LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Which Culture would you like to see next?

One Ring  
10%
  [ 1 ]  10%

Dwarven  
20%
  [ 2 ]  20%

Elven  
20%
  [ 2 ]  20%

Gandalf  
10%
  [ 1 ]  10%

Gollum  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Gondor  
20%
  [ 2 ]  20%

Men  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Orc  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Rohan  
10%
  [ 1 ]  10%

Sauron  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Shire  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Uruk-hai  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Wraith  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Adventure Path  
10%
  [ 1 ]  10%

Total Votes : 10
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:17 am
menace64 wrote:

0 ∙Balin’s Tomb Dwarven
Condition ∙ Support Area
To play, stack a Dwarf from your dead pile here. If this condition is discarded, place that Dwarf out of play.
Each time a Dwarf is exerted or wounded by a Shadow card, you may make him resistance +1 until the regroup phase.
“‘I fear he had ill tidings to record in a fair hand… The first clear word is sorrow…’”
20R4

An added bonus of these tomb cards is the potential to circumvent the 9-companion limit. I don’t foresee this being too big of an issue, though.

I do however. This card rocks even without the resistance bonus. It would be a lot more balanced if the companion returned to the dead pile as a card that just rescues some1 from the dead is very powerful, ony falls of rauros currently does that without any additional bonuses. Nice idea in fact GP for the great entombing idea, its fantastic but i think it needs to go back to the dead after. Same for below as the Gondor ability is awesome even better than the dwarven one.

0 ∙Gilraen’s Memorial Gondor
Condition ∙ Support Area
To play, stack a Gondor Man from your dead pile here. If this condition is discarded, place that Man out of play.
At the start of each fellowship phase, you may spot an exhausted Gondor Man to heal him or her twice.
“’This is our last parting, Estel, my son. I am aged by care… I cannot face the darkness of our time that gathers upon Middle-earth.’”
20R24

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
NBarden
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:16 am
Yeah, have it put them back in the dead pile.

Orcrist should be possession. And next, let’s see some box-toppers! After Dwarven
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:02 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I was ready to review these, but lem0n already hit the nail on the head. I think it’s good enough that they’re not in the dead pile while stacked here...they don’t need to circumvent the Rule of 9 should the condition be discarded, too.

LOVE the idea, though. Applause
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:22 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
However, if it goes back to the dead pile, you will then have problems with the Rule of 9.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
NBarden
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:45 pm
Not really. If you have 10+ companions out and/or in the dead pile, then they stay that way until one gets discarded/bounced to hand.

Shapes Slowly Advancing doesn’t look that bad anymore.
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:45 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
menace64 wrote:

0 ∙Balin’s Tomb Dwarven
Condition ∙ Support Area
To play, stack a Dwarf from your dead pile here. If this condition is discarded, place that Dwarf out of play.
Each time a Dwarf is exerted or wounded by a Shadow card, you may make him resistance +1 until the regroup phase.
“‘I fear he had ill tidings to record in a fair hand… The first clear word is sorrow…’”
20R4
should be remove that dwarf from the Game IMHO. I think the rule of 9 needn’t be worried about here. unlike falls of rauros, it can be discarded before played by a number of cards, and might not even be drawn

Condition ∙ Support Area
To play, stack a Gondor Man from your dead pile here. If this condition is discarded, place that Man out of play.
At the start of each fellowship phase, you may spot an exhausted Gondor Man to heal him or her twice.
“’This is our last parting, Estel, my son. I am aged by care… I cannot face the darkness of our time that gathers upon Middle-earth.’”
20R24

ditto above regarding wording.I would say once. twice is too much.

and there is that healer who is a gondorian woman, though a card was never made of her...
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
menace64
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:36 pm
lol well, as a matter of fact, I originally had them written as returning back to the dead pile, but changed it at the last minute to out of play upon discarding to keep the rule of 9 from getting wacky.

But since y’all agree, I’ll change them back to dead pile! Thanks for the reviews.

All right. Like I said yesterday... today is Gondor!

0 ∙The King of Gondor Gondor
Condition ∙ Support Area
To play, spot a Gondor Man.
Regroup: Spot Aragorn, Elendil, or Isildur with strength 11 or more to transfer this condition to him.
While borne by a companion, each companion (except the Ring-bearer) is resistance +1 for each Free Peoples culture you spot in the fellowship.
“’This is your realm… and it is your task to order its beginning and to preserve what may be preserved… For the time comes of the Dominion of Men…’”
20R+25

I *think* this card is worthy of R+ status. I dunno. Let me know what you think.

1 ∙Sceptre of Annúminas Gondor
Artifact ∙ Staff
Bearer must be Aragorn, Elendil, or Isildur.
While bearer is not the Ring-bearer, bearer is resistance +2.
At the start of the regroup phase, if you can spot less than 3 burdens and no threats, you may make up to 3 companions gain muster.
“’…the token of our kinship from afar…’”
20R+27

Here’s another good resistance booster. And, if you can keep control of your burdens and threats (no small feat), you can get some sweet muster, which translates to massive cycling and possible easy double-moves.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
NBarden
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:41 pm
menace64 wrote:
lol well, as a matter of fact, I originally had them written as returning back to the dead pile, but changed it at the last minute to out of play upon discarding to keep the rule of 9 from getting wacky.

But since y’all agree, I’ll change them back to dead pile! Thanks for the reviews.

All right. Like I said yesterday... today is Gondor!

Condition ∙ Support Area
Regroup: Spot Aragorn, Elendil, or Isildur with strength 11 or more to transfer this condition to him.
While borne by a companion, each companion (except the Ring-bearer) is resistance +1 for each Free Peoples culture you spot in the fellowship.
“’This is your realm… and it is your task to order its beginning and to preserve what may be preserved… For the time comes of the Dominion of Men…’”
20R+25

I *think* this card is worthy of R+ status. I dunno. Let me know what you think.

R+, condition, no. R+ and condition don’t go together. A condition, no matter how sweet, is to weak to get an R+ status. They’re just to easy to get rid of. But this is as good as it gets. Love the HttToG combo.

Artifact ∙ Staff
At the start of the regroup phase, if you can spot less than 3 burdens and no threats, you may make up to 3 companions gain muster.
20R+27

Drop the "While bearer is not the RB" and make it just a solid res +1, with another cool ability.

Here’s another good resistance booster. And, if you can keep control of your burdens and threats (no small feat), you can get some sweet muster, which translates to massive cycling and possible easy double-moves.
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:01 pm
menace64 wrote:
3 ∙Thorin Oakenshield, King of Durin’s Folk Dwarven
Companion ∙ Dwarf
Strength-8
Vitality-3
Resistance-6
To play, spot a Dwarf.
While you can spot 2 wounded companions, Thorin Oakenshield is damage +2.
While you can spot 3 wounded companions, Thorin Oakenshield may not be overwhelmed.
“’After that there were no dwarves left alive inside, and he took all their wealth for himself… we still mean to get it back, and to bring our curses home to Smaug – if we can.’”
20R+7

Solid, but I’d like another ability that triggers when Thorin is wounded. If he began at strength 7, the burrito would be even more amazing (and elegant, which I seem to be going on a lot about these days) if his first ability was ’While Thorin Oakenshield is wounded, he is strength +2.’

menace64 wrote:
3 ∙Orcrist Dwarven
Artifact ∙ Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf. When played on Thorin Oakenshield, Orcrist’s twilight cost is -1.
Bearer is damage +1 (or damage +3 while skirmishing an Orc).
At the start of the regroup phase, if bearer did not lose a skirmish at this site, you may remove a Shadow token or discard a minion stacked on a condition or possession.
“’I will keep this sword in honour,’ he said. ‘May it soon cleave goblins once again!’”
20R+5

People have complained to me in the past about Orcrist, because Sting and Glamdring are both possessions, so it makes sense for Orcrist to be as well. I would also reduce the cost to 2 (and lose the reduction) to fit Beater better (which after all is supposed to be more powerful than Biter), and then it’s fine. I might even make it ’Bearer must be Thorin’ to fit the other two even closer.

menace64 wrote:
0 ∙Balin’s Tomb Dwarven
Condition ∙ Support Area
To play, stack a Dwarf from your dead pile here. If this condition is discarded, return that Dwarf to the dead pile.
20R4

Seems like it could be very powerful, avoiding the rule of 9, but I love the way you entomb the companions! I think it would be better, though, if the effect was more ’dwarfish’ (like the Gondor one below does healing, which is very gondorian) like damage +1 or strength +1.

menace64 wrote:
Condition ∙ Support Area
To play, stack a Gondor Man from your dead pile here. If this condition is discarded, return that Man to your dead pile.
20R24

Twice may be too much for a card that avoids the rule of 9 and costs 0. I think once could be enough (though I’m unsure) but solid.

menace64 wrote:
Condition ∙ Support Area
20R+25

Don’t think I can complain, but I think the first line of text is superfluous - after all, it does nothing when not borne by Aragorn, Elendil or Isildur.

menace64 wrote:
Artifact ∙ Staff
20R+27

Awesome card. Might try and make it cost 2 with a vitality bonus to fit in with most other staffs, but still awesome.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
menace64
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:22 pm
Well, the thing with Thorin (and this is speaking just from flavor’s standpoint) is that he wasn’t really "wounded" until his death at the Battle of Five Armies. He was always advocating revenge for past injuries, for the torment and death of his fellows. I was originally going to make him spot other wounded companions, but I wanted him to always be included in his own goals, so let him remain spottable as well.

Now, for Orcrist, I made it an artifact because, honestly, a plain old possession just wouldn’t fit in a Reflections set. This is one of those times (like Dain said in one of his threads) where the blunders of Decipher shouldn’t reflect on my own cards. I mean, Phial of Galadriel began as an Elven possession. Then it became an Elven artifact. Now it’s a Shire artifact. What’s up with that? These things change, and I believe that instead of downgrading Orcrist to a possession, Glamdring (and perhaps Sting, but it was only ever a dagger of Gondolin... nothing super-special) should become an artifact.

I will drop the cost to 2 and delete the -1 clause. However, I’d like to keep it for any Dwarf, on account of two things: First, that Orcrist was found and then claimed by Thorin... any Dwarf could have claimed it if he found it first. Second, that Dwarven possessions tend to have any bearer instead of being limited to Gimli or Durin or whoever. I wanted to keep Orcrist in the cultural style.

Now, you raise an amazingly simple point on Balin’s Tomb. I knew that resistance modifiers weren’t really in the Dwarven repertoire but I went with it anyways. When you suggested that I go with damage or strength bonuses, I was reluctant. (I’ll come back to this in a second.)

I do agree that healing twice is, ultimately, too powerful for Gilraen’s Memorial. In fact, I’m going to pull it away from healing altogether and focus on something that is uniquely *not* Gondor. This is why I wanted Balin’s Tomb to be for resistance, and I think I’ll redesign all my tomb cards in like fashion - to give each culture something that is normally not available to them. I think this is balanced through the required loss of a companion.

Thanks for the reviews. Dancing
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards