LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:13 pm
kingmj4891 wrote:
2 • Legolas, Elven Bow Master Elven
Companion• Elf
STR 6
VIT 3
RES 7
Fellowship. Archer.
While you can spot only fellowship companions, the fellowship archery total is +1 (or +2 if you can spot 9 fellowship companions.)

Perhaps a little bit much, especially with his high resistance. At least take it down to 6. Awesome concept though.

kingmj4891 wrote:
2 • Legolas’ Bow, Elven Crafted Elven
Possession• Ranged Weapon
VIT +1
Bearer must be Legolas.
Skirmish: Exert Legolas and spot 4 fellowship companions to exert a minion he is skirmishing.

I agree entirely with DI on this one. Also, I don’t think Legolas’ gear has ever given a vitality bonus so it seems a bit out of the blue.

kingmj4891 wrote:
1 • Long Knives of Legolas, Elven Steel Elven
Possession• Hand Weapon
STR +1
Bearer must be Legolas.
Each minion skirmishing Legolas is strength -1 for each wound on that minion (or -2 if you can spot 9 fellowship companions.)

A super-awesome Blade of the Fallen! What’s there not to like? Razz

kingmj4891 wrote:
2 • Lembas, Food for the Journey Elven
Possession
To play, spot an Elf or an Elven follower.
Bearer must be a fellowship companion.
Regroup: If the Fellowship did not move more than once this turn make the move limit -2 to heal each companion, discard this possession.

Interesting. You need a ’minimum 1’ clause in there to make it work. However, I’m not sure that lembas should be slowing you down - after all, it was supposed to help the fellowship travel - so I’d prefer something that supported the double move rather than gets rid of it. Also, it’s weird to be unique, so I’d suggest something far more minor, non-unique and costing 1. So discarding it to heal bearer and maybe draw a card or two seems to be fine.

kingmj4891 wrote:
2 • Elrond, Elven Elder Elven
Follower
VIT+1
RES +1
To play spot 3 fellowship companions.
Aid- Exert a fellowship companion.
Bearer is strength +1 for each Elven follower you can spot (limit +3).

I slightly object to his subtitle on the basis that he’s not really an Elf. Master of the Last Homely House might be better, especially to fit in with his fellowship role here. I think I’d also prefer him to be healing people rather than exerting or boosting strength, which is after all what Elrond does. I think I’d change the vitality to strength, change the aid cost to some twilight or something and make it heal the companion he’s transferred to, or something of that nature.

kingmj4891 wrote:
2 Galadriel, Queen of Lothlorien Elven
Follower
RES +2
To Play spot 3 fellowship companions.
Aid- Add 2
Maneuver: Exert bearer to look at 2 cards in opponents hand at random.
Discard one and replace the other (Limit once per phase.)

I like this reference to the Mirror of Galadriel. Unfortunately, the Mirror is actually not very good. I’d make this trigger when the fellowship moves perhaps so that the Shadow player would have more cards in hand. Keeping it at maneuver though, I’d make it trigger when Galadriel is transferred so as to avoid the limit clause, which I prefer to avoid at all costs.

kingmj4891 wrote:
1 • Merry’s Dagger, Gift of Galadriel Elven
Possession•Hand Weapon
STR-3
RES +1
Bear must be Merry.
Merry is strength +1 for each non-Shire fellowship companion you can spot.

I think I agree with lem0n on this one.

kingmj4891 wrote:
1 • Pippen’s Dagger, Gift of Galadriel[Elven]
Possession•Hand Weapon
STR-3
RES +1
Bear must be Pippen.
Pippen is strength +1 for each non-Shire fellowship companion you can spot.

See above. Oh, and it’s PippIn, with an I.

kingmj4891 wrote:
1 •Elven Rope, Gift of Galadriel Elven
Possession•Rope
RES+1
Bearer must be Sam.
While you can spot Sam and Frodo both are strength +1.

Again, a weird object to be unique. Maybe call it Sam’s Rope? I like it otherwise.

kingmj4891 wrote:
0 •Phial of Galadriel, Gift of Galadriel[Elven]
Possession•Phial
RES+1
Bearer must be Frodo
When you play this possession you may heal a fellowship companion and remove a burden.

I like it, but I think I’d prefer something which stays hidden and useless, then comes out and saves the day like it does in Shelob’s Lair, so a special ability rather than a play trigger, but you don’t really have to listen to me, I’m being seriously pedantic at the moment.

kingmj4891 wrote:
1 •Strands of Elven Hair, Gift of Galadriel[Elven]
Possession
RES+1
Bearer must be Gimli (except the ringbearer.)
Each time Gimli wins a skirmish, you may draw a card.

I really love this awesome theme of gifts. Fantastic. And no problem here, though I do agree with DI.

kingmj4891 wrote:
1 •Knife of the Galadhrim, Gift of Galadriel[Elven]
Possession•Hand Weapon
STR+1
RES+1
Bearer must be Aragron, he may bear this hand weapon in addition to 1 other hand weapon.
Each time Aragorn wins a skirmish, you may wound a minion who is not assigned to a skirmish.

All these gifts add resistance, so I hope you make something of it in your other fellowship cards.

kingmj4891 wrote:
1 • Miruvor, Gift of Elrond[Elven]
Possession•Flask
RES+1
Bearer must be Gandalf.
Maneuver: Heal two fellowship companions or discard a weather condition, discard this possession.

I think it should just be a possession rather than making up a random sub-type. Fine, except that weather conditions are never going to be used by anyone because the strategy is absolutely terrible.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
kingmj4891
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:45 pm
Thranduil Wrote:
Quote:

kingmj4891 wrote:
Quote:
1 • Miruvor, Gift of Elrond[Elven]
Possession•Flask
RES+1
Bearer must be Gandalf.
Maneuver: Heal two fellowship companions or discard a weather condition, discard this possession.

I think it should just be a possession rather than making up a random sub-type. Fine, except that weather conditions are never going to be used by anyone because the strategy is absolutely terrible.

Thranduil

I may go ahead an make some weather conditions in this set but story wise Gandalf gives the fellowship this to drink while on the mountians during saurman’s snow

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards