LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:29 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
I’d have to check up on Javascript and such, but you should be able to set up the images so that you can flick through them by something like a "next" and "previous" link.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Kralik
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:43 pm
Well, I have a rather large database of all of the card text, etc. I was thinking of writing a little script to autogenerate an html page for each image, along with the appropriate previous/next links and card information. Javascript would be good, but I think if there’s more text and pages on the site vs. a big set of pictures it will be likely to stay hosted. Most free hosting companies get cranky about large repositories.
LeoKula
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:17 am
It’s amazing how lazy people can be!

Kralik already got all images and put them organized in one place and some people want him to find a way and teach them to get those images to their computer for their use with the names they want! Shocked Incredible!!

BTW Kralik, thanks for putting those up, it’s very useful Wink
If you have a MW Éomer, Horsemaster, please let me know what you want for it Smile
Hobbit_Pizza
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:38 am
at least I gave him a goldpiece Dancing
Atse_Kashte
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:41 pm
Big question here:
If Cobra Cards started back up, how many people would buy from them?
Note: there would be new management, meaning that it would restock more often but would only sell LotR TCG cards. Please reply with a yes or no so I can get a feel for if there is still a market. Also, put down how much per month you would plan to spend. I will check about once a week.
Note: this event would probably not take place until mid-summer, around June.
-Nic Gibson
NBarden
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:26 pm
LeoKula wrote:
It’s amazing how lazy people can be!

Kralik already got all images and put them organized in one place and some people want him to find a way and teach them to get those images to their computer for their use with the names they want! Shocked Incredible!!

BTW Kralik, thanks for putting those up, it’s very useful Wink

The fact is, he has the technical expertise to do something like that. I don’t. You don’t have to be rude and call me lazy, the fact simply is that I would have no clue how to do it, otherwise, I’d be happy to do it by myself.

Its amazing how rude people can be!

Bear in mind that though you guys maybe be computer geniuses, not everyone is. I know enough to enable to to troubleshoot problems with computer and do basic (note, VERY basic) software programming, but I know almost nothing about the internet and networking.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Hobbit_Pizza
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:02 pm
Atse_Kashte:

Maybe.

I can’t say how much I would spend, it would totally depend on the pricing.
I don’t and won’t pay retail rates for anything. All of the stuff listed on ebay from hillswholesale, thunderbolt, and wildthingsgames are a good example.

Private sellers, singles sales, and lot sales are the way to go. Can cobra cards compete with them without inflating their pricing or buying them out to monopolize the product availability? Eh?
Atse_Kashte
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:20 pm
Hobbit_Pizza:

CobraCards would not be selling any goods at retail prices. The only product (at least to begin with) that we would be offering is singles, at prices comparable and perhaps a little less than what they were under Mr. Brace’s management.

As a guide, the average common would range from 5-15 cents, uncommon at 10-50 cents, and rare from 50 cents to 2 dollars, depending on the set. Also, while we would have more cards in stock than before, we would still be very scanty on certain sets whose booster boxes sell upward of 140 dollars. Shocked

I’m glad to see an answer so quickly, as it seems to imply that the forums, and consequently the site, are still active.

Also to note, these questions are all rhetorical. For now Conor Brace still has complete control over the website, forums, and Cobra Cards entity, with no concrete or pending contract suggesting otherwise.

-Nic Gibson
gil-estel
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:33 pm
Joined: 25 Apr 2007 Posts: 545 Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
with prices and conditions as good as they were...most certainly I would order....problem is that I have nearly completed mu collection, so the frequency of ordering can be a problem. For certain decks I would buy cards!
My trading list
My main wants
My refs
NBarden
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:47 pm
Atse_Kashte wrote:
CobraCards would not be selling any goods at retail prices. The only product (at least to begin with) that we would be offering is singles, at prices comparable and perhaps a little less than what they were under Mr. Brace’s management.

Whoa. If you can beat Conor’s old prices, I’d definitely buy. Heck, if you were a little more over Conor’s old prices, I’d still probably buy. Although how anyone can afford to beat his prices is beyond me.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion