balin’s Tomb, you gotta get a Gondorian killed. Then you can use the Memorial to activate ’hidden potential’ in your dudes; in this case, driving back the Shadow through forcing the discard of a condition. It’s not super-powerful, but opens up the door to Gondor for condition removal.

Next up will be some more Gondor cards.
Last edited by menace64 on Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:42 am; edited 4 times in totalRiddle 9

Who am I?

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards