LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Gameplay Questions
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:08 pm
Hostility.

What does it trigger for?

Saying I had good old Brion out, and sacked something to deal damage. Would Hostility convert that damage to creatures? Because Brion is a spell, and HE is dealing damage? But then wouldn’t Hostility convert combat damage to creatures?

Or does it just affect cards like Incinerate’s damage?

What about other abilities, like on Chandra?

Am I reading this card too much like a LotR player?
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:14 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Not really, but DO read it as a LotR player, it’s straightforward as it seems. Is Brion a spell? WHILE ON THE STACK, he is, but as soon as he hits play, he’s no longer a spell, he’s a permanent/creature/giant/legendary creature/etc..., but NOT a spell. Keldon Marauders damage, would be converted to Elementals? No. He COMES INTO PLAY (thus becoming a creature), and THEN deals damage. If his text was something bizarre like "when you play Keldon Marauders, deal 1 damage to target player", then he’d still be on the stack while the effect resolved, thus he WOULD be a spell. So, in short terms, Tarfires, Incinerates, Disintegrates, Molten Disasters and such become elementals, but not stuff like Brion’s abiity. Got it? Wink
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Gameplay Questions