LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open
sickleofvalar
Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:14 pm
That’s true, I didn’t take that into account. But, you could just throw in a couple of Elendil’s Valor to compensate for that loss of defender +x that you have in Heir of Elendil.
"What! a furrier, a man that calls rabbits conies, when he doesn't turn their skins into squirrels?"
-Bilbo Baggins on Beorn
Excerpt from "The Hobbit"
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:33 pm
sickleofvalar wrote:
That’s true, I didn’t take that into account. But, you could just throw in a couple of Elendil’s Valor to compensate for that loss of defender +x that you have in Heir of Elendil.

Yeah, but then you’re using up more card slots.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
sickleofvalar
Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:40 pm
I was just looking to save vitality for skirmishes against multiple minions (or against a possible damage +x minion). Defender +3, 1 vitality Aragorn vs. four Uruks? I don’t think so... Smile
"What! a furrier, a man that calls rabbits conies, when he doesn't turn their skins into squirrels?"
-Bilbo Baggins on Beorn
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:14 pm
sickleofvalar wrote:
I was just looking to save vitality for skirmishes against multiple minions (or against a possible damage +x minion). Defender +3, 1 vitality Aragorn vs. four Uruks? I don’t think so... Smile

That’s what RotN is awesome at - sacrificing himself so that the Ring-bearer can live. This one companion can take care of the 4 biggest minions.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
sickleofvalar
Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:19 pm
Very true, that is the whole reason that companions exist. I have one last argument; he would stay in play longer if you simply used a "non-exertion" defender +1 Aragorn (aka Heir of Elendil). I think that you could save Aragorn and the ringbearer’s bacon if you did that. If you were to sacrifice Aragorn early on, then you’re down on a significant companion (being that he has his bow to further the carnage of minion elimination) Very Happy
-Bilbo Baggins on Beorn
unlimited_08
Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:18 am
I do got a couple of the valient men of the west in there to help with the defender+1 and the 1 wound in case of no armor but even against 4 minions with armor u only take 1 wound right?
Cobra
Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:38 am
That’s right -- with Armor, all wounds after the first are prevented, regardless of where the wounds are coming from (one minion, multiple minions, events like Red Wrath, etc.)

Of course, if you’re fighting four minions the main problem will be avoiding the overwhelm. Laughing
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open