LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:18 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
menace64 wrote:
4 Old Forest Hardwood Cobra
Minion - Tree
Strength 11
Vitality 4
Site Number 2
Damage +1.
While the fellowship is not at any site 2 or any site 3, this minion is roaming.
Skirmish: Exert this minion to make it strength +1 for each other Tree you can spot (limit +2).

You could make that first part much, much simpler and just say "While the fellowship is not in region 1...." I LOVE that concept, by the way: roaming AFTER a certain site number! Good stuff.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:19 pm
I don’t like limits much so I’d probably remove it. Given he’s usually 6, it’s fine without I reckon (though obviously it depends to a certain degree on how many Trees you make). The funniest thing is that it includes Huorns!

I remember Vine Snake. Never used it though. I can see it’s potential, but I’d rather feed said key character to Sarlacc! Twisted Evil

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
menace64
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:33 pm
lol Dain. I came up with that concept accidentally back in the FotR days when I first learned to play. Not only did I *not* know that minions were discarded in the regroup phase (so by site 5 you had 20 minions or so to fight), but I thought minions were roaming before and after their home site. After those horrible confusions were rectified, I sat back and waited for the day Decipher did post-site roaming. Never happened. Crying or Very sad

Good call on the simplification. Done.

On second thought, Thranduil, I think I’ll raise the limit. I mean, at 4 vitality (and with no idea how many trees the environment might end up with) some kind of limit is needed. +3 for an exertion - and possibly +9 total against something without pre-skirmish wounding - is good enough.

Another card:

0 ∙Where Time Tells No Tale Cobra
Condition - Support Area
While a Cobra card is stacked here, this condition may not be discarded.
Regroup: If at an underground site, remove 2 to stack your Cobra minion here.
Shadow: Discard a Cobra minion stacked here to make a companion (except the Ring-bearer) strength -2 until the regroup phase.
"’...under the living earth, where time is not counted... the world is gnawed by nameless things.’"
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:41 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
menace64 wrote:
Condition - Support Area
Shadow: Discard a Cobra minion stacked here to make a companion (except the Ring-bearer) strength -2 until the regroup phase.
"’...under the living earth, where time is not counted... the world is gnawed by nameless things.’"

Nifty...provides a nice way of recycling for strength. I do hope you plan on a card that can play your minions from such conditions, too.... Twisted Evil
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:21 pm
menace64 wrote:
Condition - Support Area

Not all creatures should work for underground sites. Just imagine a Mumak trying to fit through the Gates of Moria! Give it a separate condition or make it only stack certain creatures, like Shelob or whatever else you decide belongs underground. Then you could make a series of these cards for different terrains, apart from anything else.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
menace64
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:39 pm
Ehh... that might be taking things too specific to be viable. I mean, all mumak cards so far have been a bit surreal (so wait, one dude is riding the mumak? what’s everyone else on?). I think stacking a mumak there just requires a bit of imagination... Perhaps, under the mountains, a bizarre mutation takes place over time that results in some huge-ish elephant-type thing. Why not?
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:41 pm
menace64 wrote:
Ehh... that might be taking things too specific to be viable. I mean, all mumak cards so far have been a bit surreal (so wait, one dude is riding the mumak? what’s everyone else on?). I think stacking a mumak there just requires a bit of imagination... Perhaps, under the mountains, a bizarre mutation takes place over time that results in some huge-ish elephant-type thing. Why not?

Obviously I’m not suggesting you add to every Mumak ’Discard if at an underground site’ - I can understand that level of fudging of reality (and much more), but I don’t see the rational from making all creatures benefit from underground sites given that, like in Star Wars, they have habitats (and like your Tree above). In the same way that Nazgul don’t get discarded at river sites, but don’t benefit from them either.

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

NBarden
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:48 pm
Who says they don’t benefit? I remember a FotR River site that Nazgul loved A LOT.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards