LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
michael knight
Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:55 pm
Joined: 13 Mar 2006 Posts: 105 Location: Above the Law, Ohio
Decipher just added demoralized to the standard format x list. What do you guys think about that? Lurker swarm was running over almost anything and everything, and they just tore the heart out of it. I think that just blew up several people’s decks, both online and off. I was hoping that Mountain troll would get the axe, because that card is really what broke the lurker decks.
I don’t think people are really concerned with Rapid Reload because it is totally condition based and easy enough to circumvent IMO. Everybody complained about it but I have yet to see a rapid reload deck win a tournament.
One Man Can Make A Difference
exarrkun
Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:04 pm
yes!!!
a story that has a happy ending is a story that isn't over yet...
michael knight
Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:27 pm
Here is the link to the new LOTR CRD:

http://decipher.fanhq.com/Resources/PDF/LOTR-CRD-EN.pdf

If that dosen’t work here is a link to the page:

http://forums.fanhq.com/viewtopic.php?t=54563
Cobra
Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:32 pm
I think that X-listing Demoralized was the right choice, because that sort of twilight-adding tends to break a lot of decks it touches. Laughing Better to go straight to the source than to worry about all the various "broken" deck possibilities and be limited in future card design as well.

Of course, Orcs need some other form of twilight addition now...
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
michael knight
Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:24 pm
I agree that something had to be done. But I just don’t think Demoralized was not the right way to go. Lurker decks were good, but not overly dominant before the Mountain Troll. Once the Troll came out the junk hit the fan. Sure, Rapid Reload/Demoralized is broken, but I have not seen it perform in one tourney. It is great in theory, but let; ssee it in pratice before we jusdge it too much. But The Troll deck was smacking everything around. You basically can’t play lurkers now, because the orcs are not powerful enough if they can’t generate twilight. You could try to run a swarm using Enemy upon enemy and add burdens to play the orcs off of that, but I still think that it would be medicore at best. Maybe that is what Decipher wants. level the playing field. Whatever. We have to think about the environment before Hunters? If lurkers were broken back then I agree with banning Demoralized. I dont think they were. The thing is that we could discuss this however long we want to, but I think that this decision will push more people away from LOTR than keep people here.
Bilbo, Retired Adventurer
Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:10 pm
michael knight wrote:
The thing is that we could discuss this however long we want to, but I think that this decision will push more people away from LOTR than keep people here.

I totally back that up. They have just successfully destroyed the Orc culture.It’s like they took Goblin Armory from Moria. Their mistake is that they didn’t see just how broken Troll was going to be before printing and now they can’t just take that back. They should’ve made a more balanced minion to help Orc be as competitive as Forest Nazgul.So the result is that I already know a man who preordered Trolls from Cobra and he also said that if Demoralized got banned he will stop playing.Shame on Decipher. Rolling Eyes
Pipsqueak
Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:11 pm
Joined: 06 Jan 2006 Posts: 331 Location: A northerner down south
Personally (and no offense is meant to anyone), i hate the [orc] culture’s guts. What a dumb idea to make a race just called "orc". Where’s the diversity? Does no one else see what i’m saying? When you could have origins, locations, and factions, instead you get a big fat "orc".
Long live the southern bros. Homage
Cobra
Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:57 pm
Bilbo, Retired Adventurer wrote:
I already know a man who preordered Trolls from Cobra and he also said that if Demoralized got banned he will stop playing.Shame on Decipher. Rolling Eyes

Just FYI, anyone can change or cancel their Hunters preorders anytime before the physical release.

Personally I’ve never liked sticking with one deck for very long, unless I was forced to due to lack of time or money. TCGs suddenly get a lot more interesting and fun when you switch decks... and if you’re a competitive player, you’d better know all the major decktypes inside and out so you’ll know how to beat them. Cool
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
michael knight
Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:02 pm
I am a big fan of multiple decks. I have 15 decks right now, many of which are posted over at the deck clinic Smile
Between me and my play group we have almost 30 decks, and we are constantly coming up with new ones. It keeps the game fresh to try new things and not know what to expect from your opponent. We often have tournaments where we will randomly pick a number corresponding to a deck, so we won’t know what we are getting. It is good times!! It’s like draft with constructed decks.
Bilbo, Retired Adventurer
Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:53 pm
Cobra wrote:

Just FYI, anyone can change or cancel their Hunters preorders anytime before the physical release.

Yeah I know that is what he is going to do.Just it’s the shame that yesterday he had a competitive deck,and now he doesn’t.You must understand that it can anger poeple.
As for varitety of decks i agree with you.I constantly play with different decks which I borrow because I have just constructed my first after a long period of absence, and i still have a lot of proxy.It’s just that most of the best players here don’t share that enthusiasm and play with same strong,usually Forest Nazgul, deck.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions