LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:42 am
Those are the hosts for now, though more will come later in different threads.

Now to finish off the Orc culture in this theme before moving swiftly onto the Dwarven cards. These ones are obviously fitting in with the ’drawing obscene amounts of cards’ and site-stacking themes.

3 Moria Fighter Orc
Minion • Orc
Str: 12
Vit: 1
Sit: 4
To play, discard 2 cards from hand.
Each time this minion wins a skirmish, you may spot another Orc minion to draw a card.
… and they outnumbered their enemies…
H3 U 102

2 Moria Legionnaire Orc
Minion • Orc
Str: 4
While you can spot 3 Orc minions, this minion is strength +1 for each card in your hand.
… the Orcs did not waver…
H3 C 103

4 Moria Watcher Orc
Minion • Orc
Str: 10
Vit: 2
To play, spot an Orc minion.
At the start of each skirmish involving this minion, you may transfer a stacked site to it.
… and they had the higher ground.
H3 U 104

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:56 pm; edited 2 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:02 am
Thranduil wrote:

3 Moria Fighter Orc
Minion • Orc
Str: 12
To play, discard 2 cards from hand.
Each time this minion wins a skirmish, you may spot another Orc minion to draw a card.
… and they outnumbered their enemies…
H3 U 102

Fine.

2 Moria Legionnaire Orc
Minion • Orc
Str: 4
While you can spot 3 Orc minions, this minion is strength +1 for each card you have in hand.
… the Orcs did not waver…
H3 C 103

Phrase it "each card in your hand" its easier and nicer.

4 Moria Watcher Orc
Minion • Orc
Str: 10
Vit: 2
To play, spot an Orc minion.
At the start of each skirmish involving this minion, you may transfer a stacked site to it.
… and they had the higher ground.

Hmmmm, no comment!

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:57 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Darn that juicy fruit...he already said everything! Curses!
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:30 pm
Wow, such a lack of controversy I don’t know whether to be pleased or disappointed. Razz

So, moving onto my favourite culture which is obviously Dwarven, but sticking with the Azanulbizar theme (hence the current title of this thread):

3 • Nar, Old Companion Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Str: 7
Vit: 3
Res: 6
Locked: While Nar bears an artifact, he is strength and resistance +2.
Nar begged him to beware, but he took no heed of him, and walked proudly in as an heir that returns.
H3 U 17

Just a pretty generic take on the Locking and artifact strategies of the Dwarves.

2 • Nain, Son of Gror Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Str: 5
Vit: 4
Res: 7
To play, spot a Dwarf.
Each time Nain takes a threat wound in the skirmish phase, you may wound a minion assigned to him.
Then Nain stood before the Gate and cried with a great voice, ’Azog, if you are in come out! Or is the play in the valley too rough?’
H3 U 16

Next time some funky events to go along with this.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:38 pm; edited 2 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:36 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
2 • Nar, Old Companion Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Nar begged him to beware, but he took no heed of him, and walked proudly in as an heir that returns.
H3 U 17

The subtitle makes me laugh. Laughing Might want to change that. I’d also insert a "+2" after "strength" for clarity. Seems okay otherwise, though. Nothing groundbreaking, but a very nice companion if you do things right.

Oh, 2/7/3? I’m going to remind you of this next time you critique my use of hunter. Razz

Thranduil wrote:
Companion • Dwarf
To play, spot a Dwarf.
Each time Nain takes a threat wound in the skirmish phase, you may wound a minion assigned to him.
Then Nain stood before the Gate and cried with a great voice, ’Azog, if you are in come out! Or is the play in the valley too rough?’
H3 U 16

Kind of a meh ability, but on the other hand, he can take a little abuse like that since he has 4 vitality. Maybe give him a rare-for-Dwarves 7 resistance.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:39 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Oh, 2/7/3? I’m going to remind you of this next time you critique my use of hunter. Razz

It was mistake I tell you! A MISTAKE! Razz

Honestly, he was supposed to be 3. Been really careless with typos recently. Oh well.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:14 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

Companion • Dwarf
H3 U 17
works

Just a pretty generic take on the Locking and artifact strategies of the Dwarves.

Companion • Dwarf
To play, spot a Dwarf.
H3 U 16

WT....I can’t wait for the events. Speak to the hand
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:58 am
Thranduil wrote:

Companion • Dwarf
H3 U 17

Id do what Dain siad and add +2 for clarity. Could make him damage +1?

Companion • Dwarf
To play, spot a Dwarf.
H3 U 16

Erm interesting, i like it but not ground breaking.

Thranduil

DáinIronfoot wrote:

Fantastic LOL very ironic!
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:51 am
As long as you realise, lem0n, that Nar was in fact intended to be a 3 cost companion! I won’t have my intentions misinterpreted like that! Razz

Here are some slightly strange Dwarf pumps taken from the battle:

2 Late and Fresh Dwarven
Event • Skirmish
Make a Dwarf strength +3. If that Dwarf wins the skirmish, you may heal him.
... the mailed warriors of Nain, Gror’s son, drove through the Orcs to the very threshold of Moria, crying ’Azog! Azog!’ as they hewed down with their mattocks all who stood in their way.
H3 C 13

1 Matchless Weapons Dwarven
Event • Skirmish
Add a threat to make a Dwarf strength +1 for each artifact and possession he bears. Then, you may discard a possession he bears to make him damage +1 (or discard an artifact he bears to make him damage +2).
H3 C 15

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:15 am
Thranduil wrote:
As long as you realise, lem0n, that Nar was in fact intended to be a 3 cost companion! I won’t have my intentions misinterpreted like that! Razz

Yeah i saw ur correction i just thought it was a funny mistake to make after all ive seen (and often agreed with) about Dain’s cards!

Here are some slightly strange Dwarf pumps taken from the battle:

2 Late and Fresh Dwarven
Event • Skirmish
Make a Dwarf strength +3. If that Dwarf wins the skirmish, you may heal him.
... the mailed warriors of Nain, Gror’s son, drove through the Orcs to the very threshold of Moria, crying ’Azog! Azog!’ as they hewed down with their mattocks all who stood in their way.
H3 C 13

Sweeeeet.

0 Matchless Weapons Dwarven
Event • Skirmish
Add 2 threats to make a Dwarf strength +1 for each artifact and possession he bears. Then, you may discard one of those possessions or artifacts to make him damage +2.
H3 C 15

Theres already a card that makes him +1 for each thing he bears aint there? Anyway this is sound. Maybe cost 1 and add a threat? Or is this part of a choke theme?

Thranduil

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards