LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Which Culture would you like to see next?

One Ring  
10%
  [ 1 ]  10%

Dwarven  
20%
  [ 2 ]  20%

Elven  
20%
  [ 2 ]  20%

Gandalf  
10%
  [ 1 ]  10%

Gollum  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Gondor  
20%
  [ 2 ]  20%

Men  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Orc  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Rohan  
10%
  [ 1 ]  10%

Sauron  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Shire  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Uruk-hai  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Wraith  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Adventure Path  
10%
  [ 1 ]  10%

Total Votes : 10
menace64
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:02 pm
I’m against Troll-den being unique because it already slows its owner down enough from taking 3-4 turns to pull off one single Troll drop. Sure, the potential strength bonus is rather high, but at 3 per condition (and conditions have a habit of disappearing anyhow), I think it’s acceptable to be non-unique.

I’ll fix that wording on Balchoth.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
Thranduil
Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:01 pm
You’re running away with this set! I want to review the cards, but they go by so quickly by the time I see them, you’ve already moved on, with the result that I now don’t really have the time.

I’ll get to them, eventually. Wink

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:42 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
yeah even I am not getting it reviewing all of them.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
menace64
Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:50 pm
I will try my darndest to keep things to 1 update a day.

Anywho. The two new cards, kind of randomly pulled from the list.

3 ∙Thranduil, King of Mirkwood Elven
Companion ∙ Elf
Strength-6
Vitality-4
Resistance-6
When played at a forest site, Thranduil’s twilight cost is -1.
Maneuver: If Thranduil is at a forest site (or if you can spot 4 Elves), exert him to make up to 2 minions lose all damage bonuses until the regroup phase.
“’The Elvenking is my friend, and he has succoured the people of the Lake in their need, though they had no claim but friendship on him…’”
20R11

Pretty simple guy, really. He doesn’t do a whole lot, but what he does do, he does well. Thranduil, with a stout 4 vitality at potentially 2 twilight, can shut down damage bonuses across the board and, if you play your cards right, stand up to beat down some minions. One of his best selling points is his versatility; he doesn’t require Elves to work, but things might be easier with his own kind around.

2 ∙Ufthak, Taken By the Great Spider Gollum
Possession ∙ Support Area
To play, spot Shelob. When you play Ufthak, add 3 Gollum tokens here.
Skirmish: Discard Ufthak (or remove a Gollum token here) to heal or exert Shelob.
“’D’you remember old Ufthak? We lost him for days. Then we found him in a corner; hanging up as he was, but he was wide awake and glaring. How we laughed! She’d forgotten him, maybe, but we didn’t touch him – no good interfering with Her.’”
20R20

Don’t be fooled... this fellow isn’t a minion!
He’s a nice, plump, juicy possession for the great She-spider! All he does is provide a bit of breathing room, a morsel of a meal, for Shelob to use in whichever way suits her best.

I will *try* to hold off the next set of spoilers until tomorrow. Mr. Green
Last edited by menace64 on Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:49 am; edited 1 time in totalRiddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
NBarden
Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:11 pm
menace64 wrote:

Companion ∙ Elf
Strength-6
Vitality-4
Resistance-6
Maneuver: If at a forest site (or if you can spot 4 Elves), exert Thranduil to make up to 2 minions lose all damage bonuses until the regroup phase.
“’The Elvenking is my friend, and he has succoured the people of the Lake in their need, though they had no claim but friendship on him…’”
20R11

Basically, an extra vitality for a 2 companion, when played right. Ick. This card is worthless.

Pretty simple guy, really. He doesn’t do a whole lot, but what he does do, he does well. Thranduil, with a stout 4 vitality at potentially 2 twilight, can shut down damage bonuses across the board and, if you play your cards right, stand up to beat down some minions. One of his best selling points is his versatility; he doesn’t require Elves to work, but things might be easier with his own kind around.

Skirmish: Discard Ufthak (or remove a Gollum token here) to heal Shelob or make her strength +1.
“’D’you remember old Ufthak? We lost him for days. Then we found him in a corner; hanging up as he was, but he was wide awake and glaring. How we laughed! She’d forgotten him, maybe, but we didn’t touch him – no good interfering with Her.’”
20R20

UFTHAK!!!!!!! w00t!!!!!!! Anyone who remembers knows that I love to make DCs of him. But I usually make minions...can we see a minion version? IMO, make it say heal or exert Shelob. B/C exerting her makes most copies nice and big.

Don’t be fooled... this fellow isn’t a minion!
He’s a nice, plump, juicy possession for the great She-spider! All he does is provide a bit of breathing room, a morsel of a meal, for Shelob to use in whichever way suits her best.

I will *try* to hold off the next set of spoilers until tomorrow. Mr. Green
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
menace64
Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:41 pm
I know Thranduil isn’t the *best* Elf to ever see print (and I’m glad to say he’s not), but he certainly isn’t useless. Any damage deck can get shut down by him alone with one exertion; remember that Elves don’t naturally deal with damage bonuses well.

"Oh you play Uruk Outrider and some other minion that’s got a whopping damage bonus. All right. I exert Thranduil. Now they’re both neutered."

Like all other well-balanced cards, Thranduil has a specific purpose; he isn’t the best at everything and I wouldn’t want him to be.

As for Ufthak, I wont be making him into a minion for Reflections 2. At this point in his life, he’s nothing more than a warm meal for Shelob. If I made an Orc out of him, he’d be in the Orc culture, because up until his capture he had nothing to do with Shelob.
Riddle 9

Who am I?
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:16 pm
menace64 wrote:
0 ∙Gilraen’s Memorial Gondor
Condition ∙ Support Area
To play, stack a Gondor Man from your dead pile here. If this condition is discarded, return that Man to your dead pile.
At the start of each of your turns, you may spot an unwounded Gondor Man to make a Shadow player discard one of his or her conditions.
“’This is our last parting, Estel, my son. I am aged by care… I cannot face the darkness of our time that gathers upon Middle-earth.’”
20R24

I don’t see why companions of a particular culture dying and being remembered should give you effects that are outside a culture’s specification. And Gondor condition removal is incredibly dangerous - once they have that, they basically have everything.

menace64 wrote:
4 ∙Curunír, Of the White Council Gandalf
Companion ∙ Wizard
Strength-8
Vitality-4
Resistance-5
Each time you play a Free Peoples event (except during a skirmish), you may exert Curunír to shuffle up to 2 Shadow cards from your discard pile into your draw deck.
“’”How long, I wonder, have you concealed from me, the head of the Council, a matter of greatest import?”’”
20R+15

I think his symbol should be the White Hand Isengard because he never had much affiliation for Gandalf the way Radagast did or Barliman. As it is, I’d be tempted to lower his resistance to 4 or 3 and take out the parentheses, partly because it makes the card nicer to look at, and also because it makes sense for him to have less resistance than Boromir.

menace64 wrote:
3 ∙Saruman, Sharkey Men
Minion ∙ Wizard
Strength-6
Vitality-3
Site Number-4
Lurker.
While you can spot another minion, Saruman may not take wounds.
Regroup: Exert Saruman and discard a possession from hand to take control of a site (if that site is a dwelling or sanctuary).
“’Still I have already done much that you will find it hard to mend or undo in your lives. And it will be pleasant to think of that and set it against my injuries.’”
20R+29

For Sharkey, surely his site number should be 2 or 3 for appearing in the Shire? I’d also rephrase the ability to: ’Exert Saruman and discard a possession from hand to take control of a dwelling or sanctuary’ which I think is nicer, if not especially clearer.

menace64 wrote:
7 ∙Balchoth, Terrible and Tall Men
Minion ∙ Man
Strength-13
Vitality-3
Site Number-4
Damage +1. When you play Balchoth, you may play a Men condition from your discard pile.
Each time Balchoth wins a skirmish, add a threat.
Each time you play a Men event, you may play a Men Man from your hand; his twilight cost is -1 for each threat you spot (limit -3).
“…Balchoth, having built many great boats and rafts on the east shores of Anduin, swarmed over the River and swept away the defenders.”
20R+28

For such an expensive guy, I think I’d remove the limit (especially because you have to have it in hand). Interesting card.

menace64 wrote:
3 Troll-den Orc
Condition ∙ Support Area
Each Troll is strength +1 for each other Troll you can spot.
At the start of each of your shadow phases, you may remove 3 to add an Orc token here.
Shadow: Spot an Orc Orc and remove 2 Orc tokens here to play a Troll from your draw deck or discard pile; its twilight cost is -4.
“’…but there is something else there. A great cave-troll, I think, or more than one. There is no hope of escape that way.’”
20R+36

This card should probably be unique, because of the first ability, or it could get quite ridiculous. Then you could easily take it down to 2. I’m not really feeling this card like some of your other ones - it seems like that kind of permanent effect is out of place on a token condition.

menace64 wrote:
Companion ∙ Elf
Strength-6
Vitality-4
Resistance-6
Maneuver: If at a forest site (or if you can spot 4 Elves), exert Thranduil to make up to 2 minions lose all damage bonuses until the regroup phase.
20R11

I think he would be a lot better making up to 2 minions lose all gametext keywords, though then you would probably have to take out the parentheses (and maybe throw in a minor spotting requirement, which I think he might need anyway) to make it harder to pull off (which I might recommend regardless, so that it becomes more of a focused strategy that wants forest sites rather than a throw-down in Elven decks).

menace64 wrote:
Skirmish: Discard Ufthak (or remove a Gollum token here) to heal Shelob or make her strength +1.
20R20

I also wouldn’t mind this card saying ’exert or heal’, but a very interesting concept and nicely executed. Given that it spots Shelob to play, it could probably cost 1.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:22 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
menace64 wrote:

Companion ∙ Elf
Strength-6
Vitality-4
Resistance-6
20R11
problem is, I think his versatility is somewhat limited. ad a hunter bonus and he is golden Thumbs Up

20R20

since most shelob’s are enduring, I don’t see much use for healing her... maybe or add 1
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:52 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Nitpick: Thranduil needs to say "If Thranduil is at a forest site...exert him..."

And he’s not bad. He’s an interesting twist, and would work great in the right meta. He’s like a protection companion. I like Ufthak, and agree that he should exert or heal Shelob.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:16 am
menace64 wrote:

TOO FAST MENACE!

7 ∙Balchoth, Terrible and Tall Men
Minion ∙ Man
Strength-13
Vitality-3
Site Number-4
Damage +1. When you play Balchoth, you may play a Men condition from your discard pile.
Each time Balchoth wins a skirmish, add a threat.
Each time you play a Men event, you may play a Men Man from your hand; his twilight cost is -1 for each threat you spot (limit -3).
“…Balchoth, having built many great boats and rafts on the east shores of Anduin, swarmed over the River and swept away the defenders.”
20R+28

Thats excessively good menace for 7 pool. He’s very cool but all i can say is he probably has too many good abilities.

3 Troll-den Orc
Condition ∙ Support Area
Each Troll is strength +1 for each other Troll you can spot.
At the start of each of your shadow phases, you may remove 3 to add an Orc token here.
Shadow: Spot an Orc Orc and remove 2 Orc tokens here to play a Troll from your draw deck or discard pile; its twilight cost is -4.
“’…but there is something else there. A great cave-troll, I think, or more than one. There is no hope of escape that way.’”
20R+36

Needs unique. Sorry to say it again m64, i agree with Thran, cust to 2 then as well.

Companion ∙ Elf
Strength-6
Vitality-4
Resistance-6
20R11

Really cool. Cant tell you how useful i would find this card. Id give him muster or something a teeny bit extra to make him worthy of being king of mirkwood. But sweet menace!

20R20

Fine.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards