LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Which theme next? (see the first post for descriptions)

Smaug  
22%
  [ 2 ]  22%

Shire  
33%
  [ 3 ]  33%

Sites  
44%
  [ 4 ]  44%

Total Votes : 9
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:41 am
Thranduil wrote:

White • Kheled-Zaram 3
Lake. Mountain. Each character without terror bearing an artifact gains terror 1.
H3 U 194

Cool.

White • Azanulbizar 2
Mountain. Battleground. Each character loses all attribute bonuses from artifacts.
H3 U 189

Even from their gametext?

White • East-Gate of Moria 1
Each character is strength -1 for each artifact he or she bears.
H3 U 191

Hmmm maybe 0. Not sure.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:13 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
White • Kheled-Zaram 3
Lake. Mountain. Each character without terror bearing an artifact gains terror 1.
H3 U 194

I’d keep it at only characters without terror already. I agree that is should cost 2, though.

Thranduil wrote:
White • Azanulbizar 2
Mountain. Battleground. Each character loses all attribute bonuses from artifacts.
H3 U 189

Fine, I s’pose. Drake makes a good point about vitality modifiers, but that doesn’t mean it should be changed. 1 might be better, however.

Thranduil wrote:
White • East-Gate of Moria 1
Each character is strength -1 for each artifact he or she bears.
H3 U 191

Here I think 2 is better, since it likely doesn’t hurt quite as much as Azanulbizar.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:13 pm
NBarden wrote:
Stat modifiers? Balanced enough, not sure what you’re talking about though.

I’m pretty sure in the rules strength/resistance/site number/vitality are called attributes collectively. Could be wrong though.

NBarden wrote:
For some reason, I think that the East-Gate of Moria should have something to do with resistance. The whole company was completely demoralized after Gandalf’s fall, so, possibly, capitalize on that. I know that your set isn’t from FotR, but if you like it as is, maybe a different site? IDK, the East-Gate seems like it should be with resistance of some sort. If you do keep it, 2, remember, it hoses both, helps both FP and Shadow, thus, 2.

I’m almost certain the East-Gate of Moria has something to do with the War of the Dwarves and Orcs, otherwise I can’t imagine I would have included it in this set. Perhaps it’s the gate Thror goes into to reclaim Moria? Don’t remember. Nevertheless, that’s the inspiration for this ability. And made it 1 because it helps the Shadow player more than the Free Peoples player.

lem0nhead wrote:
Even from their gametext?

Yes, I believe the rules would say it includes game text modifiers.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
NBarden
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:28 pm
Okay. I’d personally never use the site, but oh well.

Maybe the Gate of Thor then? I think East-Gate should have something to do with LotR.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:30 pm
NBarden wrote:

Maybe the Gate of Thor then? I think East-Gate should have something to do with LotR.

But it’s the same gate! Very Happy And it isn’t called the Gate of Thror.

I just looked it up on the Encyclopedia of Arda and it’s the gate at the head of Azanulbizar where the final battle of the War of the Dwarves and Orcs takes place.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:34 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
NBarden wrote:

No, I know exactly what Thran is referring to, as it’s a MAJOR location at both the beginning and end of the War of the Dwarves and the Orcs. Azog the goblin kills Thror inside the gate, tossing his head out and starting the war. At the end of the war, Náin and his son Dáin confronted Azog at the gate and Dáin slew him. The Dwarves were about to then retake Moria when Dáin saw the Durin’s Bane inside, and so they left instead.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:27 pm
Sticking with artifacts, we’re going to a different and more woody location.

White • East Lorien 2
Forest. Each character bearing an artifact skirmishing a character that is not bearing an artifact is strength +2.
H3 U 192

White • Mirkwood Glade 1
Forest. When the fellowship moves to this site, each player may spot their character to discard an artifact.
H3 U 196

White • Old Forest Road 0
Forest. When the fellowship moves to this site during the regroup phase, spot 3 companions bearing artifacts to add a burden.
H3 U 198

Originally the Old Forest Road was ’spot 3 companions not bearing artifacts...’ Any thoughts on that?

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

Anvar
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:06 pm
Thranduil wrote:

White • Mirkwood Glade 1
Forest. When the fellowship moves to this site, each player may spot their character to discard an artifact.
H3 U 196

This is a fairly subtle card, more so than it first appears, since you need a minion to survive to discard a FP artifact, however, I’m not at all sure whether sites should be able to discard artifacts at all. I don’t mind artifact hate, but I’m inclined to think that artifacts shouldn’t fall prey to the sitepath.

Anvar
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:24 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

White • East Lorien 2
Forest. Each character bearing an artifact skirmishing a character that is not bearing an artifact is strength +2.
H3 U 192
should cost 3. lots more freeps artifacts than shadow. or cut it to +1.

White • Mirkwood Glade 1
H3 U 196
works.

but NO DISCARDING ARTIFACTS!. make it non-unique IMHO. Wink surely you didn’t think you would get away with that?

Forest. When the fellowship moves to this site during the regroup phase, spot 3 companions bearing artifacts to add a burden.
H3 U 198

cool
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:35 am
Thranduil wrote:

White • East Lorien 2
H3 U 192

Cool.

White • Mirkwood Glade 1
H3 U 196

Hmmmm i might be with SoP on this one, no discarding artifacts.

H3 U 198

Originally the Old Forest Road was ’spot 3 companions not bearing
artifacts...’ Any thoughts on that?

Why dont you make another site with that gametext as well?

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards