LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
AgentDrake
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:10 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Nice try. Razz
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
Celebrimbor
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:06 pm
so, everyone, My PM’s in!

I’ll just sit back and wait for all the slackers to finish. Twisted Evil
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
Thranduil
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:59 pm
Guilty!

Looks like it’s going to be one of those last minute things for me (which I really shouldn’t do because I hate them for my Virtual Contest, but hey, what are you going to do?)

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:52 pm
This still going on?
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
AgentDrake
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:57 am
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Yeah, sorry for the delay. I just got back from Colorado, and I haven’t really had time to do anything with it yet. I’ll try to get everything sorted out by Wednesday, or so.

Heck, I don’t even know who’s sent me the cards, and who hasn’t....
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:19 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Whoops. I know I haven’t. Embarassed Forgot about it. I’ll have them to you this afternoon.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
AgentDrake
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:43 pm
Alrighty, that took waaay too long. Sorry ’bout that.

So here we go! To refresh your memories:

I wrote:
Alright, this round, we’ll have the following challenge.

Requirements:
Create a Support Area condition or Possession which:
Can either draw cards OR act as hand extension of some sort without being broken.
May be unique or non-unique.
Costs 2 or less.
Again, lore is preferable, but not required. I’ll edit a paragraph or two into this topic when I have a chance for you to draw lore from if you don’t have the book, and don’t want to make up your own.

Good luck!

I apologize, but I didn’t ever get that lore edited in.

Here’s the running total at the moment:

el: 6
Dain: 4
Thran: 4
Lem0n: 2
Me and CBB: 0 (we forgot to even enter last time)

Voting: Each contestant should vote. Other voters are always welcome! Vote for your two favorites.

Not necessarily in any order, we have:

A

2• Skillful Feats of Craftsmanship Dwarven SH
Condition - Support Area
To play, exert a Dwarven minion.
At the start of each of your Shadow phases, you may draw a card (or 2 cards if you can spot a Dwarf minion and a Dwarven token).
Regroup: Discard this condition to heal each Dwarven minion.
“‘From their beginnings they throve, the miner’s chisel and smith’s forge bringing them riches, power, and great influence over the affairs of the Elder Days.’”

B
1 • The Petty-Dwarves’ Greed Dwarven SH
Condition - Support Area
Each time a burden is added, you may draw a card. If you draw more than one card this way during this turn, discard this condition.
"...the petty-dwarves loved none but themselves."

C

0 Old and Forgotten Dwarven SH
Condition - Support Area
Shadow: If you cannot spot 3 cards stacked here, spot a Dwarven minion to stack a Dwarven card from hand here.
Shadow: Remove a burden, a Dwarven token, or discard 2 cards from hand to take into hand a Dwarven card stacked here.
"Being masterless and few in number, they found it hard to come by the ore of metals, and their smith-craft and store of weapons dwindled..."

D

2 • Dwarf Greed Dwarven SH
Condition - Support area.
Each time your Dwarven minion wins a skirmish, you may draw a card. The Free Peoples player may also draw a card.
Regroup: Remove this condition from the game and exert your dwarf to discard your hand and draw 8 cards.
"The affect the rings of power did not corrupt the dwarves, but caused them to become increasingly greedy and selfish."

Note: I know the lore isn’t Children of Hurin, but if it goes into the set, that can be changed easily enough. I might just nab the lore off card B for this one.

E
0 • House of the Petty-Dwarves Dwarven SH
Condition - Support Area
To play exert a Dwarf.
At the start of each of your shadow phases you may exert a Dwarven with muster to take a card into hand from here.
At the start of each regroup phase you may stack a card from hand here.
Mim’s refuge at Amon Rûdh was called Bar-en-Nibin-Noeg until the location was revealed to the outlaws then it became Bar-en-Danwedh; The House of Ransom.

F
2 • Dwarf-Sack Dwarven SH
Possession - Support Area
To play, spot a Dwarf minion.
Shadow: If you cannot spot two cards here, you may stack a card from hand here to draw a card.
Maneuver: Exert your Dwarf and remove 1 to take a card stacked here into hand.
Mim carried a heavy-laden sack, filled with the Earth-bread of the wild....

Alright, start voting!

...and if I forgot anything else important, tell me!

EDIT: Prospective deadline is SUNDAY MARCH 8. But I’m getting my wisdom teeth out just before then, so I may still be too drugged up to actually post anything, so expect delays... again. Sorry.
Last edited by AgentDrake on Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:04 am; edited 1 time in totalNever kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:14 pm
I’m a little afraid of broken-ness on some of these. It’s hard to know how much card drawing/extention you can give a corruption deck without it being overpowered, although it’s something that every corruption shadow ever wishes it had. You know?

Anyways, my favorites were, in order:

A. (For being just plain awesome).
and
D. (For being just plain fun, though I’d change the title to "Dwarven Greed" or something).
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
AgentDrake
Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:05 am
Oops. Forgot a deadline. Edited into the original post:
Hopefully, Sunday, March 8
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:15 am
AgentDrake wrote:

2• Skillful Feats of Craftsmanship Dwarven SH
Condition - Support Area
At the start of each of your Shadow phases, you may draw a card (or 2 cards if you can spot a Dwarf minion and a Dwarven token).
Regroup: Discard this condition to heal each Dwarven minion.
“‘From their beginnings they throve, the miner’s chisel and smith’s forge bringing them riches, power, and great influence over the affairs of the Elder Days.’”

Ok a bit simple.

B
1 • The Petty-Dwarves’ Greed Dwarven SH
Condition - Support Area
Each time a burden is added, you may draw a card. If you draw more than one card this way during this turn, discard this condition.
"...the petty-dwarves loved none but themselves."

I like it but would have preferred it only when the shadow adds it.

C
0 Old and Forgotten Dwarven SH
Condition - Support Area
Shadow: If you cannot spot 3 cards stacked here, spot a Dwarven minion to stack a Dwarven card from hand here.
Shadow: Remove a burden, a Dwarven token, or discard 2 cards from hand to take into hand a Dwarven card stacked here.
"Being masterless and few in number, they found it hard to come by the ore of metals, and their smith-craft and store of weapons dwindled..."

Good but abusive as its not unique. Tokens are too easy to come by so this is amazing deck cycling.

D
2 • Dwarf Greed Dwarven SH
Condition - Support area.
Each time your Dwarven minion wins a skirmish, you may draw a card. The Free Peoples player may also draw a card.
Regroup: Remove this condition from the game and exert your dwarf to discard your hand and draw 8 cards.
"The affect the rings of power did not corrupt the dwarves, but caused them to become increasingly greedy and selfish."

Good but makes the game very oddly balanced.

E
0 • House of the Petty-Dwarves Dwarven SH
Condition - Support Area
To play exert a Dwarf.
At the start of each of your shadow phases you may exert a Dwarven with muster to take a card into hand from here.
At the start of each regroup phase you may stack a card from hand here.
Mim’s refuge at Amon Rûdh was called Bar-en-Nibin-Noeg until the location was revealed to the outlaws then it became Bar-en-Danwedh; The House of Ransom.

I like it.

F
2 • Dwarf-Sack Dwarven SH
Possession - Support Area
To play, spot a Dwarf minion.
Shadow: If you cannot spot two cards here, you may stack a card from hand here to draw a card.
Maneuver: Exert your Dwarf and remove 1 to take a card stacked here into hand.
Mim carried a heavy-laden sack, filled with the Earth-bread of the wild....

Simple yet effective.

A
F

Though it was tough, none stood out like a beacon.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards