LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Gartax
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:00 pm
Our playgroup is building a brand new set call Reflection 2. And i am in charge of creating the one ring. So here is what i have come out.

+1 strengh
+1 PV
+2 Resist

The Wretch’s Precious

When the FP moves from a region 1 site, add a threat.

Maneuver: Wear The One Ring until the regroup phase.

When the FP moves to a region 3 site, wound the RB or add a burden.

While wearing The One Ring, each time the RB is about to take a wound, add a burden instead.

"My Precious"

What do you guys think??
is it playable??
is it too or not enought strong???
Will you find it fun to play with or against it????

Thanks
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:57 pm
Gartax wrote:
Our playgroup is building a brand new set call Reflection 2. And i am in charge of creating the one ring. So here is what i have come out.

+1 strengh
+1 PV
+2 Resist

The Wretch’s Precious

When the FP moves from a region 1 site, add a threat.

Maneuver: Wear The One Ring until the regroup phase.

When the FP moves to a region 3 site, wound the RB or add a burden.

While wearing The One Ring, each time the RB is about to take a wound, add a burden instead.

"My Precious"

Gartax wrote:
What do you guys think??

Firstly, it’s great to have a new DC-maker around! GP

Secondly, let’s deal with format first:

• The One Ring, The Wretch’s Precious Ring
Strength: +1
Vitality: +1
Resistance: +2
While the Ring-bearer is wearing The One Ring, each time he or she is about to take a wound, add a burden instead.
When the fellowship moves from a region 1 site, add a threat.
When the fellowship moves from a region 3 site, add a burden or exert the Ring-bearer.
Maneuver: Make the Ring-bearer wear The One Ring until the regroup phase.
"’My precious.’"

This looks a lot cleaner and a lot nicer, and it’s a lot clearer to understand what you’ve written.

Here are my thoughts:

1) The built-in disadvantages are not enough to balance the huge stat upgrades provided by the Ring. For example, most One Rings require you to pay a cost to wear them, but this one doesn’t. Make it a burden or an exertion or some threats or some such cost, or take out some of the stat boosts (perhaps the resistance bonus?)

2) It’s a shame to have a region 1 and region 3 ability without one in region 2. I suggest region 2 could either add twilight, or perhaps you could move the threat adding there and make region 1 into an advantage like healing the Ring-bearer or removing twilight (toning down the rest of the card accordingly).

3) I think ’The Precious’ is a much better subtitle than ’The Wretch’s Precious’, but that’s a matter of taste.

Gartax wrote:
is it playable??
is it too or not enought strong???
Will you find it fun to play with or against it????

Thanks

It looks to me too strong at the moment, but Rings are always tough to balance. It does look quite fun, though.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Gartax
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:39 pm
Well i have a contraint of place on the card, so i don’t think i can add a region 2 texts...

Also i have a nice pic of Golum holding the ring, that is why i call it the wrech’s precious.

I’ll try to harder it a little more, maybe by adding a cost to it, but i want it to be original.....

Suggestion:

Maneuver: discard a random card from hand to...
Maneuver: discard a FP card from hand to...
Maneuver: discard 2 cards from hand to...
Maneuver: wound a companion to...
Maneuver: Make a minion strengh + 2 to...
Maneuver: Make all minion strengh + 1 to
Maneuver: Make a minion damage +1 to...
Maneuver: Make the RB strengh -1 to...

What do you think of those suggestion?
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:49 pm
Gartax wrote:
Well i have a contraint of place on the card, so i don’t think i can add a region 2 texts...

Also i have a nice pic of Golum holding the ring, that is why i call it the wrech’s precious.

I’ll try to harder it a little more, maybe by adding a cost to it, but i want it to be original.....

Suggestion:

Maneuver: discard a random card from hand to...
Maneuver: discard a FP card from hand to...
Maneuver: discard 2 cards from hand to...
Maneuver: wound a companion to...
Maneuver: Make a minion strengh + 2 to...
Maneuver: Make all minion strengh + 1 to
Maneuver: Make a minion damage +1 to...
Maneuver: Make the RB strengh -1 to...

What do you think of those suggestion?

Original is all well and good, but sometimes simplest is best. Of your thoughts there, I prefer the discarding options.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Gartax
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:52 pm
Thanks for your advice have a GP
thonnas7
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:46 pm
I see lots of great ideas here; I’m sure this ring will turn out great.

So, as for the name, I like "The Precious" as well, but it’s just a trivial matter. Entirely your choice.

For wearing the ring, I really like your idea of discarding two cards from hand. From experience I know discard cards from hand always tears me apart, so I think it’s a nice cost. Also, I’d suggest dropping the resistance boosts.
NBarden
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:58 pm
Definitely discard random. That would rock. Since the card could be quite valuable, and lose you initiative.

Discarding two cards would actually HELP a lot of decks that like Hardy Garrison or stuff like that. Auto-cycling AND automatic initiative losing in a lot of cases. Same with 1 card from hand. But discard random would make you hate to use it unless necessary. Chance of losing a valuable card is too high.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Sam-Wise
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:07 pm
I think it looks great. GP
My Greatest friend is Jesus Christ.
He's the source of all power.

X+3=8-2. {X=3}. I love little algebra problems!
TheHobbit13
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:50 pm
NBarden wrote:
Definitely discard random. That would rock. Since the card could be quite valuable, and lose you initiative.

Discarding two cards would actually HELP a lot of decks that like Hardy Garrison or stuff like that. Auto-cycling AND automatic initiative losing in a lot of cases. Same with 1 card from hand. But discard random would make you hate to use it unless necessary. Chance of losing a valuable card is too high.

agreed.

what is pv?
If you like LOTR then maybe you would like redemption ccg PM me for more info
Gartax
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:27 pm
oups sorry

PV= Point de vie it is in french

in english it is hit point or vitality

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards