LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
AgentDrake
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:46 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Thranduil wrote:
I’ve had an excellent idea for a Smaug, and I was just worrying that this set needed a version of him. So, I’m going to repost the Uncountable Hoard with changes and follow it with my new Smaug:

2 • Uncountable Hoard Sauron
Artifact • Support Area
Shadow: Exert Smaug and discard a Shadow condition from play to Unlock this artifact.
Locked: Shadow: If Smaug is not exhausted, exert a character to draw a card. The Free Peoples player may also use this ability.
H3 R 126

Much better! Very good.

12 • Smaug, Vassal of the East Sauron
Minion • Dragon
Str: 19
Vit: 5
Sit: 6
Winged. Fierce.
While you can spot 3 Shadow cultures, Smaug’s site number is -3.
While you can spot 3 artifacts, Smaug is strength +3.
While you can spot 3 stacked sites, Smaug gains terror 1.
’The Dragon Sauron might use with terrible effect.’
H3 ?

Ooh, nice. Versatile.

Thranduil
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:02 pm
gil-estel wrote:
maybe an idea to do something with it’s temper? Like Unhasty? It took a while before Smaug finaly decided to fly out and be aggresive...Dragons seem to be lazy...

Dragons are lazy, but they’re also very bad-tempered when disturbed, which I think represents these 3 Smaugs nicely. The first one is really angry and just wants to kill everything, the second is trying to add to his hoard of treasure, and the third has been called to war by his master Sauron.

Also, I forgot to mention. Any suggestions for a rarity for the Smaug?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:37 am
Thranduil wrote:
I’ve had an excellent idea for a Smaug, and I was just worrying that this set needed a version of him. So, I’m going to repost the Uncountable Hoard with changes and follow it with my new Smaug:

2 • Uncountable Hoard Sauron
Artifact • Support Area
Shadow: Exert Smaug and discard a Shadow condition from play to Unlock this artifact.
Locked: Shadow: If Smaug is not exhausted, exert a character to draw a card. The Free Peoples player may also use this ability.
H3 R 126

Erm, you cant just say charcter or you can exert the freeps to draw cards, thats just broken! I dont like this. It reminds me to much of death they cried, Ill exert, no ill exert, no ill exert etc... Boring. And not really useful for the freeps. Exertions on them are twice as painful as on minions.

Minion • Dragon
Winged. Fierce.
H3 ?

Seems ok though id like to see a none burrito Smaug. As for rarity, its like Sauron, he cant NOT be rare.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:24 am
lem0nhead wrote:
And not really useful for the freeps. Exertions on them are twice as painful as on minions.

It’s not supposed to be useful for the FP player - it’s supposed to be painful. And all they have to do is exert Smaug until he’s exhausted so that the Shadow player can’t keep exerting their companions. It takes 1 action and 1 exertion to Unlock it, so then the FP player gets an action and can immediately exert Smaug again. So realistically, unless the FP player desperately wants to exert a minion except for Smaug, that ability will only be used twice per Smaug you play, and that’s assuming you don’t exert him for anything else (and there are quite a lot of things that exert Smaug).

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:51 am
I see. Good point. But i still dont agree with each turn after that the shadow can exert at least 2 companions to draw 2 cards.
Last edited by lem0nhead on Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:55 am; edited 1 time in totalBan shampoo, demand real poo.
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:54 am
lem0nhead wrote:
I see. Good point. Then its not a useful card then is it?

Well, you get to exert 2 companions and draw 2 cards, if you don’t mind Smaug being exhausted. There is a Sauron card that heals minions I seem to remember. EDIT: forget that last bit. There is from Battle of the Five Armies, but it only heals other minions.

Do you think I should change it?

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:56 am
LOL ive edited that post so many time since youve quoted me. I cant seem to decide about this card.
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:58 am
lem0nhead wrote:
I see. Good point. But i still dont agree with each turn after that the shadow can exert at least 2 companions to draw 2 cards.

Well, I guess I’ll have to quote you again! Razz

It’s not quite that good. You only get to do it each turn you play Smaug, and it will reduce his vitality by 4.

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:01 am
Im too confused now to think about it! d'oh!

Yeah i guess it does depend on a few things. Fair enough.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:54 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:

Minion • Dragon
Winged. Fierce.
H3 U
Thranduil

would be beastly in multiplayer. 9 cost as it wouldn’t be that hard to post 3 cultures with conditions and all...

but nice and balanced, though with winged, does he really need 5 vitality?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards