LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:28 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
kingmj4891 wrote:
Sorry it has taken so long but here is the One Ring and Frodo reworked and new is the Dwarven Culture.....enjoy and please review....

No apologies necessary. It’s your set, after all...take all the time you need. Smile

kingmj4891 wrote:
• The One Ring, Burden of the Fellowship
STR+1
VIT+1
Ring-bearer must be a Fellowship Companion.
Fellowship: Add two burdens to play a fellowship hobbit or fellowship wizard from your draw deck.
Response: If bearer is about to take a wound, he wears The One Ring until the regroup phase.
While wearing The One Ring, each time the Ring-bearer is about to take a wound, add a burden instead.

I’m assuming this is seperate from the other Ring you made, so I’ll judge it in that light.

It’s nice how it’s limited to fellowship companions, but the stats are awfully good for a Ring that has low drawbacks and a nice ability, to boot. I’d make it add a burden to wear it, and limit that fellowship ability to a "At the start of the fellowship phase..." thing so you can only use it once per turn.

Now, as far as grammer goes this is pretty good, but "Hobbit" and "Wizard", as races, should always be capitalized. "Fellowship Companion" should NOT be, however.

kingmj4891 wrote:
0 • Frodo, Mr. Baggins Shire
Companion• Hobbit
STR 3
VIT 4
RES 7
Ring-Bearer. Fellowship.
Frodo is resistance +1 for each other Fellowship companion you can spot.

I was about to say you didn’t change anything, but now I see you lowered his resistance. 7 is kind of an odd resistance number for Hobbits, so perhaps just lower it to 6 and say "...resistance +1 for each fellowship companion...", allowing it to spot himself, too. If you look at Sam, Bearer of Great Need, that indicates such wording is fine. Thumbs Up

kingmj4891 wrote:
2 • Gimli, Axe-Master Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
STR 6
VIT 3
RES 6
Fellowship. Damage +1.
While you can spot no other dwarfs Gimli is strength +1 and Damage +1.

I think the potential damage +2 is a little too good. I’d make it resistance +1 instead. Maybe even +2 if you can spot another fellowship companion.

Also, word the first part "While you cannot spot another Dwarf...."

kingmj4891 wrote:
2 Gloin, Dwarven Legend Dwarven
Follower
STR+2
Aid-3
If bearer is a Fellowship companion bearer is Damage +1.

Needs a uniqueness dot. I’d also make it spot a Dwarf to play, but beyond that, not too bad.

kingmj4891 wrote:
2 • Gimli’s Battle Axe, Blood Spiller Dwarven
Possession• Hand Weapon
STR +2
Bear must be Gimli.
Bearer is Damage +1 (or +2 if you can spot 4 Fellowship companions.)
Skirmish: Exert Gimli and a Fellowship companion to make Gimli Strength +2 (Limit +2.)

Since bearer can only be Gimli, change "bearer" to "Gimli". Grammatically, "damage", "fellowship", "strength", and "limit" should all be lowercase. Other than that, I like it. A lot. Smile

kingmj4891 wrote:
2 Gimli’s Armor, Battle Tested Dwarven
Possession • Armor
RES +1
Bear must be an unbound Dwarven Companion.
Skirmish: Discard this possession to make a minion bearer is skirmishing lose all Damage bonuses.

Again, needs to be unique. "companion" and "damage" should be lowercase, too. But neat!

kingmj4891 wrote:
1 • Gimli’s Helm, Head Gear Dwarven
RES+1
Possession • Helm
Bear must be Gimli.
He takes no more than 1 wound during each fierce skirmish phase.
Response: Discard this possession to prevent all wounds to him.

"Him" should be "Gimli", but it’s great otherwise, I think.

kingmj4891 wrote:
2 • Book of Mazarbul, Ancient Text Dwarven
Possession • Support Area
To play spot a dwarf.
At the start of the regroup phase if the fellowship is at a Underground site heal a dwarf or draw two cards.

Only grammar stuff here: "Dwarf" should be capitalized, "underground" should be lowercase, and you’re missing commas. I’ll just reprint the text with them in the recommended spots:

To play, spot a Dwarf.
At the start of the regroup phase, if the fellowship is at an Underground site, heal a Dwarf or draw two cards.

kingmj4891 wrote:
2 Skull Bash
Event • Skirmish
Make Gimli strength +2 or exert Gimli to make a Fellowship companion Damage +2.

I think it would be better to cost 1 and bring it down to damage +1.

kingmj4891 wrote:
3 Underground Kingdom Dwarven
Event • Fellowship
Spot a Dwarf to play a Dwarven Possession or Dwarven Artifact from draw deck or discard pile.

You need a "your" after "from", and "possession" and "artifact" should be lowercase. I also think it would probably be okay to bring the cost down to 2...maybe even 1.

kingmj4891 wrote:
5 •Dwarf from Erebor Dwarven
Condidtion
Plays on a Fellowship companion (except the ring-bearer.)
Skirmish: Discard this condition to have a Dwarf replace this companion in a skirmish.

5 seems a little expensive...maybe 4. Possibly even 3.

kingmj4891 wrote:
2 •Dwarven Kingdom Dwarven
Condition
Gimli is strength +2 and Damage +1 while the fellowship is at an underground site.

Don’t forget "Support Area", and again, "damage" should be lowercase, but seems okay otherwise.

kingmj4891 wrote:
4 Dwarven Craftsmen Dwarven
Condition
Each time the fellowship moves add 1.
Dwarven possessions may not be discarded by shadow players.

Again, you need to specify "Support Area", and "Shadow" should be capitalized. Maybe lower the cost to 3.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:23 am
kingmj4891 wrote:
STR+1
VIT+1
Fellowship: Add two burdens to play a fellowship hobbit or fellowship wizard from your draw deck.
Response: If bearer is about to take a wound, he wears The One Ring until the regroup phase.
While wearing The One Ring, each time the Ring-bearer is about to take a wound, add a burden instead.

I think it should just play a fellowship companion rather than restricting it to Hobbits and Wizards. I echo DI’s comments, both on the burden and the grammar, and some bolding in the right places would be nice!

kingmj4891 wrote:
Companion• Hobbit
STR 3
VIT 4
RES 7
Ring-Bearer. Fellowship.

There’s no problem with this card, but I repeat my earlier comments about Hobbits and resistance bonuses.

kingmj4891 wrote:
Companion • Dwarf
STR 6
VIT 3
RES 6
Fellowship. Damage +1.

’Damage’ does not need a capital letter and should be bolded (sorry, but these things annoy me! Razz) I think I’d prefer something for spotting a whole load of fellowship companions rather than simply not spotting Dwarves - I think that would fit a theme better anyway. So, maybe ’While you can spot 6 fellowship companions, Gimli is strength +2’ then maybe a damage bonus if you can spot 9 - everything should hinge on 9.

kingmj4891 wrote:
Follower
STR+2
Aid-3

Does need to be unique, and you could probably reduce the aid cost to 2 or the twilight cost to 1 (and aid should be bold). Spotting Gimli isn’t bad either. I think you should make at least 1 card that references Dwarven followers though, otherwise this seems rather out of place.

kingmj4891 wrote:
Possession• Hand Weapon
STR +2
Bear must be Gimli.
Skirmish: Exert Gimli and a Fellowship companion to make Gimli Strength +2 (Limit +2.)

Needs to spot more fellowship companions. Noone should care about 4, you want all 9! Other than that, I don’t think it needs the limit given that it requires 2 exertions.

kingmj4891 wrote:
Possession • Armor
RES +1
Skirmish: Discard this possession to make a minion bearer is skirmishing lose all Damage bonuses.

Reiterating DI’s capitalisation once more, but also wouldn’t mind Skirmish: and damage (just to hammer a point home beyond all necessity! Very Happy) Should be unique, like the original, and given it’s Gimli’s, only he should bear it (so, if you’re worried about Bearer of Grudges, say ’Bearer must be Gimli (except the Ring-bearer).’ Also, if you changed that skirmish event to a continuous ability, it would be a lot more worth using.

kingmj4891 wrote:
RES+1
Possession • Helm
Bear must be Gimli.

Remove the word ’fierce’ and I’d say this card was fine. May need to specify in a particular phase to be clearer, though it’s probably not necessary.

kingmj4891 wrote:
To play spot a dwarf.
At the start of the regroup phase if the fellowship is at a Underground site heal a dwarf or draw two cards.

I entirely agree with DI’s nitpicks, and am glad that he made them so I don’t have to! (except that he missed the fact that ’underground’ doesn’t need a capital and can be bold if you feel like it). Can’t complain other than that though.

kingmj4891 wrote:
2 Skull Bash
Event • Skirmish

Could probably have a better name, but whatever. Again with the capitals and bold text. Even as it is this card could cost 1, but I agree with DI that damage +2 is too much.

kingmj4891 wrote:
Event • Fellowship
Spot a Dwarf to play a Dwarven Possession or Dwarven Artifact from draw deck or discard pile.

This card could be 1 - easily. And DI is once again right about capitalisations and so forth.

kingmj4891 wrote:
Condidtion
Skirmish: Discard this condition to have a Dwarf replace this companion in a skirmish.

I wouldn’t pay more than 2 for this card, just because Counts But One does it at 2 with a threat, you can choose the companion to switch when you play it and isn’t limited to fellowship companions. If this is a theme for all of the fellowship, I wholeheartedly approve. I suggest that 1 (and only 1) of this theme works for Frodo as well, possibly a Gondor or Shire version.

kingmj4891 wrote:
Condition
Gimli is strength +2 and Damage +1 while the fellowship is at an underground site.

Needs to have ’Support Area’ after condition. Fine, but I don’t think I’d use this in a fellowship deck per se. Maybe instead it should make each fellowship companion damage +1 at 3 (another excellent cycle I would recommend).

kingmj4891 wrote:
Condition

Again Dain hit this card exactly right, except that I probably wouldn’t pay more than 1 at the outset for this card - it’s not that powerful nor indeed that useful as Shadow possession discard is reasonably rare. In fact, I could easily see at 0 with adding twilight every turn.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:54 am
kingmj4891 wrote:

STR+1
VIT+1

I cant review this properly cos its so unlike the rings im used to, im not a fan. Sorry.

Companion• Hobbit
STR 3
VIT 4
RES 7
Ring-Bearer. Fellowship.

Sound but risky as heck. Need to raise his default res as losing a few comps can cause a corruption late on, make it 10 and for each fellowship comp over X.

DWARVEN

Companion • Dwarf
STR 6
VIT 3
RES 6
Fellowship. Damage +1.

Meh, ok, slightly overshadowed by some of the others.

Follower
STR+2
Aid-3

Could drop aid cost to 2 ands raise his cost to 3.

Possession• Hand Weapon
STR +2
Bear must be Gimli.

Phrase it bearer must be gimli, he is damage +1... Cool.

Possession • Armor
RES +1

It should at leat give gimli an added bonus if he bears it. Good though but needs that bit adding.

RES+1
Possession • Helm
Bear must be Gimli.

Lame subtitle! Razz Alright.

To play spot a dwarf.

Could cost 1 maybe.

2 Skull Bash
Event • Skirmish

Dodgy name again! Id saw just a dwarf the first time.

Event • Fellowship

This could cost 1 or nothing. No reason at all for such a high cost.

Condidtion

Typo on condition. Could lower the cost quite a bit or give it toil 2 like Guardian for Gondor.

Condition

Needs to play to your support area. needs rephrasing to while the fellowship is at an underground site Gimli is strength +2 and Damage +1. Id change to +1 strength and lower cost to 1.

Condition

I disagree with Thran in disregarding this as powerful, i think its awesome. Making it cost 1 or 0 and will mean more than 1 in a deck and even if discarded another one could be played (or even 2 at once) and the shadow will never be able to discard possessions. Maybe drop cost to 3 but dont make it too strong.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:24 am
lem0nhead wrote:
I disagree with Thran in disregarding this as powerful, i think its awesome. Making it cost 1 or 0 and will mean more than 1 in a deck and even if discarded another one could be played (or even 2 at once) and the shadow will never be able to discard possessions. Maybe drop cost to 3 but dont make it too strong.

I just think that adding 1 each time you move is more than enough of a cost - too often have I seen my fellowship die because I played one too many Rider’s Steeds giving the Shadow player that little extra they needed. I really don’t think protecting your possessions all game is worth 13 twilight.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
kingmj4891
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:22 am
Thanks for the reviews the thoughts and ideas are being taken into consideration and revision has begun but in the mean time here are the Elven cards..........

ELVEN

2 • Legolas, Elven Bow Master Elven
Companion• Elf
STR 6
VIT 3
RES 7
Fellowship. Archer.
While you can spot only fellowship companions, the fellowship archery total is +1 (or +2 if you can spot 9 fellowship companions.)

2 • Legolas’ Bow, Elven Crafted Elven
Possession• Ranged Weapon
VIT +1
Bearer must be Legolas.
Skirmish: Exert Legolas and spot 4 fellowship companions to exert a minion he is skirmishing.

1 • Long Knives of Legolas, Elven Steel Elven
Possession• Hand Weapon
STR +1
Bearer must be Legolas.
Each minion skirmishing Legolas is strength -1 for each wound on that minion (or -2 if you can spot 9 fellowship companions.)

2 • Lembas, Food for the Journey Elven
Possession
To play, spot an Elf or an Elven follower.
Bearer must be a fellowship companion.
Regroup: If the Fellowship did not move more than once this turn make the move limit -2 to heal each companion, discard this possession.

2 • Elrond, Elven Elder Elven
Follower
VIT+1
RES +1
To play spot 3 fellowship companions.
Aid- Exert a fellowship companion.
Bearer is strength +1 for each Elven follower you can spot (limit +3).

2 Galadriel, Queen of Lothlorien Elven
Follower
RES +2
To Play spot 3 fellowship companions.
Aid- Add 2
Maneuver: Exert bearer to look at 2 cards in opponents hand at random.
Discard one and replace the other (Limit once per phase.)

1 • Merry’s Dagger, Gift of Galadriel[Elven]
Possession•Hand Weapon
STR-3
RES +1
Bear must be Merry.
Merry is strength +1 for each non-Shire fellowship companion you can spot.

1 • Pippen’s Dagger, Gift of Galadriel[Elven]
Possession•Hand Weapon
STR-3
RES +1
Bear must be Pippen.
Pippen is strength +1 for each non-Shire fellowship companion you can spot.

1 •Elven Rope, Gift of Galadriel[Elven]
Possession•Rope
RES+1
Bearer must be Sam.
While you can spot Sam and Frodo both are strength +1.

0 •Phial of Galadriel, Gift of Galadriel[Elven]
Possession•Phial
RES+1
Bearer must be Frodo
When you play this possession you may heal a fellowship companion and remove a burden.

1 •Strands of Elven Hair, Gift of Galadriel[Elven]
Possession
RES+1
Bearer must be Gimli (except the ringbearer.)
Each time Gimli wins a skirmish, you may draw a card.

1 •Knife of the Galadhrim, Gift of Galadriel[Elven]
Possession•Hand Weapon
STR+1
RES+1
Bearer must be Aragron, he may bear this hand weapon in addition to 1 other hand weapon.
Each time Aragorn wins a skirmish, you may wound a minion who is not assigned to a skirmish.

1 • Miruvor, Gift of Elrond[Elven]
Possession•Flask
RES+1
Bearer must be Gandalf.
Maneuver: Heal two fellowship companions or discard a weather condition, discard this possession.
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:43 am
kingmj4891 wrote:

Dude Thran is gonna flip when he sees this! Consider lowering the amount of cards you post at one time it might get you more reviews as el found out, sometimes people cant be bothered to trawl through double figures of DC’s.

ELVEN

Companion• Elf
STR 6
VIT 3
RES 7
Fellowship. Archer.
While you can spot only fellowship companions, the fellowship archery total is +1 (or +2 if you can spot 9 fellowship companions.)

Nice, i like mucho.

VIT +1
Bearer must be Legolas.
Skirmish: Exert Legolas and spot 4 fellowship companions to exert a minion he is skirmishing.

Hmmm yeah seems good.

Possession• Hand Weapon
STR +1
Bearer must be Legolas.
Each minion skirmishing Legolas is strength -1 for each wound on that minion (or -2 if you can spot 9 fellowship companions.)

Cool.

Possession
Regroup: If the Fellowship did not move more than once this turn make the move limit -2 to heal each companion, discard this possession.

Very odd and seems counter to what lembas does i.e. gives u enough strength to keep moving.

Follower
VIT+1
RES +1

Wow thats hell of an illiteration! Try saying that 100 times. Seems ok though i dont think the limit is necessary, if they want o play 5 elven followers let them.

Follower
RES +2
Aid- Add 2

Instead of limiting it to once per phase say when you transfer this follower do X....

Possession•Hand Weapon
STR-3
RES +1
Bear must be Merry.

Way too OP mate. Cant give default +3 strength then give a potential +5 again! Would be much better without any default strength bonus and use the gametext.

Possession•Hand Weapon
STR-3
RES +1
Bear must be Pippen.

See above comment.

Possession•Rope
RES+1
Bearer must be Sam.

Needs a comma after Frodo.

Possession•Phial
RES+1
Bearer must be Frodo
When you play this possession you may heal a fellowship companion and remove a burden.

Overshadowed by the other versions but ok.

Possession
RES+1

Maybe say an unbound Gimli? Cool card.

Possession•Hand Weapon
STR+1
RES+1
Bearer must be Aragron, he may bear this hand weapon in addition to 1 other hand weapon.
Each time Aragorn wins a skirmish, you may wound a minion who is not assigned to a skirmish.

Typo on the first aragorn. Cool.

Possession•Flask
RES+1
Bearer must be Gandalf.
Maneuver: Heal two fellowship companions or discard a weather condition, discard this possession.

Cool.

Some awesome DC’s dude GP
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
kingmj4891
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:28 am
Quote:

Possession•Hand Weapon
STR-3
RES +1
Bear must be Merry.

Way too OP mate. Cant give default +3 strength then give a potential +5 again! Would be much better without any default strength bonus and use the gametext.

Possession•Hand Weapon
STR-3
RES +1
Bear must be Pippen.

See above comment.

The strength is -3 not +3 so it is not overpowered.
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:45 am
Ahhh ok mate. I think youd be fine to just remvoe a strength modifier and maybe the resistance as well and just ahve the gametext as it is.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:29 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
kingmj4891 wrote:
Companion• Elf
STR 6
VIT 3
RES 7
Fellowship. Archer.

Subtitle is rather meh, but I LOVE the text. Consider rephrasing it to either "While you cannot spot a non-fellowship companion" or "While each companion is a fellowship companion"; just a little cleaner.

kingmj4891 wrote:
VIT +1
Bearer must be Legolas.

I’d prefer it give a strength bonus instead of vitality. Extra vitality with certain versions of Legolas gets very dangerous.

kingmj4891 wrote:
Possession• Hand Weapon
STR +1
Bearer must be Legolas.

I LOVE how that pairs with archery. Excellent.

kingmj4891 wrote:
Possession

Not your typical lembas, but fine by me.

kingmj4891 wrote:
Follower
VIT+1
RES +1

I think the limit’s fine. Never quite understood vitality bonuses on followers, though.... Think

kingmj4891 wrote:
Follower
RES +2
Aid- Add 2

I agree with lem0n on the wording. Thumbs Up

kingmj4891 wrote:
Possession•Hand Weapon
STR-3
RES +1
Bear must be Merry.

Possession•Hand Weapon
STR-3
RES +1
Bear must be Pippen.

Interesting. I think it might be a lot easier, however, to simply scatch the intial strength reduction and limit the pumping to +3.

kingmj4891 wrote:
Possession•Rope
RES+1
Bearer must be Sam.

A portable A Promise. Neato.

kingmj4891 wrote:
Possession•Phial
RES+1
Bearer must be Frodo

I’d let it be borne by any Ring-bound Hobbit...or, sticking with your theme, by any fellowship Hobbit. But it’s nice either way.

kingmj4891 wrote:
Possession
RES+1

Instead of "except the Ring-bearer", try "unless he is the Ring-bearer". However, seeing as how it relies on winning skirmishes, and skirmishing with Gimli as your RB adds up threats and burdens anyway, it might actually be okay to let ANY Gimli use it. I WOULD, however, require spotting an Elven card to play it.

kingmj4891 wrote:
Possession•Hand Weapon
STR+1
RES+1

Niftiness.

kingmj4891 wrote:
Possession•Flask
RES+1
Bearer must be Gandalf.

Again, require spotting an Elven card to play, I think.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:28 pm
So apparently I’m going to flip! Razz

I am however going to delay because I just don’t have the time at this point. Also, take it from me that it’s a lot more fun to post cards in 2’s and 3’s than a whole load in one go! It makes it last a lot more.

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards