LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
menace64
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:13 am
First, I’m so happy to be back at CC! It feels like FOREVER!

Getting right to it, I’ve been really wanting to work on my oldest book idea, The Darkest: Dystopia, but I just haven’t felt motivated in the right way.

So I’m going to try my hand at some DCs based on this universe. Review if you’d like.

4 ∙Dekan, The Dark King Wraith
Minion - Man
Strength 10
Vitality 3
Site Number 4
When you play Dekan, name an Uprising character. Minions skirmishing that character are damage +1 until the regroup phase.
Non-unique Wraith minions are not roaming.
If you can spot another minion, Dekan may not be assigned to askirmish.
"’This brigand, this anarchistic terrorist, is to be shown no pity or sanctuary. Any person who finds him will be given property, property and wealth unimaginable. Do what your country would have of you. Find him.’"

(Uprising = Free Peoples)

0 ∙Brimm, First to Stand Gondor
Companion - Man
Strength 7
Vitality 4
Ringed Resistance 10
Leader.
Each time another companion becomes exhausted, add 2 burdens.
Regroup: Exert two Gondor companions to discard a wounded minion.
"’I would never let something happen to you. I started this, and I need to see it through to some end.’ Standing, Brimm again looked out from the small window. The city beyond was dark. ’Whatever happens, there will be an end.’"

(Leader = Ring-bearer)

Those are the "big" characters of the story. I’ll get some more up later.
Last edited by menace64 on Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in totalRiddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:26 am
menace64 wrote:

5 ∙Dekan, The Dark King Wraith
Minion - Man
Strength 10
Vitality 3
Site Number 4
When you play Dekan, name an Uprising character. Minions skirmishing that character are damage +1 until the regroup phase.
"’This brigand, this anarchistic terrorist, is to be shown no pity or sanctuary. Any person who finds him will be given property, property and wealth unimaginable. Do what your country would have of you. Find him.’"

Why is he useless if other minions are out?

Companion - Man
Strength 7
Vitality 4
Ringed Resistance 10
Leader.
Regroup: Exert two Gondor companions to discard an exhausted minion.
"’I would never let something happen to you. I started this, and I need to see it through to some end.’ Standing, Brimm again looked out from the small window. The city beyond was dark. ’Whatever happens, there will be an end.’"

The regroup ability is a bit too punishing. Exert once or make it exert 2 guys to discard a wounded minion not exhausted.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
NBarden
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:02 pm
menace64 wrote:
First, I’m so happy to be back at CC! It feels like FOREVER!

Getting right to it, I’ve been really wanting to work on my oldest book idea, The Darkest: Dystopia, but I just haven’t felt motivated in the right way.

So I’m going to try my hand at some DCs based on this universe. Review if you’d like.

5 ∙Dekan, The Dark King Wraith
Minion - Man
Strength 10
Vitality 3
Site Number 4

He likes having minions out, but when minions are out, he doesn’t like it? Cut the last ability and up cost to 6 and strength to 11.

(Uprising = Free Peoples)

Companion - Man
Strength 7
Vitality 4
Ringed Resistance 10
Leader.
Regroup: Exert two Gondor companions to discard an exhausted minion.

I’d exert two to discard a wounded minion.

(Leader = Ring-bearer)

Those are the "big" characters of the story. I’ll get some more up later.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:08 am
lem0nhead wrote:
Why is he useless if other minions are out?

Because his guards are protecting him - he is after all a King. Take his cost down if you want to keep that sentence - I definitely wouldn’t spend 5 on a minion that can’t fight.

lem0nhead wrote:
The regroup ability is a bit too punishing. Exert once or make it exert 2 guys to discard a wounded minion not exhausted.

I totally agree.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
menace64
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:41 pm
All right. I took Dekan’s cost down by 1 and made Brimm’s ability discard a wounded minion.

Next is a character I finally wrote a bit on yesterday: Oriel. Oriel is Dekan’s right-hand man, wholly indoctrinated into tyranny and blindly loyal. He’s got a creepiness to him that can’t really be described, but pervades everything he does. His role in this first book is small (he acts as little more than a messenger), but he becomes a key player in the second and third installments.

7 ∙Oriel, Clad in Sable Wraith
Minion - Man
Strength 12
Vitality 3
Site Number 2
Fierce. When you play Oriel, you may exert him to name a companion. While Oriel is assigned to skirmish the named companion, Oriel is strength +3 and damage +1.
Regroup: Exert Oriel twice to return a companion (except the Leader), and all cards on that companion, to its owner’s hand.
"The man, drawing even closer, appeared to smile from under his crimson hood. ’I am Oriel, personal guard of Dekan the King, sent to offer one Jude Noctinen the chance to free his wife...’"

2 Dark Deal Wraith
Condition
Resistance -3
To play, exert a Wraith minion. Bearer must be an unbound companion. Limit 1 per companion.
Each time an Uprising card is played or transferred to or from bearer, add a burden.
"’Give me the life of Brimm the disappeared terrorist and, in exchange, we will give you back your wife’s.’"
Last edited by menace64 on Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in totalRiddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
Thranduil
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:59 pm
Interesting strategy with named companions. Unless you have healing for these guys though, I think it’s silly for you to be unable to use both halves of the same card like that. I would suggest that you make some other cost for the first ability, like removing some threats or something (or whatever the Wraith culture does in this setting), then I’d be more likely to use him, I think.

As for Dark Deal, I’d prefer a cheaper card that did less, because at its current cost, I’m not sure I’d want to use it instead of playing a minion. I think reducing the cost and the resistance modifier would be a good deal, but interesting card.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
NBarden
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:22 pm
You seem to like the theory of "can’t have your cake and eat it too."

Razz Can’t use both of the abilities on the minion with current vitality. However, it strangely balances the card. I’d say you need to work fierce in there somehow, big mean minions aren’t worth that much unless they’re fierce. Matter of fact, just add on the fierce keyword, making the first ability more playable as well as compensating for the hit-and-miss kind of ability using.

As is, I’d drop the condition to 2, but if you have cards that shift cards around on comps, then leave it where is.

AND I KNOW WHAT THE ANSWER TO YOUR RIDDLE IS! I think. Is it an atom?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
menace64
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:43 pm
I do like cards that give you options, but don’t let you use all of them at once. Fierce will work well on Oriel, I think. And I’ll drop the cost to 2 on the condition.

As for the riddle, I know someone guessed atom a while back and I told them that was wrong; the *real* answer is the "empty" space that makes up the vast majority of an atom... but I guess that’s just too specific.
Riddle 9

Who am I?
menace64
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:52 pm
And now a few cards from the ending of the first book.

0 ∙Unmoving Wraith
Condition - Support Area
At the start of the assignment phase, transfer this condition to a wounded companion of the Uprising player’s choice.
Bearer may not be assigned to a skirmish.
Discard this condition if another companion dies (or at the start of the regroup phase).
"No one moved. No shuffling of restless viewers; no coughs, no words."

0 ∙The Crimson Pistol Wraith
Possession - Ranged Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be Dekan.
At the start of the assignment phase, you may assign Dekan to skirmish an exhausted companion.
Regroup: Exert Dekan (or remove 3) to exert a wounded character.
"...the long barrel exposed to the untold millions captured by the moment."
Riddle 9

Who am I?
menace64
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:57 pm
All right, so I’m getting ready to write out another scene, so here are a few cards to get me into it.

3 ∙Peter, Follower of Seva Elven
Companion - Man
Strength 6
Vitality 3
Resistance 9
Muster.
Each time another companion is about to take a wound, you may exert Peter (or Seva) to prevent that wound.
Regroup: Exert Peter and spot a companion of another culture to take an event of that companion’s culture into hand from your discard pile.
"’You know you’re always welcome here.’"

2 Resistance Planner Elven
Companion - Man
Strength 6
Vitality 3
Resistance 7
To play, spot an Elven companion.
While you have initiative, this companion gains muster.
Each time this companion kills a minion in a skirmish, you may reinforce an Elven token.
"’We’re still here, and we have God to thank for keeping us hidden for this long. But how long can this last?’"

1 ∙Seva’s Underground
Underground. If this site is a sanctuary, when the resistance moves to here, you may heal 2 companions.
Riddle 9

Who am I?

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards