LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:56 am
Thranduil wrote:

4 Conflagration Orc
Event • Skirmish
Make an Orc Orc not assigned to a skirmish gain fierce, damage +1, terror 1 and ambush 2 until the regroup phase.
... out of the gates poured a multitude of Orcs...
H3 R 91

Dont think the ambush is appropriate or necessary, the card rocks without it.

3 Desecration Orc
Event • Skirmish
Spot 2 Orc Orcs and discard a card from hand to discard a card borne by a companion skirmishing one of those minions.
Then Nar turned the head and saw branded on the brow in Dwarfrunes so that he could read it the name AZOG.
H3 R 92

Cut cost to 2 and id still say except an artifact.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:50 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

4 Conflagration Orc
Event • Skirmish
Make an Orc Orc not assigned to a skirmish gain fierce, damage +1, terror 1 and ambush 2 until the regroup phase.
... out of the gates poured a multitude of Orcs...
H3 R 91
give the freeps a way to prevent, maybe discard a companion skirmishing an orc?

3 Desecration Orc
Event • Skirmish
Spot 2 Orc Orcs and discard a card from hand to discard a card borne by a companion skirmishing one of those minions.
Then Nar turned the head and saw branded on the brow in Dwarfrunes so that he could read it the name AZOG.
H3 R 92

cut cost to 2. or maybe give it toil 1-2
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:23 pm
lem0nhead wrote:
Dont think the ambush is appropriate or necessary, the card rocks without it.

It’s a major element of the Warg and mount subcultures, and it supports all these huge events, so I’d like to leave it in. I’ll reduce it to 1 though.

Thanks all!

Now for some more events:

0 Infuriation Orc
Event • Skirmish
Spot X Orc minions assigned to a skirmish to add [X]. Then, the Free Peoples player chooses one of those minions. You may discard that minion to add 2.
’If beggars will not wait at the door, but sneak in to try thieving, that is what we do to them.’
H3 C 101

2 Retaliation Orc
Event • Response
If an Orc minion loses a skirmish, you may choose the next skirmish to be resolved (except for a skirmish involving the Ring-bearer).
... it was a dark day of winter without sun...
H3 R 105

Noticing a theme in the titles of my events? Very Happy

And, I said that City of Evil was part of a horizontal cycle. Well, here’s the Orc version:

1 • The Underdeep Orc
Condition • Support Area
At the start of the maneuver phase, the Free Peoples player may exert a companion to Unlock this condition until the regroup phase.
Each Orc minion is strength +1 (or +2 if that minion is an Orc).
Locked: At the start of each phase, each Orc minion is Locked until the end of that phase.
H3 R 108

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:01 am
Thranduil wrote:

0 Infuriation Orc
Event • Skirmish
Spot X Orc minions assigned to a skirmish to add [X]. Then, the Free Peoples player chooses one of those minions. You may discard that minion to take into hand an Orc event from your discard pile.
’If beggars will not wait at the door, but sneak in to try thieving, that is what we do to them.’
H3 C 101

Hmmm there doesnt sem to be enough of a downside to this. Just straight up easy pool adding. Gotta have some drawback, like you HAVe to discard that minion or something.

2 Retaliation Orc
Event • Response
If an Orc minion loses a skirmish, you may choose the next skirmish to be resolved (except for a skirmish involving the Ring-bearer).
H3 R 105

Noticing a theme in the titles of my events? Very Happy

Words ending in ’tion’? How about Constipation or Retardation as your next 2? Razz

1 • The Underdeep Orc
Condition • Support Area
At the start of the maneuver phase, the Free Peoples player may exert a companion to Unlock this condition until the regroup phase.
Locked: At the start of each phase, each Orc minion is Locked until the end of that phase.
H3 R 108

Balanced cos its unique.

Thranduil
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:31 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
lem0nhead wrote:
Thranduil wrote:
0 Infuriation Orc
Event • Skirmish
Spot X Orc minions assigned to a skirmish to add [X]. Then, the Free Peoples player chooses one of those minions. You may discard that minion to take into hand an Orc event from your discard pile.
H3 C 101

Hmmm there doesnt sem to be enough of a downside to this. Just straight up easy pool adding. Gotta have some drawback, like you HAVe to discard that minion or something.

That plus you have a potential loop as it is right now. If one of these is already in the discard pile, you can discard a cheap minion to play this same event again (for free!) and add more twilight. Granted, it’s less effective since you’re one minion short now, but that kind of loop is just BEGGING to be exploited in all kinds of broken ways. I would make the FP spotting optional, or require this event to discard a minion as part of the cost and skip the FP part altogether.

Thranduil wrote:
2 Retaliation Orc
Event • Response
H3 R 105

Nifty. Looks fine to me.

Thranduil wrote:
1 • The Underdeep Orc
Condition • Support Area
H3 R 108

Um...okay. This locking/unlocking is starting to hurt my head lately, though.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:09 am
Changed Infuriation so that it adds more twilight instead of recurring events. The reason I don’t think it needs another cost like discarding the minion to add the twilight in the first place is because you’re wasting a card in order to allow you to use some skirmish events, which doesn’t seem to me to be all that good.

I think this is likely to be my last post until after Christmas, because I’m going to Coventry tomorrow for a week. So, I’ll begin a fun theme of the Orc culture. You may remember site stacking from the Battle of the Five Armies (which you can find at this link and here for Smaug’s generic take on it) and here is an extension of that strategy. You will probably notice the theme very quickly:

6 • Host of the Underdeeps Orc
Minion • Orc
Str: 14
Vit: 3
Sit: 4
When you play this minion, you may spot an Orc Orc to stack a site from your adventure deck here.
Shadow: Discard an underground site stacked here to play an Orc Orc from your discard pile.
At last all the Orcs that fled before them were gathered in Moria...
H3 C 100

7 • Host of Gundabad Orc
Minion • Orc
Str: 15
When you play this minion, you may spot an Orc Orc to stack a site from your adventure deck here.
Maneuver: Discard a mountain site stacked here to add 2 and draw a card.
Both sides were pitiless, and there was death and cruel deeds by dark and by light.
H3 C 97

8 • Host of the Misty Mountains Orc
Minion • Orc
Vit: 4
This minion’s twilight cost is -1 for each site stacked on an Orc minion.
This minion’s twilight cost is -1 for each Orc condition borne by a companion.
But a great host of foes was arrayed on the slopes above them...
H3 R 99

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:21 am
Thranduil wrote:

I think this is likely to be my last post until after Christmas, because I’m going to Coventry tomorrow for a week.

You been sent to Coventry? Razz

So, I’ll begin a fun theme of the Orc culture. You may remember site stacking from the Battle of the Five Armies (which you can find at this link)

There is no link!

Minion • Orc
Shadow: Discard an underground site stacked here to play an Orc Orc from your discard pile.
H3 C 100

O no! bloody stacking sites on minions again i thought we’d got passed that! Darn it. If i ignore my bias, this card seems fine but useless if you dont have more ways to stack sites on him. Cos he only gets 1 minion back with no other ability. And the only point would be for swarm but he costs 6 anyway. Also why not just say when you play him play a minion from your discard, saves you all that pointless wording when all youll do is stack a site there then discard it to play a minion, same effect different long winded means.

7 • Host of Gundabad Orc
Minion • Orc
Both sides were pitiless, and there was death and cruel deeds by dark and by light.
H3 C 97

Same point as above really but seems fine.

Minion • Orc
H3 R 99

So this guy makes the others slightly more useful and relevant, but doesnt do a lot more than come out possibly cheaper. Alright though.

Thranduil
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:52 am
lem0nhead wrote:
You been sent to Coventry? Razz

Or rather, I chose to go! Razz There’s a conference happening in Warwick University for a week, and that’s where I’ll be.

lem0nhead wrote:
There is no link!

You are of course right as usual. But now there is! Embarassed

lem0nhead wrote:
O no! bloody stacking sites on minions again i thought we’d got passed that!

And as I already tried to explain, it’s like these armies of Orcs are rampaging and pillaging the sites that are stacked on them, and so they take them out of play as if you were controlling it.

lem0nhead wrote:
Darn it. If i ignore my bias, this card seems fine but useless if you dont have more ways to stack sites on him. Cos he only gets 1 minion back with no other ability. And the only point would be for swarm but he costs 6 anyway. Also why not just say when you play him play a minion from your discard, saves you all that pointless wording when all youll do is stack a site there then discard it to play a minion, same effect different long winded means.

You’re right (except not quite, because it involves you having underground sites in your adventure deck), but there are quite a number of ways to throw more sites on them, and had the link been present when you reviewed these cards, you could have clicked on it and found out! Razz

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:59 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
Changed Infuriation so that it adds more twilight instead of recurring events.

Fair enough. Thumbs Up

Thranduil wrote:
I think this is likely to be my last post until after Christmas, because I’m going to Coventry tomorrow for a week.

Well then, a very Merry Christmas to you, my friend. Very Happy

Thranduil wrote:
Minion • Orc
H3 C 100

Oh dear...site stacking again. I guess this is okay, though.

Thranduil wrote:
7 • Host of Gundabad Orc
Minion • Orc
H3 C 97

Okay.

Thranduil wrote:
Minion • Orc
H3 R 99

Not bad, not bad.

With comments like these, I guess you didn’t really need my review. Razz
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:01 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Minion • Orc
H3 C 100
on this minion instead of here maybe?

my only comment. all others looked fine
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards