LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:47 am
I thought all the cards were interesting and balanced, but just a few wording bits here:

B wrote:
1 • The Petty-Dwarves’ Greed Dwarven SH
Condition - Support Area
To play, exert a Dwarven minion.
Each time a burden is added, you may draw a card. If you draw more than one card this way during this turn, discard this condition.
"...the petty-dwarves loved none but themselves."

I’m just not clear when this condition is discarded. As written, it triggers as soon as you’ve drawn 2 cards from it’s game text. I think it would be better and more useful if that triggered at the start of the regroup phase, so you can get 1 turn of drawing as many cards as you can add burdens, and then the condition goes.

D wrote:
2 • Dwarf Greed Dwarven SH
Condition - Support area.
Each time your Dwarven minion wins a skirmish, you may draw a card. The Free Peoples player may also draw a card.
Regroup: Remove this condition from the game and exert your dwarf to discard your hand and draw 8 cards.
"The affect the rings of power did not corrupt the dwarves, but caused them to become increasingly greedy and selfish."

I would just suggest that the first line could say ’Each time your Dwarven minion wins a skirmish, you and your opponent may draw a card.’

E wrote:
0 • House of the Petty-Dwarves Dwarven SH
Condition - Support Area
To play exert a Dwarf.
At the start of each of your shadow phases you may exert a Dwarven with muster to take a card into hand from here.
At the start of each regroup phase you may stack a card from hand here.
Mim’s refuge at Amon Rûdh was called Bar-en-Nibin-Noeg until the location was revealed to the outlaws then it became Bar-en-Danwedh; The House of Ransom.

My real problem with this card is that the first line of text excludes a minimum of half your Shadow phases, likely more, because it requires you to have a minion in play when the phase begins which is only possible on the double move. I think it would work fine as a shadow action.

My votes go to

B
D

for some fantastic ideas!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
AgentDrake
Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:57 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Alright, because I’d rather sit around feeling sorry for myself over my aching jaw than figure out the next challenge, I’ll extend the deadline on voting to Tuesday. But no later.

You’re probably all getting to the point where you’re assuming the deadline on this to be later than I say. Can’t really blame you; I’m starting to think that way, too. For all my obsessive love of order and organization, I’m terribly unpunctual and disorganized. Embarassed

Dain and Celebrimbor, still need your votes (Expect PMs if you don’t have them Monday) and I’ll throw mine in when I tally the results if I don’t post them before then.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:24 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
A and E
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:44 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Yeah, they’re all pretty good. But my votes go to:

E
C
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
AgentDrake
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:00 am
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
I vote A, B.
Didn’t get CBB’s votes. Don’t make me give you a black mark!

Winning with a total of 6 points is A: Dain!

Skillful Feats of Craftsmanship will be added to my DC set, Children of Hurin at the end of the contest.

The cards this rounds were:
A = Dain
B = el
C = thran
D = CBB
E = Lem0n
F = AD

Current standings:
Dain: 12
el: 10
Thran: 5
Lem0n: 5
CBB: 2
AD: 1

Alright, next challenge:

Create a way to use muster as a cost for... [your choice; burdens, tokens, damage bonus... whatever, but something inherently useful will probably be good, as opposed to something that you have to work to make useful.]
Requirements:
-Must be a condition or event
-Must cost 3 or less
-If an event, stealth is preferable, but not required. Remember that I already have cards that allow stealth events to be recurring from the discard pile, so don’t let it get OP that way.

Deadline: Friday, March 21.

EDIT: Here’s some source material for titles/lore. I’ll get more in if I can; so far this is just a copy/paste of what I had before.

The Petty-Dwarves are long out of mind, for Mim was the last. The Nibin-nogrim the Elves of Beriland called them long ago, but the did not love them; and the petty-dwarves loved none but themselves. If they hated and feared the Orcs, they hated also the Eldar, and the Exiles most of all; for the Noldor, they said, had stolen their lands and their homes.Nargothrond was first found and its delving begun by the petty-dwarves, long before Finrod Felagund came over the Sea.
They came, some said, of Dwarves that had been banished from the Dwarf-cities of the east in ancient days. Long before the return of Morgoth they had wandered westward. Being masterless and few in number, they found it hard to come by the ore of metals, and their smith-craft and store of weapons dwindled; and they took to lives of stealth, and became somewhat smaller in stature than their eastern kin, walking with bent shoulders and quick, furtive steps. Nonetheless, as all the Dwarf-kind, they were far stronger than their stature promised, and they could cling to life in great hardship. But now at last they had dwindled and died out of Middle-Earth, all save Mim and his two sons; and Mim was old even in the reckoning of Dwarves, old and forgotten....

Good luck!
Last edited by AgentDrake on Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:50 am; edited 1 time in totalNever kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:17 am
I love how you call this contest "short"! Its the longest in history! Laughing

EDIT: DC sent.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
AgentDrake
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:49 am
"Short," as in we’ll probably only have one more card....

Dang. I knew I forgot something. Need to change the thread title again....
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:06 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Don’t feel bad, Drake. My contest stretched on for MONTHS. Razz

Hopefully I’ll avoid having mine in at the last minute this time. Rolling Eyes
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:01 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Hopefully I’ll avoid having mine in at the last minute this time. Rolling Eyes

Maybe I’ll have yours in before the last minute as well! Wink

DC sent.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Celebrimbor
Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:57 pm
Hey AD sorry I couldn’t vote on time. I think I’m going to drop out of this contest, just too much for me right now.

Sorry about that, because I had the best score and all and ruined the competition. Very Happy
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards