LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:47 pm
So, I decided to start my last DC set in the block I’ve been working on. This one will be called The Last Battle, and, as I’m sure you could figure out, it will be focused on events that take place towards the end of The War of the Ring.

Anyways, I just started up this thread so I can start working through it. I’m not sure exactly how many cards are going to be in each culture or anything, I’ll probably try to structure the set a bit more later. Anyways, here’s the first few cards:

3 *Duinhir, Blackroot Commander Gondor
Companion * Man
Strength: 6
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 5
Captain. (Each time this character wins a skirmish, you may make a companion of the same culture strength +2 until the regroup phase).
Derufin and Duilin are strength +1.
Skirmish: Spot 2 Gondor men and exert Duinhir to make him damage +1.
Skirmish: Spot 3 Gondor men and exert Duinhir to make him strength +2.
S

2 *Duilin, Defender of Osgiliath Gondor
Companion * Man
Strength: 5
Ranger.
While the fellowship is at a battleground or forest site, Duilin is strength +2.
Skirmish: Exert Duilin to exert a minion skirmishing a ranger.
S

2 *Derufin, Defender of Minas Tirith Gondor
Companion * Man
Knight.
Each time a knight wins a skirmish, you may exert Derufin to discard a possession.
Regroup: Exert 3 knights (or spot 3 knights and discard a Gondor fortification) to discard a minion.
S

Now, from what I’ve gathered on card lores and whatnot, Duinhir is the father of Duilin and Derufin. They all fought at Minas Tirith and Osgiliath. As of right now, there may not seem to be much synergy between these three, but the next card ties them together really well.

2 *Warrior’s Legacy Gondor
Condition * Support Area
Each time Duinhir wins a skirmish, you may make a Gondor man gain captain until the end of the turn.
Each time Duilin wins a skirmish, you may make a Gondor man gain ranger until the end of the turn.
Each time Derfuin wins a skirmish, you may make a Gondor man gain knight until the end of the turn.

Aragorn, Elendil, Isildur - King’s Legacy.
Boromir, Faramir, Denethor - Steward’s Legacy.
Duinhir, Duilin, Derufin - Warrior’s Legacy.

So, for example, if Duilin wins a skirmish, you can make Duinhir a ranger, and then exert Duilin to exert a minion skirmishing Duinhir! Isn’t that fun? Or, Duilin can win a skirmish, makes Derufin strength +2 and gain captain, then derufin wins a skirmish, makes Duilin a knight and strength +2, and if Duilin wins a skirmish, you can exert Derufin to discard a possession, and then...

well, you get the point.

What do you think?
Last edited by elf lvr on Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:04 pm; edited 6 times in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:03 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:

2 *Duinhir, Blackroot Commander Gondor
Companion * Man
Captain. (Each time this character wins a skirmish, you may make a companion of the same culture strength +2 until the regroup phase).
S
make him cost 3.

Companion * Man
Ranger.
While the fellowship is at a battleground or forest site, Duilin is strength +2.
S
maybe gondor ranger

Companion * Man
Knight.
Each time a Knight wins a skirmish, you may exert Derufin to discard a possession.
Regroup: Exert 3 Knights (or spot 3 Knights and discard a Gondor fortification) to discard a minion.
S
I guess

Condition * Support Area
Each time Duinhir wins a skirmish, you may make a Gondor man gain captain until the end of the turn.
Each time Duilin wins a skirmish, you may make a Gondor man gain ranger until the end of the turn.
Each time Derfuin wins a skirmish, you may make a Gondor man gain knight until the end of the turn.

Aragorn, Elendil, Isildur - King’s Legacy.
Boromir, Faramir, Denethor - Steward’s Legacy.
Duinhir, Duilin, Derufin - Warrior’s Legacy.

So, for example, if Duilin wins a skirmish, you can make Duinhir a ranger, and then exert Duilin to exert a minion skirmishing Duinhir! Isn’t that fun? Or, Duilin can win a skirmish, makes Derufin strength +2 and gain captain, then derufin wins a skirmish, makes Duilin a knight and strength +2, and if Duilin wins a skirmish, you can exert Derufin to discard a possession, and then...

well, you get the point.

What do you think?

my brain just imploded Wink
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:54 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
elf lvr wrote:
2 *Duinhir, Blackroot Commander Gondor
Companion * Man
S

I think I’d either drop his strength to 5 or raise his cost to 3.

elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Man
Ranger.
S

Fine by me. Thumbs Up

elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Man
Knight.
Each time a Knight wins a skirmish, you may exert Derufin to discard a possession.
Regroup: Exert 3 Knights (or spot 3 Knights and discard a Gondor fortification) to discard a minion.
S

"Knight" should be lowercase in the text. Great otherwise, however.

elf lvr wrote:
Condition * Support Area

Perhaps it should be "a" instead of "gain", but I’m not completely sure. Awesome any way you cut it, though. GP
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:34 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I think it should be gain.
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:10 pm
A couple new ones, just because... I’m going to hit Rise of the Ring hard tonight, though.

1 *Knife of the Galadhrim, Elven-wrought Elven
Possession * Hand Weapon
Strength: +1
Bearer must be Aragorn. This possession may be borne in addition to 1 other hand weapon.
Skirmish: Exert Aragorn and add a threat (or discard this possession) to wound an Orc bearer is skirmishing.
"I am the Foe of Morgoth’s Realm."

1 *Hadhafang, Throng-Cleaver Elven
Possession * Hand Weapon
Strength: +2
Bearer must be Arwen or Elrond.
If bearer is Arwen, each time she wins a skirmish, you may draw a card.
Skirmish: If bearer is Elrond, exert him to reveal the top card of your draw deck. If it is an Elven skirmish event, you may play it as if from hand.
"Aen estar Hadhafang i chathol hen, thand arod dan i thang an i arwen."

3 *Anduril, the Sun and Moon Gondor
Possession * Hand Weapon
Vitality: +1
Bearer must be Aragorn. He gains Captain.
Each time Aragorn wins a skirmish, you may heal another knight or captain.
Anar. Nányë Andúril i né Narsil i macil Elendilo. Lercuvanten i móli Mordórëo. Isil.

2 Defender’s Blade Gondor
Possession * Hand Weapon
Bearer must be a Gondor man. Bearer is strength +1 for each keyword he has in his game text.
Skirmish: Exert bearer to wound a roaming minion he is skirmishing.
Last edited by elf lvr on Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:36 pm; edited 3 times in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:03 pm
elf lvr wrote:
Possession * Hand Weapon
Bearer must be Aragorn. This possession may be borne in addition to 1 other hand weapon.
Skirmish: Exert bearer and add a threat (or discard this possession) to wound an Orc bearer is skirmishing.

I’d leave it at add a threat without the brackets, or take out both the threat and the exertion and make it discard.

elf lvr wrote:
Possession * Hand Weapon
Skirmish: If bearer is Elrond, exert him to reveal the top card of your draw deck. If it is an Elven event, you may play it.

Haven’t I seen that subtitle before? You ripped off DI didn’t you! Razz Make sure that it has to be a skirmish event. Nice card.

elf lvr wrote:
Possession * Hand Weapon
Bearer must be Aragorn. He is gains Captain.
Anar. Nányë Andúril i né Narsil i macil Elendilo. Lercuvanten i móli Mordórëo. Isil.

Solid!

elf lvr wrote:
Possession * Hand Weapon
Bearer must be a Gondor man. Bearer is strength +1 for each keyword he has.

Make sure that keyword doesn’t include race, type or culture. Maybe strength +1 for each keyword in bearer’s game text? Nice thought.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:36 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
elf lvr wrote:
Possession * Hand Weapon
Skirmish: Exert bearer and add a threat (or discard this possession) to wound an Orc bearer is skirmishing.

Since only Aragorn can bear it, the skirmish ability should start "Exert Aragorn...". Good otherwise.

elf lvr wrote:
Possession * Hand Weapon
Skirmish: If bearer is Elrond, exert him to reveal the top card of your draw deck. If it is an Elven event, you may play it.

Yeah, like Thran said...limit that ability to skirmish events.

elf lvr wrote:
Possession * Hand Weapon
Bearer must be Aragorn. He is gains Captain.

Should be simply "He is a Captain" or "He gains Captain...whichever you prefer. Good, though.

elf lvr wrote:
Possession * Hand Weapon
Bearer must be a Gondor man. Bearer is strength +1 for each keyword he has.

I’ll second Thran’s review here.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:03 pm
"is gains"?

What the heck am I thinking today?

And no, I didn’t rip off that subtitle from DI. I think it’s a translation of the runes on Hadhafang. Great minds think alike.

Anyways, changes to be made. Thumbs Up
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:54 pm
elf lvr wrote:
A couple new ones, just because... I’m going to hit Rise of the Ring hard tonight, though.

Possession * Hand Weapon
it works. maybe orc or uruk-hai

Possession * Hand Weapon
Skirmish: If bearer is Elrond, exert him to reveal the top card of your draw deck. If it is an Elven skirmish event, you may play it.
as if from hand...

Possession * Hand Weapon
Bearer must be Aragorn. He gains Captain.
maybe discard other weapons he bears he cannot beat other weapons?

Possession * Hand Weapon
Bearer must be a Gondor man. Bearer is strength +1 for each keyword he has in his game text.

whoa...you get a ranger guy, give him armor of the white city, he prolly has hunter..whoa. I would cut base strength boost
"DáinIronfoot"
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:05 am
2 Unshakable Shadow Wraith
Condition * Support Area
Resistance: -3
While bearer is not in region 3, bearer is strength -2.
Skirmish: Exert a Nazgul twice (or a mounted Nazgul once) to transfer this condition to a companion skirmishing that Nazgul.
Yet their presence could be felt, as a deepening of shadow and a dimming of the sun; and though the Ringwraiths did not yet stoop low upon their foes and were silent, uttering no cry, the dread of them could not be shaken off.

2 Lurking Creatures Sauron
Condition * Support Area
While you can spot 3 threats, each Sauron minion has muster (and is strength +1 if that minion is a Werewolf).
They passed the hours of night in wakefulness and they were aware of many things half-seen that walked and prowled all about them, and they heard the howling of wolves.

1 Gathered and Waiting Wraith
Event * Shadow
Spot up to three Nazgul to add 2 for each Nazgul you spotted in this way, then play the same number of Nazgul from your deck.
And as they stood they saw all the Nazgûl gathered together, hovering above the Towers of the Teeth like vultures; and they knew that they were watched.

5 A King’s Challenge Gondor
Event * Assignment
Toil 2.
If the fellowship is in region 1 or 2, assign a minion to Aragorn. If Aragorn wins a skirmish involving that minion, remove 3 threats.
If the fellowship is in region 3, make a minion strength +3 to assign it to Aragorn. If Aragorn wins a skirmish involving that minion, discard it and another minion.
’Come forth!’ they cried. ’Let the Lord of the Black Land come forth! Justice shall be done upon him.’

3 *The Mouth of Sauron, Fallen Numenorean Sauron
Minion * Man
Strength: 9
Site: 5
Lurker.
Each companion with resistance 0 is strength -2.
Skirmish: Exert the Mouth of Sauron to make a Sauron minion strength +2 (or +3 if that minion is a Man).
Because of his cunning he grew ever higher in the Lord’s favour; and he learned great sorcery, and knew much of the mind of Sauron; and he was more cruel than any orc.

So, he can exert to make himself strength +3... but there are other Sauron men that will make an appearance in Rise of the Ring.
Last edited by elf lvr on Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:51 pm; edited 2 times in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards