LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
NBarden
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:11 am
sickofpalantirs wrote:
goodness, its almost like I only need thran to review! Wink

and maybe dain to correct my atrocious grammar and wording.

back to the last alliance, and the other in my two cycles of three.

3 •Isildur, Lord of Gondor Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength • 7
Vitality • 3
Resistance • 6
Lord-Maneuver:Exert this character to make a Gondor man vitality +1 until the regroup phase
At the start of each skirmish involving Isildur, you may add a threat spot Elendil and Anarion to make him strength +X, where X is his vitality, until the end of that skirmish.

Lore...how about "Argh!"? Broken check, not broken, but certainly sweet with Anarion. Very Happy And he needs something to get him going. A mega Elendil and this guy would make an awesome deck.

as usual I need lore, and wording fixes, and a broken check.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Thranduil
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:02 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
Companion • Man
Strength • 7
Vitality • 3
Resistance • 6
Lord-Maneuver:Exert this character to make a Gondor man vitality +1 until the regroup phase
At the start of each skirmish involving Isildur, you may add a threat spot Elendil and Anarion to make him strength +X, where X is his vitality, until the end of that skirmish.

As I said, I’d prefer for you to hold out on granting abilities with Lord until there is a better feel for it, because at the moment I’m having a lot of difficulty working out what this card actually does. Why not just call it Lord - vitality +1 and be done with it?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:11 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
card extensively edited.

better?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:22 pm
Apart from the ability thing which I’ve already mentioned, I think you should probably unbold the bit after ’maneuver’ because it’s confusing - normally only phase names and keywords are in bold.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:17 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I made it italiced, and I still want some abilities. I don’t want so much vitality being added without cost.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:23 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
I made it italiced, and I still want some abilities. I don’t want so much vitality being added without cost.

You don’t need to add vitality then. I really think you should lay the groundwork for Lord before you start messing around with it, though you should definitely mess around with it eventually!

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:56 am
sickofpalantirs wrote:
goodness, its almost like I only need thran to review! Wink

and maybe dain to correct my atrocious grammar and wording.

FINE! Ill stop then shall i? Speak to the hand

back to the last alliance, and the other in my two cycles of three.

Companion • Man
Strength • 7
Vitality • 3
Resistance • 6
Lord-Maneuver: Exert this companion to heal a Gondor man.
At the start of each skirmish involving Isildur, you may add a threat and spot Elendil and Anarion to make Isildur strength +X, where X is his vitality, until the end of that skirmish.

U like this anarion text thing dont you. Its cool but dont over do it. Also i think just adding a threat is a little too easy for an awesome ability. Nice lord text though it seems too good. Remember the broken faramir loop?.

as usual I need lore, and wording fixes, and a broken check.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:49 pm
Thank you lem0n an actual review from you...not that mine are much better than seconded Shhh

I will change the ability to regroup, and regarding HIS ability, I have one more idea to make it balanced.

Companion • Man
Strength • 7
Vitality • 3
Resistance • 6
Lord-Skirmish: Remove a Gondor token to make this companion strength +1 (limit +2)
At the start of each skirmish involving Isildur, you may exert him and spot Elendil and Anarion to make Isildur strength +X, where X is his vitality, until the end of that skirmish.

so I tried this with exerting him. now

2 •Banner of Isildur Gondor
Possession • Banner
Bearer must be a Gondor companion. If bearer is Isildur, he is strength +1. At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, you may exert bearer to choose one of the following: reinforce a Gondor token, take a Gondor event from your discard pile into hand, or heal a Gondor companion.

I don’t think i will have any female lords.
should this be unique? or just toned down....and correct my atrocious grammar.
Last edited by sickofpalantirs on Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:08 pm; edited 2 times in totalArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
"DáinIronfoot"
NBarden
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:11 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
Thank you lem0n an actual review from you...not that mine are much better than seconded Shhh

I will change the ability to regroup, and regarding HIS ability, I have one more idea to make it balanced.

Companion • Man
Strength • 7
Vitality • 3
Resistance • 6
At the start of each skirmish involving Isildur, you may exert him, add a threat and spot Elendil and Anarion to make Isildur strength +X, where X is his vitality, until the end of that skirmish.

so I tried this with exerting him. now

No. I don’t like it, because it depletes his vitality. I wouldn’t throw it in my Anarion deck, like the old version.

2 Banner of Gondor Gondor
Possession • Banner
Bearer must be a Gondor companion. If bearer is a Lord, he is vitality +1.
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, you may exert bearer to choose one of the following: reinforce a Gondor token, take a Gondor event from your discard pile into hand, or heal a Gondor companion.

Wow. Um...that’s nice. Really nice. I want it.

Why not? Rosie Cotton would be perfect! No, seriously, Eowyn and Galadriel are two that would be great as lords.

should this be unique? or just toned down....and correct my atrocious grammar.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:16 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
sickofpalantirs wrote:
Companion • Man
Strength • 7
Vitality • 3
Resistance • 6
At the start of each skirmish involving Isildur, you may exert him, add a threat and spot Elendil and Anarion to make Isildur strength +X, where X is his vitality, until the end of that skirmish.

I’m with NB. I liked the old one better.

sickofpalantirs wrote:
2 Banner of Gondor Gondor
Possession • Banner
Bearer must be a Gondor companion. If bearer is a Lord, he is vitality +1.
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, you may exert bearer to choose one of the following: reinforce a Gondor token, take a Gondor event from your discard pile into hand, or heal a Gondor companion.

Awesome. I’d make it a hand weapon, though, like the old-school banners. But this is a great card.

NBarden wrote:
sickofpalantirs wrote:

Why not? Rosie Cotton would be perfect! No, seriously, Eowyn and Galadriel are two that would be great as lords.

Yes, but I don’t think either of them would be Gondor culture. I could MAYBE see a Gondor Arwen that was a Lord, but aside from that, SoP’s probably right...no female Gondor Lords. Heck, are there currently ANY female Gondorians at all? I can’t think of any in the game.... Think
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards