LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
wraithful
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:44 pm
If I have a version of sam in play who can be the ringbearer, along with frodo frenzied fighter, and bilbo bearer of things burgled as my ringbearer, if frodo dies, does sam take the ring from bilbo? I was just wondering, cause I don’t think the rulebook states that frodo must be the ringbearer in order for this to happen.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:46 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Big D clarified this a couple times. The text you’re referring to on many versions of Sam ONLY works if Frodo is the Ring-bearer. So no, you can’t make Sam the Ring-bearer in a roundabout way like you described.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
wraithful
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:54 pm
okay. I wasn’t sure. I don’t know what advantage there would be to that anyway. Think
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:02 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
It would make Sam a lot more splashable, for one thing. Just toss in Sam and Frodo FF with virtually any fellowship to give you a second RB if your primary one is killed! Yeah, I’d strongly consider that, especially with some weak RBs like Galadriel, Smeagol, and yes, Bilbo.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
NBarden
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:50 pm
Bilbo isn’t weak.

Okay, maybe he is. But some day, I’m going to make a killer deck revolving around him. Other than Bilbo/Gondor Wraiths in expanded (mass pwnage).

Speaking of which, Bilbo + Gondor Wraiths is a cool deck.

Anyways, no, Frodo has to be the RB. That was clarified with the release of FF. However, a fun deck you might look at is getting a Frodo RB killed, Sam taking the ring, using Falls of Rauros to remove him from the game and play Frodo, Frenzied Fighter. Which accomplishes about the same thing, only you can use a better version of Bilbo. Mr. Green
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions