LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:16 am
I’d be interested in any store that carries singles from Hunters and beyond, especially with prices comparable to CC.

My purchases are anything but regular, though, but it’d probably be my shop of choice. CCG Obsession charges quite a bit for even C’s/UC’s, and beyond that, I have to look up stores outside the US for the later sets.
Celebrimbor
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:18 pm
Try dacardworld.com. Not a huge selection of cards, obviously, but a lot of sought-after rares for a decent price.
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
Malachi
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:07 am
Incredible! You even have all correct images for the cards, that are "scrapped" on Decipher’s website (like LOTR05030). How on Earth did you get them? Homage

And considering Online Promos - I happen to have about 22 of them. You said you have all Triumph/Menace Cards from 0W01 to 0W13 - how about cards from 0D20 to 0D24?
Kralik
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:21 pm
I call those cards "corrupted." Basically, it took a lot of scouring the Internet to find good versions, most from the depths of Decipher’s site (Yes, they are still there somewhere). In a few cases, such as 0D6, and 7C137, when I could find no good versions, it took careful digital editing.
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:18 am
Celebrimbor wrote:
Try dacardworld.com. Not a huge selection of cards, obviously, but a lot of sought-after rares for a decent price.

DA definitely has great prices, and I’ve ordered from them before. However I’ve noticed that my singles orders from walk-in stores tend to be on the scuffed side (to the point that I doubt some would be legal for tournament play without opaque sleeves). I guess it’s from people browsing through them? Although for sealed products I’d imagine DA is the place to go.

For sets 1-12 singles I’d recommend The Rendezvous Point: huge selection, great prices, mint quality cards. Kwyjibo Kardz has sets 13 & 15 C’s/U’s, but for the most part starting from Bloodlines it’s up to CCG Obsession. Unless you go international/eBay/trades. (Feel insanely free to correct me.)

Anyway, so I’m somewhat on one of the topics, I think there’s a niche to be filled, and if CC came back that would be a great day, great hour. Wink
Kralik
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:55 am
First revamp!

I’ve updated my site (EDIT) to include next/previous buttons and full game text/information from each card. Hopefully sometime I can set up a search engine for y’all. I also back-edited any links my posts so that they point to the right spot.

Check it out and let me know what you think! Smile
Last edited by Kralik on Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
AgentDrake
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:14 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Nice!

It’s great to have a list of all the cards that actually works. Maybe someday Decipher will get their act together and have a working list themselves.

Well, maybe not, but still.

GP
Thanks for getting this up!

EDIT:
Oh, one idea you *might* want to consider (I dunno how much work/time it would take) is adding a note beneath X-listed, R-listed, and errata’d cards indicating their status. Hardly necessary, but it might be convenient.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
Kralik
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:37 pm
More updates: Reorganized promo card numbering. All 0P’s are in the first set and Legends Masterworks / Tengwar cards are inline with their appropriate sets. Also updated three cards with higher quality images and added the card 0D5.

I highly doubt it about Decipher. If you look at their older CCG’s, their webpages are full of broken links.

Errata and X/R-listing notes are on my todo list... I think I’ll try to get a working search engine first, though. Smile
Kralik
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:33 am
More updates: Added Triumph and Menace series cards (W promos), a bunch of decked-out League cards (D promos), and the alternate image cards from sets 5-6.
Kralik
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:58 am
OK, I hope you all will find this next update useful: I added a basic search engine. It is available on every page, both the index and the card pages.

Here are some examples of things you can search for:

Different versions of Gandalf:
Code:
"Type: Companion" Gandalf

Isengard skirmish events that affect strength:
Code:
"Culture: Isengard" "Type: Event" Strength

Free People cards that add a burden or a threat:
Code:
"Side: Free" AND ("add a burden" OR "add a threat")

Sauron Orcs with vitality 4:
Code:
"Culture: Sauron" "Vitality: 4" "Minion - Orc"

Shadow cards that exert Ring-bound companions:
Code:
"Side: Shadow" "exert a Ring-bound companion"

Here is a list of search tips which explains wildcards, boolean expressions, etc. Note that in most cases you’ll want to use quotes around your terms to be given the correct results. You can also use periods as a word separator to avoid using quotes. For example: "add a burden" = add.a.burden

Let me know what you think of the search engine! In the future, I will probably split the main index into lists for each set, since it is rather large (about 0.45MB). Errata should be coming soon as well.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion