LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Gameplay Questions
NBarden
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:57 pm
Okay, so I play Zoetic Cavern face down as a 2/2. Can I then play, say, Plains, pay 2 and flip it face up? Or would that be considered two lands per turn?

If I can, then I’m thinking this is a good card for setting up mana fast.

Scenario 2. I block, say Akroma, Angel of Fury with the 2/2 creature, pay 2 and flip it up. What happens to the combat? Do I still get killed, does Akroma trample on me, or is the combat terminated?

If I can get these answered, that’d be great, and this card may be going in some of my decks.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:23 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
When you played Zoetic Cavern, it was a 2/2 creature, so yes, you can do that. However, I hope you don’t plan on using the Cavern itself, while morphed, to make mana, becuase it has no mana abilities when it’s a creature.
In scenario two, let’s go with Spectral Force instead, since Zoetic Cavern doesn’t really fly, now does it? So, you block Spectral force, and WAIT UNTIL DAMAGE IS ON THE STACK. Your opponent HAS to assign lethal damage to it, so they’d assign 2 to the morph (at least, depending on the deck they might assign more thinking it might be a Fathom Seer or Brine Elemental if you have mana to unmorph it) and 6 to you. Then, you flip it over. It’s no longer a creature, but they already assigned only 6 damage to you, so it "absorbs" 2 damage and stays alive. Now, if you block and flip it over BEFORE damage goes onto the stack, then they can ssign the full 8 to you, since there’s no creature to assign lethal damage to anymore.
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:04 pm
Confirmed my suspicions, but not with the trample. I get it now.

I had a problem with Fury Slivers killing my creatures on the first strike, and then swinging at me. Wasn’t sure that could be done, but I think that it can now under the same reasoning?
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:02 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Nope, unless they have trample as well. They have to assign damage to the blockers, while the blockers are still alive in the regular combat-damage step or not are a whole different matter. They are still blocked, thus won’t deal damage to the defending player.
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:31 pm
Okay, I see. Wasn’t sure about that one. Thanks!

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Gameplay Questions