LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
NappyKorn
Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:00 pm
This is probab;y going to rate as the stupid question on the face of the boards, but since I have asked some pretty dumb ones in the past I will ask this since noone else has that I know of.

Can you use an ARB as a normal non-ring bearing character?

Example: I uses Boromir as my ring-bearer so can I use Islidur, Bearer of Heirlooms as a normal character?

The only reason I ask is because their texts. For example Galadriel, Bearer of Wisdom says that if she bearers an artifact or the one ring shes is resistance +1 for each elf companion you can spot. I was wondering why they would even add the artifact part if she is going to bear the one ring everytime she is played. Why just not say she is resistance +1 for each elf companon you can spot if she has to be the ring-bearer. Anyway enouh of my babbling, I’m sure my answer will come and will have good explaination as always here. Thanks for reading and thanks to those who answer.
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:08 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Yes, you can use ARBs without them being the Ring-bearer. Only RBs with the actual keyword Ring-bearer can be used ONLY as the Ring-bearer.

I’ve often thought of using Boromir BoC as a non-RB companion...just haven’t gotten around to it yet.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
NappyKorn
Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:13 pm
Sweetness I have some new deck to construct then. I will jump on that later this evening Laughing
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants
NBarden
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:21 pm
NK, PLEASE try to post in the correct forum. Very Happy

Thanks!
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
OneFathom
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:46 am
Isn’t this an open lotr discussion thread? Seriously, though, who cares about that anyways? Does it really bother you that this post isn’t where you want it to be? That’s whack yo! Whizzack!
NBarden
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:10 pm
Actually, we have a specific forum for gameplay questions. Its better to post there so a newbie can have easier access to any questions on gameplay.’

Hey, I’m sorry for whatever I’m doing that’s irritating you all...if you could tell my why I’m irritating you, that’d be great.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Glamdring
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:27 pm
NappyKorn wrote:
Sweetness I have some new deck to construct then. I will jump on that later this evening Laughing

I actually tried creating a deck using the Ring-bearer Boromir as a companion, not the ring-bearer. It didn’t work out, sadly...
Great minds think alike.~CarpeGuitarrem
Rangers will rule the World!! (CC's Official Ranger Lover)
My Haves/Wants Please look!!

...much debate much hard feelings. ~SOP
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:45 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Glamdring wrote:
NappyKorn wrote:

I actually tried creating a deck using the Ring-bearer Boromir as a companion, not the ring-bearer. It didn’t work out, sadly...

Somebody wrote an article about that...
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:19 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
sop to the rescue with link
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:06 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Yes, that was the one. Pipsqueak...wow. That guy was around before me.

As a side question, ARBs are not by default ring-bound, unless they are the ring-bearer, right?
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion