LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Which theme next? (see the first post for descriptions)

Smaug  
22%
  [ 2 ]  22%

Shire  
33%
  [ 3 ]  33%

Sites  
44%
  [ 4 ]  44%

Total Votes : 9
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:31 am
As a reminder, this is part of the third of 3 sets:
H1 - The Hobbit (300 cards, 110C 100U 90R)
H2 - The Battle of the Five Armies (200 cards, 70C 70U 60R)
H3 - The White Council (200 cards, 70C 70U 60R)

And it’s more or less complete, I just need the approval of the talented DCers of the cobracards forum!

Here is a (very brief) summary of the block mechanics featured in the first set:

Terror X (Each time this character is assigned to skirmish an opponent’s character, they may make that opponent exert X of their characters.)

Winged (This character can only take 1 wound per phase, regardless of its source.)

Locked - (A card that is Locked has blank game text, unless it is Unlocked. An ability or keyword that is Locked is nonexistent unless it is Unlocked.)

Unlocked - (A card can only be Unlocked if a card allows it to be. A card with no Locked text cannot be Unlocked.)

A seriously detailed description of the last two can be found at this link: http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=4434 (below the Dwarven cards)

There are also a couple more that feature in this set that weren’t in the last, but I’ll get onto them later.

Here’s the culture break down, and clicking on finished cultures will take you to their card lists.

Dwarven - 25
Elven - 26
Gandalf - 33
Gollum - 1
Isengard - 4
Orc - 21
Sauron - 16
Shire - 12
Wraith - 50
White - 12

White • Azanulbizar 1
Mountain. Battleground. Each character loses all attribute bonuses from artifacts.
H3 U 189

White • Dol Guldur Outpost 1
Forest. Battleground. Shadow: Play a minion to wound a minion.
H3 U 190

White • East-Gate of Moria 2
Each character is strength -1 for each artifact he or she bears.
H3 U 191

White • East Lorien 2
Forest. Each character bearing an artifact skirmishing a character that is not bearing an artifact is strength +2.
H3 U 192

White • Hall of Thrain 3
Underground. At the start of the fellowship phase, you may exert a companion to play an artifact of the same culture from your draw deck.
H3 U 193

White • Kheled-Zaram 2
Lake. Mountain. Each character without terror bearing an artifact gains terror 1.
H3 U 194

White • Mirkwood Battleground 0
Forest. Battleground. When the fellowship moves to this site, spot a minion to add 1 for each threat you can spot.
H3 U 195

White • Mirkwood Glade 1
Forest. When the fellowship moves to this site, spot 3 companions not bearing artifacts to add a threat.
H3 U 196

White • Mountains of Mirkwood 0
Forest. Mountain. While you can spot 3 minions here, each unbound companion is resistance -X, where X is the current region number.
H3 U 197

White • Old Forest Road 0
Forest. When the fellowship moves to this site, spot 3 companions bearing artifacts to add a burden.
H3 U 198

White • Ravenhill 3
Each companion bearing a follower is damage +1.
H3 U 199

White • Withered Heath 0
Plains. Dragons are not roaming and cannot be discarded (except during the regroup phase).
H3 U 200

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:11 pm; edited 7 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:37 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I’m gonna surprise everyone (including myself) and vote for...sites!
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:42 am
Im with Dain. Shire anything is dull and i didnt like the last lot of smaug stacking stuff so ill give it a miss.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:35 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
why not? easier to review anyway Wink
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:19 pm
By the way, lem0n, Smaug doesn’t have anything to do with site-stacking this time round.

Interesting that so many have chosen sites. I’ll wait another day I think before posting.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
NBarden
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:49 pm
Shire can be dull, but not necessarily. However, I’ve always loved sites, and not a big fan of Smaug in general.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Thranduil
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:51 pm
I have to say that I think these Shire cards are probably one of the coolest cultures in this set, but you may not agree with me, after all I made them, so I’m bound to be biased! Razz

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Thranduil
Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:43 pm
So I’ve waited a day and I think I’m going to start off with some sites by popular request.

I said there would be some artifact love and hate here, so let’s begin with some of that shall we? And we’ll begin with some sites around Moria.

White • Kheled-Zaram 2
Lake. Mountain. Each character without terror bearing an artifact gains terror 1.
H3 U 194

White • Azanulbizar 1
Mountain. Battleground. Each character loses all attribute bonuses from artifacts.
H3 U 189

White • East-Gate of Moria 2
H3 U 191

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:15 pm; edited 2 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

AgentDrake
Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:06 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Thranduil wrote:
So I’ve waited a day and I think I’m going to start off with some sites by popular request.

I said there would be some artifact love and hate here, so let’s begin with some of that shall we? And we’ll begin with some sites around Moria.

White • Kheled-Zaram 3
H3 U 194

Nice. Companions get terror, too, right?

White • Azanulbizar 2
H3 U 189

Um. I would hate to move here with an exhuaseted companion bearing Narsil, but it’s alright, I guess. Maybe make it cost 1 or 0, though, because it targets primarily FP stuff, unless you have a ton of Shadow artifacts.

White • East-Gate of Moria 1
H3 U 191
Looks good.

Thranduil
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
NBarden
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:34 am
Thranduil wrote:
White • Kheled-Zaram 3
H3 U 194

Why without terror? Have them gain it as well. And this should be 2, helps both.

White • Azanulbizar 2
H3 U 189

Stat modifiers? Balanced enough, not sure what you’re talking about though.

White • East-Gate of Moria 1
H3 U 191

For some reason, I think that the East-Gate of Moria should have something to do with resistance. The whole company was completely demoralized after Gandalf’s fall, so, possibly, capitalize on that. I know that your set isn’t from FotR, but if you like it as is, maybe a different site? IDK, the East-Gate seems like it should be with resistance of some sort. If you do keep it, 2, remember, it hoses both, helps both FP and Shadow, thus, 2.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards