LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Pipsqueak
Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:21 pm
Joined: 06 Jan 2006 Posts: 331 Location: A northerner down south
I’m hosting a new branch of DC contests in which we will be updating cards from older expansions into the new mechanics of the most previous War of the Ring block.

Now i know we have enough regular posters to host this kind of thing, so i’m gonna list the people who WILL participate in this event;

Me, myself, and I, tOO, Hazael, Phazanzar, Bilbo; RA, Exarkun, Anxious Chieftan, Adult Link, and a few others.
I’m only going to list these eight because that’s all we need to get the ball rolling. But i expect to have at least four more voluntary entries.

So, now that we all know what’s gonna happen, i’ll explain the full rules once i get eight people (and at least half of those eight had better be mentioned on the above list.)

OK, bye for now, but i WILL have at least four entrants by tommorow!
Long live the southern bros. Homage
syndrome
Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:33 pm
I can enter.
http://myspace/delicatesituation
Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:21 pm
If you must impose more socalled "contests" on us, then I guess that’d be okay. I’ll humor you. Cool
josiah_of_rohan
Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:49 am
Joined: 13 Aug 2005 Posts: 723 Location: Indianapolis,Indiana
ill enter...
my trade ist is here http://trade.mahasamatman.com/Rings/list_show.pl?user=keltnerj
Pipsqueak
Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:05 pm
Be careful what you say tOO. You wouldn’t want to get disqualified Cool.

Oh ya, I’ve got two people to add to my "will participate list".
Anonymous Prodigy, and Ingold55

Sorry that i forgot about you, Josiah...

OK, so i’ve got four entrants (including myself), not bad. But, to all newbies: 1: Please enter this contest immediately. Do not be Hesitant. 2: Tell your friends! 3: Have a heck load of fun!

I’d like to get this thing up and running today, but i don’t see us getting four more entrants in so little time Sad.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:13 pm
I’ll join, if you either A) spell my name correctly (it’s Chieftain, not Chieftan) Razz, or b) just call me AC for short (preferred). Wink
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Hazael
Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:14 pm
yup
im in
Some of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
exarrkun
Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:58 pm
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
I’ll join, if you either A) spell my name correctly (it’s Chieftain, not Chieftan) Razz, or b) just call me AC for short (preferred). Wink

yeah me too Very Happy
its exarrkun two r’s
(no offence dude Wink )
a story that has a happy ending is a story that isn't over yet...
Pipsqueak
Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:12 pm
Awesome! 7 entrants! But in cases where there is an odd number of people, i will sit out.
Hey, Sickleofvalar, are you in? If so, post it here. If not, and i don’t get anymore entrants by 8:00 pm tonight, then i’ll prepare for a six player contest.

OK, so check here tonight at 8:30-9:00 to see the rules and who you’re paired with.
Pipsqueak
Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:51 pm
Rules
Here are the rules for the Update to Standard contest #1:

Entrants will be paired in teams of two, each working to make a better updated card than his/her opponent.
All cards must be sent to me via pm by 11:59 pm wednesday. Failure to comply with this rule will result in disqualification.
If one person does not enter his/her card in time, i will take the place of that person in the contest. If anymore than one person does not enter his/her card in time, the partnerless people will receive automatic bypasses, and continue to the next round.
Format: Each pair will receive a card to make. Everyone from the other brackets and people that are not entered in the contest will vote for one person (whoever’s card they like best) from each bracket. I will tally the votes, and the winner’s will receive one Bracket Win.
Then I will display the winning cards, and everyone except the winners will vote for the card that they think is best.
That winner will receive a Universal Win.
With each new contest, i will show the records for each person. You can find out scores by using a Universal Win as 2 Points, and a Bracket Win as 1 point.

So without further ado, here we go; the contest has begun!

Bracket 1 {tOO vs. Josiah_of_Rohan}
Bracket 2 {Phazanzar vs. AC Wink}
Bracket 3 {Hazael vs. Exarrkun}

And here are the cards to make:
Bracket 1: Greatest Kingdom of My People
Try to use a specific culture of orc (or any other shadow race) instead of the broad term "orc". Also, maybe something more gut wrenching than discard the top card of your draw deck?

Bracket 2: Boromir, Son of Denethor
Use the new Hunter mechanic in his game text. It’s OK if you give it to him as well, but make it have something to do with helping hobbits out.

Bracket 3: No Stranger to the Shadows
You guys get the best one Wink. Basically, you just need to make it tournament legal. But also add something about initiative, eg. bonuses when you lose it, bonuses if you don’t.

All right then. I think all is in order. I will begin the voting stage at 11:00 am (approximately) on thursday, and will conclude it on Saturday at 11:00 am (approximately).
Have severe fun!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards